Spin off Hand Me Downs thread....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2many2010
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you get more handmedown clothing for certain kids over others?!

I almost never get any handmedowns for my oldest DD, but just this week I was given 2 large plastic totes of clothes and shoes for my boys. I also get handmedowns for Squeakers.

I wish I got more for my oldest, but at least this way I only have one kid I REALLY have to worry about buying for LOL

October 20th, 2012, 07:06 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I don't really get any hand-me-downs for my girls. My three oldest are among the oldest, and one of my nieces is the same age as Kirsten so there's not much to get. Katie was the first kid after 6 years between her and my next youngest niece so there wasn't much to hand down to her. This poor kid, though, if it's another girl, will end up will all of Katie's stuff. I used Jasmine's stuff for my 2nd and 3rd, too, but now she can't share much with them because she's stick thin.

October 20th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get tons of stuff for my younger boys. I have several friends who have lots of boys and they pass almost everything on to our family. The girls get a few things but not nearly as much as the boys.
October 21st, 2012, 06:26 AM
marlz_04's Avatar Member
I got hand me downs from a neighbour when I had my first dd.. they where always good brands like new so i loved them.. Now never...
October 21st, 2012, 06:29 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Not so much for my kids, they were either much younger then the other kids or the older of the next set. I give away a lot more then I get. the only exception has been in the last 2 years, my best friends son is 1-2 sizes bigger then Cole and her boy is in a growing spurt so we get all of his like new jeans. That's nice cause Cole is hard on Jeans.
Babymakes8 likes this.
October 21st, 2012, 06:52 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I get hand me downs for all the kids. People are forever giving us, clothes, toys, food, housewares, blankets, etc.....

I get so much stuff I am a regular at the thrift stores dropping off what we can't use. Or I post it for free on CL.
Babymakes8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
October 21st, 2012, 09:58 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't usually get much. All my friends have kids the same age as mine.
October 22nd, 2012, 04:50 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I get tons for my 3 lil girls, Alorah, Nathalia and Malayna. One of Xandrias friends has a sister who is 2 years older than Alorah and their family gives us soooo much, the grandmother is a shopaholic so we get clothes with tags still on them all the time, and the same shirt in 5 different colors. I also have a cousin who I haven't seen in like 3 years but she saves all her son's clothes for me he is 14 and Thayer is nice and styling from those clothes (american eagle, hurley, puma etc). She gives the clothes to her mom who gets them to my mom who gets them to me. For Janessa I have my sister (22) giving her clothes and a cousin on dhs side who passes all her clothes over (hollister etc)
For the lil boys my sister hit the jackpot going into a thrift store this summer a woman was unloading 3 contractor size garbage bags and offered them to my sister because she didnt want to walk up the stairs to drop them off, they were lil boys clothes size 12 months up to 3t, bingo Another family has a lil boy who just outgrew his 3t/4t and they gave me 3 garbage bags of those sizes. So until 5/6 for boys I'm set. With this new munchkin my niece is 15 months so all of her clothes I am getting.

We are really lucky, I hardly ever have to buy clothes, just underwear and socks.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

October 23rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We get some, but our familys are so small on both sides, there really is none from them. My brother has no kids and my SIL sells hers.
But somehow we don't buy many clothes. I do a lot of garage sales in thesummer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search