If you had 2 kids......

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By therevslady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
just a hypothetical question......

My sister and I got on this topic the other day.

If you had 2 kids and then were infertile for whatever reason after those 2, would you go through any kinds of lengths to conceive again? (like fertility drugs, IVF) or would you come to terms with it (eventually).

Would you adopt?
September 6th, 2012, 07:15 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'd probably just be like okay, thats what I get. I never was the woman who really wanted a huge family, they just kept coming...lol Not sure if I'd adopt. maybe, maybe not.
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2012, 07:27 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most likely just be thankful for the 2 I had and then continue NTNP and see what happens. If the infertility was permanent, I would just come to terms......maybe adopt???? Would discuss with dh.
September 6th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'd probably adopt, it's something I have always thought about.
September 6th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have probably just accepted it, especially if we'd had one of each.

September 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just accept it. Because my husband was a horrible young adult it is going to take a lot of steps if we want to adopt any children. Adoption agencies don't want to deal with you if you have a felony... even when it's 20 years ago (in March)

September 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I would love to foster children. I probably still will one day when my own children are grown. But I would have just started sooner if I only had two bio children.
MamaJessie likes this.

September 6th, 2012, 12:07 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Really? no adopting if you have old felonies? I guess I should have known. My dh has a 16 year old felony and couldn't get hired at a job because of it, a silly job too.
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just accept it. I have never been a fan of invasive fertility treatments. I think adoption is a wonderful option for other people, but I dont want the hassle. See, I really like things to be easy, simple and preferably cheap. If a child was dropped in my lap, though, I would gladly take him in.
September 6th, 2012, 07:11 PM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Be thanful and adopt

September 7th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I would probably do foster care.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 7th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I'd go through any fertility treatments.

I'm not sure if we'd foster or adopt, but definetly one of those. lol, we have 5 and still managed to reel another one in
September 7th, 2012, 07:42 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't do fertility treatments. We would likely adopt as many kids as we could afford.

[
September 7th, 2012, 07:52 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually have been there. I had one child. My hubby had 2 from his first wife. We wanted more. We tried for 3 years and couldn't. We decided to go the fertility meds route. It was really important to me to have another child. I wanted to go through the pregnancy and childbirth experience again And I wanted a child who was biologically a part of me and my husband.

September 7th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Veteran
I would adopt for sure. We have 4 and are in the process of adopting so we just would've gone for it sooner. We've actually been in the process( raising money) since before we got pregnant with #4.
September 9th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I kinda faced this already but was considered infertile. I have done fertility treatments for all my children including IVF and FET. I probably wouldn't do those again because I have a houseful but I did after my second child I went back for FET.

The desire for a child doesn't stop because there is an issue getting pregnant at least not for me.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
September 11th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Super Mommy
After 9yrs of trying I am finally pregnant with #2, this is pregnancy 13 and I have 1daughter, DH has one son and our third is neither of ours, he is my DSS's brother, same mom dif. dad. And we have basically had full custody of him since he was 4months old..so basically adopted. And now we are having one of our own.
If I can and it doesnt take 9more years I would LOVE another...but if not we will def. adopt!!

September 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We would probably adopt. We've always been open to adoption anyway and have seriously thought about it several times. I can't see myself doing IVF or any of that stuff. I've seen what friends have gone through, and with two bio kids I just don't think I would. Maybe I would do Clomid or something, but even that can have some crazy side effects.
September 17th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We actually were in the process of adoption when we had 4 kids. We had our homestudy done and were getting paperwork ready to go overseas. But than I found out I was pg with number 5, we put it on hold. One day we hope to complete the process, but with the amount of paperwork and stuff required, I don't know if we'd have the time to do it. And than there's the $30,000 part.

September 18th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I want to foster when the kids are grown so I would probably already be fostering..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search