Church

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
our church offers sunday school for the kids till middle school age. then they go into jr church and the high school program. i love going to church --- its a huge part of my life. i stand with 'calledblessed'......well said.

~~terre~~
August 6th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Veteran
The church we attend has nursery up until the child is 3 or until potty trained, then a preschool class from 3-6 year olds and a childrens church until they are 12(sunday mornings, I won't list all the other days and times lol). My oldest goes to childrens church, my 5 year old is really shy so she goes to class after the music, my 3 year old is slowly getting used to going with her. The baby will either stay with me and hubby in church or I go to the nursery with her. I don't leave my babies in the nursery until they are old enough to defend themselves or have an older sibling with them. I've thought about not going because of how fake people are but we go to church to learn/grow in our faith and to worship God, not to make friends so I try to remember that. The main thing to remember is to follow the Bible, not the preachers.
August 7th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Veteran
To Babymakes8....Anybody who has done that is not christian and I agree not to go to a church like that...there are a lot of dead churches out there..I am just saying that I am sorry to say you are never going to find a church that does not have sin because we are sinful.Doesn't mean we have to stay with our sin but we will always mess up.I would not go to a church like that.....The good news is you may have found one that would be great!.............Again know that if anyone treats people who act like that is not of God ....You will know they are from God by their fruit.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The other thing I just read was about accepting your family...had that problem to..see I have 8 children and my husband left me when he found out I was pregnant with number 8.I have been a single mother to this family and the last thing I would need is for someone to treat me bad at my church due to the fact I have so many needs.The church I went to not only welcomed us in but has treated me as if I have the biggest blessings.God determines how many kids We have.not us we do not have that power.God chooses what we have.Everychild is a blessing and if a church don't see that run to the next....Also make sure when you pick a church it believes as you do.Very important.Best of Blessing for all of you God Bless.
Babymakes8 likes this.
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.

Last edited by CalledBlessed; August 7th, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
August 7th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say yet, that those ladies that mentioned that they want their kids to choose for themselves, that's me too, in a sense. Our kids are raised in a Christian home and it's my greatest desire as a parent for them to grow up to love the Lord. But they will ultimately have to choose that for themselves. They have the freedom to ask questions and to doubt, and if they choose differently I will disagree, but respect their choices .

I love going to church as well and feel very much that I have a church family. Yes I get disappointed and your feelings get hurt on occasion, it's people, but I've also received much love an support.
August 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I expect better behavior from people who know better. I'm not going to church if I can hang out on the corner and find the same attitudes and behaviors. Perhaps there is a "church home" somewhere out there for me, but "once bitten, twice shy."
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 7th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Veteran
Urbanmomma...I agree and I am sorry to say a lot of people who claim to know better don't.If they are claiming to be of God and act differently then they are not from him.I am sorry for anyone who has hurt you or your family.They are wrong on the other hand I hope that even if you don't consider church that you may consider the bible and feed off of that not people..God says he does not give as man does.He loves you and your family.I would take you as a person who isn't going to change her mind just because someone asked you to .....so I don't think you would act like the people who you ran into to be christian....if you act angry then its as if you are them..you are the same and I know you are not...right? So don't let bad people keep you from God .You are giving them what they want.There are a lot of dead churchs out there and I wouldn't step into one....but the bible is as true as it gets....I don't want anyone to miss out on that.I'm not going to let people like that send me to hell.They are on their own.God Bless.
mamato4andc likes this.
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.

Last edited by CalledBlessed; August 7th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
August 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
No one is keeping me from God, that can't be stopped, I am keeping me from church, I don't find them to be related. We believe in God, I teach my children about God, and some of them even go to church with my mother because they choose to. I don't stop them if they want to go.

Back to the original topic though, my mother says they sit very well and they stay with her through the service. She only takes 2, maybe 3, at a time. My 3 year old son LOVES church and talks about GOD all the time. Maybe he'll grow up to be a preacher, then maybe I'll go to church......
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 7th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I probably wouldn't go to church even if my kid was a pastor. Kinda like how DH refuses to go watch the kids play if they choose to play soccer because he thinks it's a boring useless waste of time lol
cybele likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would totally visit your kids church to hear him teach!
August 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti.Mom View Post
I probably wouldn't go to church even if my kid was a pastor. Kinda like how DH refuses to go watch the kids play if they choose to play soccer because he thinks it's a boring useless waste of time lol
Ahh that cracked me up.

If I end up going to hell, then so be it, but I don't think I am because I don't believe there is such thing as hell, or heaven, or eternal life, or God or holy spirits or whatever.
August 7th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Veteran
There is a hell .There is a heaven.There is a God.Jesus who died on the cross for your sins.He gave us the holy spirit and he loves you I do to and I am happy urban momma that you know God and I do hope he becomes a pastor.God Bless you all.You have been told

Last edited by CalledBlessed; August 7th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
August 7th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay then... good to know that I have been told.
lilymagic likes this.
August 8th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Has anyone read the shack very good read. I think that a lot of christian based beliefs are lopsided to me and they don't make a lot of sense. I don't believe that people who worship differently than others are evil and going to hell, I believe in a higher power and I believe that he/she is love and he/she loves us no matter what. We are their children no matter what. I don't stop loving one of my children because they make a mistake or act better than another, I love all of my children the same no matter what they believe, and I think that as a higher entity God/Goddess/Buddah/Allah will accept everyone into the after life because we are their children, right? We all walk on different paths and life and I don't believe that God/Goddess encourages judgement on others because of what they believe. I don't go to church because I haven't found one that gels with my style lol, I know what is going to help me grow spiritually better than someone else, I live my life they don't. I will help anyone no matter what their religious beliefs. I tell my kids about God, Goddess, Jesus and the Bible, Buddah, Zeus, Hera, etc, its a great big world out there with tons of ideas, I want them to know them all before the decide on what sings to their heart. I live my life believing that kindness is what matters. I go out of my way to make someone elses day better if only just to smile at them and say hello, i am a big believer in Karma and I try to put out as much kindness and happiness as I can.
lilymagic likes this.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 8th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I've kinda stayed away from this thread...it's gotten a little to religious for my liking...but I wanted to go ahead and through out my views.

If there is a god; great. If there isn't; fine.

I do not live my life based off of what may or may not happen in my afterlife. I live my life now, to me heaven and hell is what we make of our time on earth.

Our greatest gift isn't what we do to enter heaven, our greatest gift is what we leave behind. If I can't leave this earth having done at least one good thing..no matter how small or great, then what was my time on earth for? If that alone can not allow me into what ever lays beyond our death, then I am fine with that.

I believe every person is put on this earth for a reason. We may not understand it, we may not agree with it, but it is not my place to judge or look down on anyone. If there is a God, then he knows what he was doing when he created things that go beyond our comprehension. I can never see Him forsaking one of his children if the core of who the person is/was good.

Many, many years of private Christian school has not left me. Nor has the endless hours of religious college based classes (friend who I helped out a lot). However, I still see it differently.
Kristina likes this.
August 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the most important thing is to be respectful of one another.

There are thousands of belief systems, or non-belief systems all over the world, and not one single person has a proven, definitive answer on what life is. That doesn't make anyone else's beliefs less legitimate, however we need to be mindful that it is okay for others to believe differently and 'correcting' them when they state that they do believe differently is nothing short of offensive.

In my home, in regards to an afterlife, the general belief is that there isn't one. We are part of the circle of life, when we die our bodies are put into the earth and from there we allow new things to grow. If any one of my children choose to believe differently, then that is completely okay, Sunny questions beliefs and non-beliefs a fair bit, and I do think she believes in soul re-incarnation, which is beautiful and that is her belief and I respect it, even though I don't share it.
August 9th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Veteran
I too am a little hesitant to post. I have found recently that being religious is not always popular and sometimes brings judgement from others.
But, to answer the basic question, we do go to church most every week. During the main church/ sacrament service the kids sit with us. Although sometimes that mean we pace the halls with the twins. Our church is very understanding about LO's. Unless they are full on screaming no one is too worried about the noises they make but we try to be considerate of other people.
Then there are children's classes during sunday school and the kids enjoy those. Babies stay with their parents until 18 months.
August 14th, 2012, 08:16 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH is a pastor. We have children's church/nursery for 5 & under but our 4 1/2 year old sits with me in the service and our 3 year old also sits with me during the worship/song time at the beginning of the service. I usually put the 21 month old in the nursery because the two boys are plenty for me to handle on my own (since DH is up front leading things) Our service is an hour with 1/2 hour worship (prayer, singing) and 1/2 hour message. DH is pretty careful not to go long because he knows our kids will be getting hungry/tired etc and it won't be pretty

[

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search