where you live...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What do you like about where you live in the world?

Would you move if you were given the oppertunity?
September 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hmmm....its okay. Its where my family is. Four seasons, not too hot or cold (most of the time).

Probably wouldn't move.
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I love that the kids can run around and scream and there are no neighbors to tell them they are to loud. I love that nature sits out our backdoor, and that we can have animals.

I can't foresee me ever moving.
September 6th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once you live in Sheboygan you never leave permanently. lol

I don't mind it here too much. Rob would never let us move, he says I would get too homesick.

September 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like that we are close to everything. Few hours from New York, 1/2 hour from Philly, and three hours from DC. We are close to so much but it's very built up around here. I wish I lived somewhere more rural.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I love where I live it is a great place to raise kiddos. This is a state that really values children and puts money into them. It is very scenic and beautiful tourists flock here in pretty much every season, sometimes I take it for granted how beautiful it really is. I love the seasons and changes. Museums and theatres are pretty close; around an hour; if you want to go, I just wish the ocean wasn't so far away.

I don't see us ever moving, I would love to tour the u.s in a camper though.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 7th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Veteran
If we had the opportunity to move, we'd be gone!
We live in the desert in Southern California which is 105+ in the summer and has reached 123 since i've lived here (8 years). It's hot AT LEAST April to November.

The good thing is not many people can tolerate this heat so it's a pretty calm place in regards to violence. Also, we don't have to worry about shoveling snow! LOL
September 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Canada so i wouldn't ever move permanently. I would like to move to a place with a bit more space and privacy as my kids are very loud and we have a lot of trouble with our neighbours.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
September 11th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Super Mommy
i love where we live, i would if i had the chance, just move to more land and a bit bigger place...but thats it.

September 12th, 2012, 01:50 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I love where we live. I love the warm climate and I love my city. My husband and I often talk about retiring to a rural town in England. I doubt we would ever do it unless we could afford plane tickets to see our family often. Neither of us have ever lived away from our families and we are so used to having lots of our people close by.

I do know that I never want to live in a very cold place. I absolutely HATE the cold. And I like snow for short spurts, but would HATE to live somewhere where there was snow on the ground for long periods of time. I lived in Russia for a year and never want to see snow again! Lol.

September 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We live just outside of DC and I dislike it. Now some people live "just outside of DC" in super nice comfortable subarbs. That's not really us...we're on the other side, lol.

What do I like? Well all the historical sights I suppose. I do enjoy taking the kids to the Smithsonian and all the monuments.

I would definitely move, and we will get a chance in a couple of years. That's the nice thing about being a military family...we come and then we go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search