What am I meant to do?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 08:58 AM
marlz_04's Avatar Member
My Nephews come to stay hey and there but their clothes really bug me.
When the youngest way 14months on my SIL had him in 000 new born pants and singlets.. She would send them here in the bag they packed. The 4 year old would be in size 1yr-2yr clothes some wouls be 4yrs. But alot of the time the clothes will have old mould on them.. or she would pack nothing for them bar shorts and a shirt.. no pjs, shoes or nothing.

It really annoys me becaus ethe clothes start to cut in on them. Most of the time i have to pull out the new larger size clothing ive bought for my own son for them to wear. I have said to them the clothes where to small and me and dh have bought the kids so many clothes..

I just dont get it because i make sure my kids always have the right size clothing, no stains, they wear pjs at night..

even though my sil is awesome, her house is always clean, the boys have always got food.. she just lacks in dressing them..

I turn up to their place some days and the kids are in a dirt t-shirt and a nappy or just shorts. and is freezing.

What am I meant to do.. I have tried talk, buying.. but still not alot changes and it just makes me sad and angry.
October 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's too bad...

At first I thought maybe it was for your benefit because you were providing them with new things but if it's like that all the time then something is going to need to be done. I don't think schools will put up with it.
October 21st, 2012, 10:59 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Or maybe that is just her area she is weak in. My kids clothes fit (but usually do have holes or stains from use!), they eat well, but my house is a mess. You said ou talked to her, and I really think that is all you can do. Maybe offer to come help sort twice a year. I know I would clean a lot better if you came over to help me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search