after a few children do you still?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you find that you worry even when you have already had a few children?

Its been 3 years since I brought a baby home, it will be almost 4 to the day when this baby is born and I find that I am nervous. I even made DH take a refresher course with me (although it was more for him since he is my second husband and never had a baby under 1 in the house before).

I mentioned to a friend that we took the course and I was feeling a little nervous about the new baby, they laughted and said I have done this so many times it was foolish to think it would be any bother to bring a baby home.

To me though products change, medical info is always changing, and given that my last little one passed away when he was 2 months it make me extra nervous....plus to me all children are different, none of my children offered me the same baby experience.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
September 28th, 2012, 11:28 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I understand your point of view having a baby that passed away. I think if I had the same situation I may feel the same way.
#12 is on the way
September 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Veteran
I feel exactly the same way and it got worse after my sister lost her 4th to SIDS at 6 weeks old.

That was was 14 yrs ago her birthday is coming up. I think when we go through a experience like this it changes our reality and our reality is we can never be be to prepared.
Irene Mom to 9 and ttcing #10
Married to my best friend 23 yrs!
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

DS 22(Mar12) DD 20(Jan3) DD 18(July6) DD 11(Oct18) DS 10(May18) DD 8(Jan9)
DS 7(Sept27) DS 5(Sept20) DD 2(June2)
TTCing #10 with unexplained infertility and 1 tube.

My Ovulation Chart
September 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your feelings are completely natural. I'm sure that everything will be OK and it's going to be amazing to have another little tiny baby to cuddle!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
September 28th, 2012, 05:45 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my first 2 without much thought, then had a MC and my reality changed. It became, well when I see the heartbeat on the US everything will be ok. With my 4th I did one of those genetic tests and it came back high for spina bifida further testing including an amnio. showed that he was ok, but again my reality changed. Then with my 6th at 8 weeks pregnant, the US showed 2 beautiful heartbeats with 2 perfectly growing babies.....My US at week 21 showed 1 baby and that the other had "vanished". So now I would not trust anything in pregnancy until I am holding baby (ies) in my arm and even then.....
I know I am so incredibly blessed and I am just grateful for what I have....
September 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
For me...no.

I am just one of those people who doesn't really dwell on things. What's going to happen: will. What's going to be: is what it is.

My husband is the worrier, he worries enough for 10 people, maybe that's why I am the way I am. Of course my childhood was really rough so I had to learn to just let things slide.

My oldest has sever learning disabilities and is Bi-polar. My 6th has one kidney and the other is a cystic mass. My 7th was thought to have Downs, we did no testing beyond the Hi-def ultrasound. Never once did I worry about whether or not the newest would have issue's. I will admit to watching my other kids a little closer for mental illness since it does run in families, but that is usually on rare occasions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search