about family pictures

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you get them done?

I just realized that I don't even remember when we got pictures done. Last summer when my sister got married I had the photographer take a family picture for on our wall, and oh wait, I now remember that I had a bunch done 3.5 years ago at my parents' 40th anniversary (while they had a photographer and we were dressed up, and it was free ).

Do you plan what people wear or do you just grab something out of the closet?
October 8th, 2012, 08:17 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I did the pics last before Canaan was born. Kya was about 1. I plan what everyone is wearing. I pick a color and if it will be dress or casual (which it is 95% of the time), the older kids pick what they want to wear that will fit in with that.

I never, never, ever, ever, ever, never, never get in the pic, it is one way to instantly ruin a good pic.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
October 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Um, you make me crazy. Read this: Allison Tate: The Mom Stays in the Picture

Seriously! Get in the picture with all those kids!
October 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
we took them when the twins were little -- its really hard to get everyone to cooperate at the same time. i do usually try to choose coordinating colors --once it was plaid sport shirts for the guys and solid color tops on the girls and another time it was all polo shirts in a range of colors. at this point, with my dh, my 4 kids and their three spouses, his two daughters and one spouse and 8 out of 9 grandkids, it would be way difficult. but i am sure we will try it again one of these days.

~~terre~~
October 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish we all lived close to one another! I'd do family pics for free. I need some practice!!

I had ours done the summer before last. We were going to start doing them once a year but (unless I do them myself and I don't have the equipment I need for that yet) it looks like it's going to be longer than that.

I tried to plan what we wore based on what most of us already had. I didn't want to spend alot on clothes AND pics. Next time I'll put more thought into how we dress.
October 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I haven't had them professionally done since Alorah was a baby lol. I usually get a halloween picture of everyone together, a christmas one (usually taken just before the elementary school christmas concert) so everyone is all dressed festive that is usually just the kiddos and then a summer one, this year that was everyone but me.

Forgot to say I try to get one of all the kiddos right after we add to the family

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by Kristina; October 8th, 2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: forgot another photo op
October 8th, 2012, 11:37 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
yeah, FW, I read it, I get it. I'll take one pic.......

then bury it in a drawer, way in the back, under some stuff.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
October 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do prof. pics. at 3&6 months then at 1,2,3,4,5 if they aren't in school yet. Once they start school I just get the school pics. When we go I try to get a few of all of the dc and a few with all of us. Once they are all in school I'll have to come up with a new plan. I do coordinate everyone too. I usually pick one color for the boys and one for the girls.
October 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last pictures we got taken was when Sebastian was about 1, so 2 years ago. I did purchase the kids school pictures last year at the end of the year, for the 4 older ones. We will probably look for someone to take pictures when we get taxes.

I like to have them all have a similar color in the photo, like last time all of them had some red plaid in their clothing somewhere.

October 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I take a lot of pics of the kids. I always get professional photos after new baby comes home, and at Christmas, sometimes other times as well.

It is getting harder to find inexpensive places that will do all the kids, Wal-mart, Loblaws, and sears have max amount of people.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
October 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take my dc to jcpenney. they have portrait sheets for $4 each. plus you can buy a portrait cd that has all you ordered and more, with printing rights.
October 9th, 2012, 05:36 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
Um, you make me crazy. Read this: Allison Tate: The Mom Stays in the Picture

Seriously! Get in the picture with all those kids!
Thanks! I needed that little tear jerker this morning.

I think it's so easy to forget to take our own pictures, partly because we're often the ones holding the camera.

New picture in progress......
October 9th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been getting in the pictures lately, last year we had to make a poster for school about our family and I wanted pictures of everyone on their horse. I had like 30 (or more) to choose from for everyone else, and after looking for a long time I found 2 of me.

Thats IT, I'm getting pictures done. I believe we're going to wear white shirts and each a scarf in a different color.
October 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Veteran
We do pics on mothers day of me with the kids and fathers day with hubby and the kids. With 4 kids though it gets hard to get them all to be in a good mood lol. We took one last year on Christmas when the baby was 6 weeks. We don't do them professionally because hubby can do a good enough job.
October 9th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this year I've got a friend photog who's been coming to the house every 3 months, and she doesn't cost me too terribly much, cheaper than me buying the disk from Sears anyhow
I buy the kids matching outfits and then dh and I coordinate based off them, usually something neutral-ish

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search