Preschool & toddler baths?

Forum: Large Families

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This came up elsewhere. Just wondering how often your little(ish) kids are taking a bath or shower.

Mine are usually every other day. I make a big production out of it. They stay in there for 30 mins and play. I do quick ones but they prefer to play. Baths are a nice rainy day activity for me LOL!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

August 6th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bathe mine every day in the summer, and every other day in the winter. We have two bathrooms, and usually I do two kids per tub and get it all done at once. Mine like to play too. Sometimes my oldest takes a shower instead now.
August 6th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every other day here too. Becca and Bastian are the only ones who need to take a bath yet, the rest are fine in the shower.

August 6th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the summer...ALL THE TIME! I swear Izzy and Milly need 3 baths a day. They are the two messiest kids I've ever seen. Some it has to do with how dry it has been this summer. Everything is so dusty and it seems to be attracted to my kids.

I wouldn't mind going to every other night in the winter but I guess it will depend on how dirty the two girls get.
Cortney...mom to A, C, E, L, I, and R

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

August 6th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Kindof depends on the time of year. In the spring and fall they get so dirty we have to at least sponge bath every night before bed. In the winter they get dry skin if I bath them more than a couple times a week. In the summer they are swimming in the lake every day and sometimes more so I usually just bath them when I feel like their hair needs washing.
Angel '97 Aundrea '04 Alex '06 Ammon '08 Aleah '10 Ava '10 Adalyn '12
August 6th, 2012, 06:15 PM
My youngest I give a bath twice a day with the full lotion massage thinghe loves water.My toddlers They get a bath once a day.My older ones usually take one every other day.Same with me.Bath times are a favorite in our house for my baby everyone gets involves helping me get all the things I need.Laughing at him splash.Good times
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
August 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sasha has to have a bath every day, he is such a little grot. Even on days when he is inside all day he ends up with food, texta, unidentifiable dirt all over himself.
August 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
whenever they are dirty, seems to be about every 15 minutes, especially Kya the dirt magnet!
Jenifer....The Queen Bee
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 7th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The older ones bathe whenever they feel the need. The younger ones it just depends. It can be every other day or every few days. time of year also makes a difference.

The youngest (2) bathes/showers 4-5 times a day. If we won't do it she just hopes in and turns the water on, pulls the drain/pulls up the shower handles and get's to it. don't worry she only turns on the cold water. She just loves the water, we learned while potty training her that the reason she was pooping her pants was because she knew she would get a shower. We stopped doing that, she stopped pooping her pants and found another way to get what she wants.
August 9th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bath every morning or a shower if we are running late. Twice a day when camping.

Lucky mother to five!

August 9th, 2012, 08:48 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With the littles I shoot for every other day....sometimes I miss.
The older 2 shower daily, dd just does it herself, ds when I tell him to.
Teaching the 6yo to handle it on his own, but he doesn't know how to work the faucet yet or wash his own hair, but other than that he's fine. I turn the water on for him, he gets in and does his thing then either before or after I wash his hair in the kitchen sink.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search