Rude!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By mom2many2010
  • 2 Post By sarahlorrain
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By wishing
  • 1 Post By nycmommyto8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Veteran
So yesterday hubbys friend invited us over for dinner. As we're talking hubbys friends wife says to me, "So, you're not having anymore kids right?" Annoyed I say, "Probably." She says, "Probably yes or probably no?" I said probably yes because we know we're adopting a little girl as soon as we can. She says, " Why would you want so many?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?WHO SAYS THAT? So I couldn't help it and with a bit of an attitude I ask her why not. She gave me a dirty look and shrugged.
So anyways would you guys still go to someone like thats house if your kids got along with theirs? We don't get invited very many places because we have a family of 6 already and the kids love playing with their daughter.
November 17th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes. So you disagree. So she doesn't think the same way on the subject. The kids get along, the husbands get along. Just be gracious, educate her. Show her why you love your kids. If she were nasty to you, rude to the kids, I might say differently. But she just doesn't get it. That's ok.
November 17th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I agree with FW.

I've been asked that question many times, and I don't find it rude. I think it usually comes from curiosity. I mean I see families with one or two kids and wonder why so few? I don't ask cause I realize they are more of the 'norm' though. My go to answer is usually "because I have always wanted a large family, and I love the craziness it involves".
November 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it is rude, but I think it's a good opportunity for you to be a great example of being a great mom to a large family. Sounds like she's stressed out and maybe that's why she can't understand why anyone would want more kids ie. more stress.
therevslady and BeachMum like this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
November 19th, 2012, 11:35 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I, apparently, am a different breed, because no, I wouldn't still go over there, or allow my children to play with her daughter, or educate her, or be the bigger person, etc, etc. My life is already busy with very, very little free time and I choose NOT to spend my time with negative, not so nice people.

More than likely the visit would have ended right then and there. I wouldn't put up with that from family let alone a random person. However, I am not very nice. While there are some things I can agree to disagree about, the make-up of my family is not one of them.
Indymommy7 likes this.
#12 is on the way
November 20th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get questions like that alot. If I stopped talking to everyone who seems to have an opinion about my family I wouldn't talk to anyone...lol.
Rebelmommy likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
November 23rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
There is a difference between someone in the street who has an opinion and someone who is supposed to be a friend. I couldn't care less about random people, they don't even rate in my book.
#12 is on the way
November 25th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I have been asked that a lot, I don't think most people tend to be rude, they just don't think before they speak... I'm also very used to the look of shock people get when they find out I have 8 children.
Farmers-wife likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search