Those with 7 or more kids....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Veteran
How do you travel?

We have a 8 passenger mini van or small van and a 15 passenger large van or big van as we call it.

Plus a 4x4 truck that I am restoring and it seats JUST 3 and that the way I want it LOL

When my oldest kids are home we usually just pile into one of their cars and the small van if it just a quick trip.

We use the 15 pass when we need to all go to town/church/holidays ect. For the most part the small van suits us just fine.
Irene Mom to 9 and ttcing #10
Married to my best friend 23 yrs!
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

DS 22(Mar12) DD 20(Jan3) DD 18(July6) DD 11(Oct18) DS 10(May18) DD 8(Jan9)
DS 7(Sept27) DS 5(Sept20) DD 2(June2)
TTCing #10 with unexplained infertility and 1 tube.

My Ovulation Chart
September 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
15 passenger van because we can't afford more than one vehicle.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
September 30th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We had a van until a few years ago. Now, because my older kids drive and have their own cars we tend to just take multiple vehicles. We are currently restoring my 1979 Chevy, which will hold 7 comfortable..8 if we pack it. It's a big sucker and get's about 12 MPG lol. It would only be used when needed.
September 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Veteran
My truck I am restoring is 1979 Ford F150 with factory lift kit. I am having a checker plate custom flat deck built with led strip lighting. Then a dual exhaust with stacks making it look like a mini semi tractor with the blocky square front end.I am keeping interior as original as possible with crank windows and push button handles. It gets about 12 MPG as well LOL!!
Sorry.. I love trucks

The 15 pass van is older and get poor gas mileage that part sucks but what can you do.
Are you talking about a suburban? My sister has one of those

We did the car thing when my older kids lived at home but ds live 2 hours away and recently married dd moved6 hours away. My 18 yr dd does not want to to drive or get her licence scares the tar out of her!
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by 10thtimearound; September 30th, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
September 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
When I say restoring I just mean getting the darn thing running. We parked it about 8-9 years ago, for some reason or another. None of us can really remember why it was parked outside of it was to **** expensive to drive. A little over a month ago, we thought about it, put tires on it and pulled it out of where it was parked. We replaced hoses, the battery and a few other things cause we had been pulling parts off of it for my husbands current truck and ****** if the **** thing didn't start right up. Now we are just replacing things that we are seeing wear and tear on. We can drive it, but want to get it in the best shape possible before we do.
October 1st, 2012, 12:26 AM
Veteran
That is great it started no prob! It sounds like your hubby knows his way around a vehicle. Mine not so much LOL

We got our big van used It had been used for a old age home and when we got it we had to remove window decals and body decals saying.......Gentle Water Senior Centre ... The kids were horrified!!!! haha

Dh Said we should put new decals on it saying Raging Waters delinquent Centre!! Now that really Horrified the kids!!!

I tell you those decals are hard to remove off the body!

We had to replace the battery last week. The most important thing is that it runs even if it sucks the gas back.
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

My Ovulation Chart
October 1st, 2012, 08:44 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The hubby does know his way away around a vehicle, however it is my son and myself who do all of the work. lol

Our van was called...'the mormon mobile' or 'the shaggin waggin' by all of their friends. they were sad to see it go lol
October 1st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Veteran
We don't have 7 kids (yet) but since we keep getting pregnant, and all our kids are still in carseats, we needed something with alot of room. We bought a Ford Econoline in April and it's a 12 passenger.
October 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
12 passenger Chevy Express for our main vehicle. We also have a pick up to haul bikes and for trips where all the kids aren't coming. DH drives a motorcycle to work.

October 2nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
we have 7 and a Ford 15 passenger, we pulled the first seat out instead of the back one, and we love it like that!!
We also have a Mazda MpV, that seats 7, and we use that for around town, while hubby is working (he rides his bike to work), and my oldest works, so he sometimes takes the little van.
October 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have 15 passenger 'sized' van but it actually only seats 11 at most. It's all captains chairs which is amazing for traveling from the front to the back easily. Our van is call "IceBerg", it's huge and white. Even strangers address it as IceBerg, we all get a kick out of it!

We have a mini van that I usually use for just the kids and myself.

Dh has a little 'grocery getter' as he calls it. An old Plymouth Breeze, I think. He got it to save on gas.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

October 3rd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I drive a 15 passenger dodge ram van. It was a karate van seriously it still has 2 karate men decals on the hood lol. I have peeled off most of the other stickers but those ones are burnt on there. I still get questions asking if I have karate business.
I took the first seat out to but we will be putting it back in before this babe is born, we would still have enough room but I like the kiddos to be able to spread out a little they don't fight so much that way.

We did have a 7 passenger minivan that died in June that I took if I needed to make my grocery shopping trips and if I was only picking up 3 kiddos from school. Dh has a dodge ram truck that seats 6.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search