My funny daughter

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yesterday after the zoo, Laliyaah went to the grocery store with me to get milk. As we were walking in there was a, I'll just say, "stressed out" momma with four lil kids in front of us. The two smallest girls, probably 4ish, were running amok, and one was helping another into a grocery cart and they both almost fell. All this while the mom and two older kids are paying no attention, backs turned, several feet away.

A grandmotherly type woman sees all of this and walks past me and Laliyaah, who is right by my side, and asks me if the "running amok" kids are mine. "No, Ma'am, not mine."

She says, "well thank goodness they aren't mine either! Where is their mother?"

I gesture towards the woman with her back turned and the older lady just shakes her head and walks by while Laliyaah and I continue on our way.

We get several feet away and Laliyaah says, " Well if she thought THEY were your kids, then who am I? Just some random black girl?"
HeavensMom and cnote like this.
#12 is on the way

Last edited by UrbanMomma; July 30th, 2012 at 09:04 AM.
July 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
LMBO!

My sister runs into that also. She is as white as you can get and they there are her mixed babies, at least this lady didn't tell you that you had bred with the wrong race...
July 30th, 2012, 09:21 AM
In almost 18 years of brown skinned babies, I have been told every dumb *** racial thing in the book, that included and being called a N*****-lover. Ohhh the stories I could tell.

When I was pg with my oldest son, my aunt (moms sister) told me I should have an abortion because biracial children are never well adjusted and don't fit in anywhere. I'm sure my son would beg to differ now.....

You know, I don't think the haters are very original....lol
#12 is on the way
July 30th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think biracials are the most beautiful. I keep trying to have a black baby, but they keep coming out white.
July 30th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Lol fw.
#12 is on the way
July 30th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
LOL FW, that just cracked me up!

Funny story. My uncle was a great man, would do anything for just about anyone. However, he grew up in a small town and never left the town. He knew white people and mexicans. That's it ******s as they were always referred to were all but unheard of. Now I live in the very town he grew up in, the people have progressed a little.

Now imagine his 20 year old DD coming home with her brand new husband (they eloped) and he is black. Wait for it.......she is also pregnant! Oh lordy, the family shame LMAO. She was disowned for a while, but once that baby was born. It didn't matter, only problem is that he would not stop using the word ******. That's what they were called growing up and he wasn't going to change his way for any bleeding hearts.

Even my sisters kids were referred to that way. I'll tell you what though, he'd have laid down in front of a vehicle for any of them. He was just a stubborn man.

The stories my sister tells me, cause they live in a small predominately white town are sad, but funny at the same time.

I still hate to here that word, but up here the older generation still uses it. When I moved up here 12 years ago, black people were rarely if ever seen. I come from LA and seeing all of these white folks was shocking to me lol. Thankfully it's very common now, but still somewhat seen as a novelty. If that makes sense.
July 30th, 2012, 09:51 AM
My grandma, sweetest lady ever, still says "colored people"...I have tried to express to her thats not what we say anymore, but she's 87. She loves her great grandkids and goes to an all black church, but she just grew up in that time.

You know, my son, Isaac, the oldest (who the earlier story was about) has never had a problem fitting in. He is equally comfortable with black kids and white kids. He says he doesn't have any issues.

And the next one down just thinks he is God's gift to this earth, so you can't tell him any different. LOL

Some of the yonger ones are just getting a grip on the race thing, I don't push anything, I have always just let them "get in where they fit in"
#12 is on the way
July 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I always try to look at the source when certain things are said, because like you said, the older generation just doesn't get it.

I think children today just don't see race as a big deal anymore. I know growing up for me it never was, but it was still seen as a 'bad' thing especially by my generations parents. Now a days, kids just don't really care.
July 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! Too cute!

I always correct the term 'colored' when I hear it. I don't like it. Easter eggs are colored not people.
Rebelmommy likes this.
July 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
That is a great story. LMBO at fw's post

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 30th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol@ FW!

RJ calls the black kids down the block his brown friends. I haven't seen much of them since Rob had to call the police because they were in the road (along with one of the babies) and wouldn't move for cars... but that's a different story.

I absolutely love old people, especially stories like that, when it's something totally wrong, but that's how they were raised so they don't even bat an eye.

July 30th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL UM, that is SO funny.

My bff has 2 bio kids and 2 adopted from Haiti. Bff says they are brown, and doesn't like them to be called black. I do find that the older generation is a little politically incorrect without meaning to be.
July 30th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti.Mom View Post
lol@ FW!

RJ calls the black kids down the block his brown friends. I haven't seen much of them since Rob had to call the police because they were in the road (along with one of the babies) and wouldn't move for cars... but that's a different story.

I absolutely love old people, especially stories like that, when it's something totally wrong, but that's how they were raised so they don't even bat an eye.
OMG you just reminded me of what my dd used to call black people. She called them chocolate people, she had chocolate dolls, chocolate barbies ect,.

One day she even asked me if they tasted like chocolate, I would guess she was 3 at the time. When she asked I said let's call up your aunt and ask. My sister about died laughing, she told her she didn't know she never tasted her children, but if she held on she would go take a lick. By now I am hysterical, my sister comes back and tells her that they didn't taste like chocolate, they tasted like dirty kids. LMBO

It get's better, we had went to the city, to our big mall, and I had all of the kids with me. Cole and Vanna were running a little ahead of us. Not goofing off or anything, just walking. All of the sudden Vanna stops, looks up and I can see what is coming. There is a young girl maybe 15/16, and she is black. Before I have two seconds to react she yells out "Look mom it's a chocolate girl".

I wanted to die, but this young girl starts laughing and looks at her and says "why yes I am and I am very sweet too". I swear Vanna stood there wide eyes for a good 2 minutes...I was just thankful she didn't ask for a taste!
July 30th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^^^^ that is cute!

~~terre~~
July 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Veteran
Too cute!
July 31st, 2012, 06:30 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL that's great! I didn't know what to even call them, so I called (and still do) them the new neighbors. There are SOO many of them, there's no way I remember all their names. There was seriously 13+ kids staying there at one time this summer. Only 6 of them 'belong' there, they just kept multiplying lol

Sydney also calls them the new neighbors, Jayde calls them the black people, and then you've got RJ. They must've been running a hair salon over there too, the girls came out with their hair different every day! lol

July 31st, 2012, 10:02 AM
Veteran
Kidsare so often oblivious unless you make a big deal of it. My sisters friend lived with us when I was growing up and she was very dark. One day, maybe a year or 2 ofter she moved in with us my little sister said " Mom, Nashika is black? I just thouht she had a good tan."
July 31st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lmao.

I think they are the most beautiful too. When I started kindergarten there was a little biracial girl in my class...the first I had know I think. I thought they were sooo pretty. I remember telling my mom I wanted her to do my hair just like hers, and that was just not going to be happening, lol.
July 31st, 2012, 01:22 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sadly, I had a different experience growing up. I have a bi-racial brother, and he's the best brother ever! He's so sweet, has a beautiful wife, and 2 beautiful kids. When we lived in the city, other kids would ask my other brother and me (we're both white) if our bi-racial brother was adopted. Mom was a single parent (which got us treated differently anyway) and as soon as they learned my brother was NOT adopted, but was indeed our half brother, we were treated like crap.

Once mom moved us away from there and to a small town community, the grief for having a brother with a different dad than ours stopped. We were accepted as we were and it was so so much better. My brother was literally a one of a kind in the school, as everyone else was white. He never let it get him down, even when there was an obviously racist teacher.

In HS, some idiots sent around a KKK sign up sheet at a basketball game. My brother, to be a smart off, signed up. And I don't mean my white brother, either. My mom was so upset that he signed it and he said, "What are they going to do? Discriminate against me and say I can't join them? If they do, do I get to sue for violation of my civil rights?!" LOL Mom didn't know what to say to that, and I don't think anything even came out of the whole KKK thing....especially since it was started by students against him.

That's how he was, and is. He meets anything and everything head on. If you tell him he can't do it, you better have a darn good reason as to why. He fought for the right to try out for cheerleading (he had been in gymnastics) and they tried to stop him, saying it was for girls only. He fought for it, was permitted to try out, and made the squad!! Then he threw it back in their
faces. He didn't really WANT to be on the squad, he was just trying to prove a point. But it opened the door to allow male cheerleaders at the HS.

I'm so proud of my bro!

July 31st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
BBM8...my kids are always asked if they all have the same parents, we say yes. They do all have the same dad, but half of our kids are white, blue eyed, the whole nine yards. The other half are much darker skinned, haired etc..

The hubby and I have many races in us and it comes out in our kids. We probably look like the united nations when we are all together.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search