School

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 09:57 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Momtothe6th...lol. The kids had a lady principal once at the elementary school that I swore had my picture on the back of her door to throw darts at. Hey if we aren't going to advocate for our kids, who will......no one!!!

Quote:
If I had to choose between the public school and homeschooling I'd probably still pick the public school. I don't think I have the heart or committment or desire to homeschool, but hats off to those of you that do. We all do our best for our kids, whatever that entails.
^that
#12 is on the way
July 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Veteran
We have a school at our church but we can't afford it. I don't think it's even a reasonable price even if we could afford it.....
July 30th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids go to a year round school and its pretty great. I don't think any school is amazing anymore but the school is good. A few trips a year, lots of extra events, fairly small class sizes, and fairly good academics.

The only downside is that it is in the next city over so it takes a bit of time each day to get them there. We used to live just down the street but we ended up buying our house the next city over because prices so much lower. The school takes kids from the whole region you just have to get them there yourself no busing.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
July 30th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Clouise, I have simialar views. I think homeschooling is great but we are only homeschooling until we get into a good school district. I have said on the homeschooling board that I am not anti-public school but I don't ever really say that we are only doing it until we get into a better district. For us a better district is a smaller rural school with good academics. It is looking like it may be sooner rather than later. I am debating right now if we are going to homeschool this year or not. If my dh gets the job he put in for then they will most likely go to the school there. So if he gets it it'll be better for us to enroll them here and just transfer them after we move( about a month after school starts). I wish I knew if he got the job or not. School starts here in 3 weeks. :/
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

July 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We homeschool. I took my kids out of public school because they weren't doing much more than gym and a couple of worksheets a day(and that's high school). I want more than that for them. My kids have really embraced homeschooling and seem to love it.

August 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
We looked into all the school in our area and ended up picking one that is on the other side of town. It is the best school in our district. I'm not the homeschool type mom either. San Diego school are amazing and I really miss living there. It took us a little bit to find a good school in this area but we finally did and got my girls a transfer to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search