After school sports/jazz band

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Veteran
it is that time again!

So far Just 2 in volley ball. 1 in jazz band.

What do your kids do? How do you manage it all?
Irene Mom to 9 and ttcing #10
Married to my best friend 23 yrs!
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

DS 22(Mar12) DD 20(Jan3) DD 18(July6) DD 11(Oct18) DS 10(May18) DD 8(Jan9)
DS 7(Sept27) DS 5(Sept20) DD 2(June2)
TTCing #10 with unexplained infertility and 1 tube.

My Ovulation Chart
October 2nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now, just 1 in volleyball and 1 in football.
In the summer, we'll have 4 in baseball.

Unless things change for the better financially we will only we doing one time fee sports. No more dance or cheer lessons. It makes me so sad but it saves money and gas.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

October 2nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, Noah was going to do flag football but he ruined that!

The three oldest did swimming year before last and Noah did wrestling. He quit wrestling because of his 'mystery cough'. He said he couldn't breathe and it scared DH so he didn't come down hard on him at all. Noah also was told he'd have to repeat the level in swimming because his lungs weren't strong enough. This is after the doc couldn't find anything wrong with his lungs for YEARS. We've tried every kind of inhaler and treatment you can think too. He's just not cut out for sports I guess.

The older 5 all do Awana on Weds. They weren't going to go this year because the neighbor that takes them didn't have room for Becca so it wasn't fair, but they take 2 vehicles now to fit everyone lol. I wouldn't take them because I'm not one for religion and I don't have gas to be running to the other side of town 2x weekly extra.

October 2nd, 2012, 08:14 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I have one in volleyball and 1 in cross country. I had one that wanted to do soccer, but since she's not old enough for the school team, that didn't happen because the town rec department didn't have enough kids sign up. Go figure -- the one year we actually signed up on time. Fall seems to be the busiest for us.

In the spring, I have one that plays softball. The last 2 years, we have had 2, but I think we're just down to the one now.

I have told them that their limit is one sport per person per season. If they don't want to do one a particular season, I'm fine with that.

New picture in progress......
October 2nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far just 1 cheerleader and one in cub scouts. It will be interesting as the next 3 get older and start joining things...busy,busy,busy.
October 2nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have two in soccer and three in awanas. My girls want to start back up with their dance lessons, but I am having them wait until soccer season wraps up.

Since we homeschool I also have my kids in swim lessons, an art class, and a PE class. Those are during the day though, so they don't add to the evening rush.
October 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
For fall I have 4dds in soccer 1 in cross country(ds decided it wasn't for him) dd#4 and dd#1 have play practice (different times and different plays) DD#1 has 3 musical group practices to go to (year round). DD#2 has 2 musical group practices (year round) DD#3 and 4 have girl scouts(year round). DD#2 has yearbook (all year). Dd#2 and ds#1 also both have their hunting licenses this year, dd#2 also has her bowhunting license. So they will both be hunting on the weekends during the hunting season.

Winter is basketball, dance and skiing/snowboarding and iceskating.

Spring is more basketball for dd#2 and a play. And baseball/t-ball for the littles. DD#1 will be doing track and field and another play.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 2nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ You are one busy mom, Kristina!!

I forgot #1 is in choir. Practices don't start until after volleyball though.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

October 2nd, 2012, 05:25 PM
Veteran
very interesting how we do some the opposite here

Spring is soccer,softball,baseball,golf

Fall is volleyball,basketball. ,Sking Down hill is in Jan. have 3 kids in 2 diff clubs We also have curling that only 1 child does.

We don't have football/wrestling/cheerleading here they are not popular at all.

We have 6 kids in private music lessons. 1 does Flute, 1 does guitar, 3 do drums ,1 in Piano and my oldest does DD Violin and getting ready for her 2nd yr college for a teaching music degree. My oldest DS also did drums for many yrs.

They girls do dance off and on.

They don't swim on a team but they swim daily in the summer being we live on waterfront and work towords life guard tickets.
Irene Mom to 9 and ttcing #10
Married to my best friend 23 yrs!
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

DS 22(Mar12) DD 20(Jan3) DD 18(July6) DD 11(Oct18) DS 10(May18) DD 8(Jan9)
DS 7(Sept27) DS 5(Sept20) DD 2(June2)
TTCing #10 with unexplained infertility and 1 tube.

My Ovulation Chart
October 2nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Well, since one has decided he is grown, I will only have to worry about the second oldest in basketball this fall. So far none of the others have shown any interest.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
October 5th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This week I knew for sure why I held off on sports for so long. What we have just done up until nowis that we ski in the winter on saturdays (we have a hill nearby) and we have our horses in the spring and summer and we do gymkhana, so all 5 kids do that at the same time: perfect.

My life has changed though, my oldest dd is on a volleyball team and so are #2 and #3, they're on the same team, but they joined a school half an hour away so all practises and games are out of town.
4 are in music lessons, 2 younger ones in junior choir and the older 2 have categism, same night, different times back to back. #4 is in school soccer but that's almost done.

Tuesday is our crazy day, everyone has music lessons, volleyball and categism. And oldest has a game. So there's 8 things. Like I said, now I know why I held off for so long. On the other hand, it's good for them to play team sports as well and I like it much better than my nephew that just plays video games. I did tell oldest dd that she can pick one other sport (there's basketball, rugby, soccer and track and field) but not all of them.

The only thing that's actually expensive in that list is the music lessons, but their teacher is fantastic and they play in church. There's initial investment in the skiing, the season pass is $400 and we usually pay a few hundred dollars on gear (we buy it used and pass it along) but we end up skiing at least 10 times mininum, so that would make our ski pass $6 per person per day.
October 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Our skiing is a great deal it is $80 per kid and that includes wednesday halfday school has a halfday all through ski season,(jan-midmarch) lesson and free ski and then they can ski on sundays for free. That also includes a ride there and back on wednesdays.

We are busy but this year it is not soo crazy because Alorah and Nathalia are on the same soccer team and they practice at the same time that Malayna does. They also are not on the travel teams until 4th grade.
School sports they are bussed to and from games so no need for me to do anything there except pick them up when it is over lol.
The music group things are in the morning before school so dh takes them on his way to work. I just need to go to the performances. Nessa's play practice is the biggest pita because it is tues and thurs from 7-9.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 7th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oldest DD is in band and cross country.

Oldest son is joining band.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search