What is your favorite easy meal to make.....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cnote
  • 1 Post By mom2many2010
  • 1 Post By wishing

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I figured since you all have large families you are pressed for time like I am and need to feed a lot of people. So what are your go-to meals when you are crunched for time?

Mine would probably be my crockpot chicken-lime tacos.

I either use a MrCormicks Baja Citrus seasoning packet or 2 (when it says mix with vinegar I use apple cider vinegar) and put it on top of frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot. Usually its about 5 hours on low till done depending on how thick your chicken breasts are. I usually buy thin ones in 10lb bags from Costco and use them for everything. Or I have used a combo of fresh squeezed lime and chili powder to make my own seasoning.

When its done I shred the chicken with forks and add a can or 2 of corn into it and let it sit for another 20 minutes. (if I did my own seasoning of chili powder and lime I also add some salsa into it).

Then I put out toppings (onions mixed with cilantro is my fave!!) cheese, sour cream, etc. And we scoop it onto shells. Barely any prep time for it and we all love it.

September 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The Cheesy broccoli chicken and stove top casserole with the recipe on the box.
prepared Stuffing
Cream of chicken soup
broccoli
Milk
chicken breast cut up
Sharp cheddar cheese
mom2more likes this.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

September 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chicken nuggets and french fries 5 our of 7 of the dc in my home eat it not only without complaint, but with enthusiasm. The other 2 are vegetarians.
September 2nd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm... I'd have to say KFC. lol j/k

I don't really have a favorite of any meal right now, I'm bored with the food we eat. I want to try your lime chicken thing now though. Sounds good, and the kids love any kind of 'tacos'.

September 2nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I love McCormick's seasonings. I'll have to try that one on chicken. another good one is their peppercorn one on a pork roast...if it's big enough we eat it as a roast one night and then as tacos the next.

I also don't have a favorite quick got to right now. Like Repti I'm a little bored with my cooking.
mom2more likes this.
September 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine is really simple its a pasta stir fry. I take a bunch of veggies that we have around and cook them up in the wok. Adding a little spice. I grill some chicken on our indoor grill and i cook up some gluten free pasta. Then mix it all into the wok add the sauce (start with a can but add a bunch of stuff) wok it up for a few minutes and serve. It takes about 15 minutes total. Uses up anything I have in the house. And its a hit with everyone.
mom2more likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search