Please tell me....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that you're nowhere near ready for Christmas. It's not like there's not time but I've come across 3 people that have their Christmas cards ready to mail out. I haven't even thought about taking a picture yet. They have all their gifts bought and all that, other than the baking (which I mostly skip anyways) they're ready.

I can't seem to make up my mind about Christmas gifts this year. I usually have some sort of plan for everyone, but I got nothing. The only plan I really have is to go on a big shopping trip AFTER Christmas, because everyone needs clothes and pyjama's and whatnot.
November 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the lists of what the kids want, but haven't decided on everything we want to get. I've bought a few things for David. I am behind where I usually am this time of year. But I'm going to start shopping heavy this week. I do most of our Christmas shopping online. We will put up decorations this weekend.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
November 19th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a little bit done, but not a lot. I need to survive Thanksgiving first.

November 19th, 2012, 11:28 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I have not done a single bit of shopping. Our decorations, however, except the tree, have been up for over 2 weeks. I have no clue what we're buying for Christmas, or even when we're buying it. I'm still working on where the money is going to come from. My husband will have a good-sized check in December for one of his part-time jobs, but we might not have it until close to the 20th.

November 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't send Christmas cards. If we take a picture it is for me. I don't decorate much or do it before the weekend before Christmas.
I have some things in layaway for the lil kids. I'm not too excited about Christmas.
#12 is on the way
November 19th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will do xmas cards if another free offer comes about. Missed it once due to stupid dead camera

I have a list of some of the things I am getting the kids, and sent lists to both sets of gma/gpa.

Friday I am ordering the stuff from Amazon that I can't get in stores, and getting the stuff to make my special gift to my secret person Also have to get st. Nick stuff. We're probably the only ones who do St Nick. Next payday I have to buy the rest of Becca's b-day stuff, and maybe order a little more stuff from Amazon. THEN on the 21st we only have like 300 in bills to pay so that I can finish xmas shopping. I am only getting 3 things for each kid, and am signed up for the salvation army xmas castle so they'll probably each get about 5 things. that's PLENTY.

November 19th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I have some stuff, but what I do depends on what I can get on Black Friday and how much I do is depending on that also. I got the 2 younger ones Innotab tablets and I am trying to get the 2 older ones (of the younger set) Nook tablets. Walmart has them on sale that day, otherwise I may need to go a different brand. Hopefully come Thursday/Friday I will be 90% done. Stocking stuff will be Done with the paychech on Dec 22nd, plus anything else.

Decorating will happen either Friday or Saturday, I haven't decided on our fake tree which is getting really sad or a real tree yet.

I don't do cards, well sometimes I do them, but they never get mailed lol
November 19th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Repti, when we lived in WI, that's the only time I had ever heard of St. Nick's Day, or whatever you guys call it. Everyone kept asking us what we were getting our girls, and we had no idea what they were talking about!
Repti.Mom likes this.

November 19th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Veteran
We are almost done.

I rarely go out without hubby so when I do, I buy him things for Christmas. I've had some of his gifts since the begining of the year. I'm done for him.

We got most of the kids presents ordered. A few things we couldn't order online so we have to go soon to get them.

We still have to shop for 2 nephews and a niece and one gift exchange gift.

Oh no I forgot we still need stuff for the baby.
November 20th, 2012, 05:35 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
We made a list and emailed it out to the grandparents. That's about it. I also have some projects in mind to do for Advent this year. We'll start decorating this weekend probably, but even that is a bit daunting because my house hasn't been clean in weeks with the stomach flu making it's rounds twice in a row.

November 20th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Um no not even close yet, I have general ideas on what to get the lil boys, the plan is to make them a work bench and lock box type wall thing(also some power ranger figures and monster trucks), I think we are making the lil girls a dress up rack so that they can hang their dress up clothes and right now they have a dress up trunk which is cumbersome and takes up too much space. Also Nathalia and Malayna will get some sort of doll, Nathalia wants one that looks like a real baby. I am stuck on Alorah she is right in the middle of big girl and lil girl, so debating, debating, she will be getting a pair of snowboarding boots and goggles. Janessa will be getting her very own guitar and case. Probably used so that we can get better quality for the price. Thayer will probably get ds games, and a new pair of sneakers. Not quite sure on Xandria yet, she wants camo clothes for hunting. I already have the nieces and nephew done, they are getting books that my mil got free somewhere lol, hey whatever works right. We also do a gift exchange with my family $30-$40 limit we draw names for adults.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

November 20th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Repti, what do you do for St. Nick and when?

Kristina, I have one that's not big and not little, they're tricky. It used to be so easy when you could just all get them toys.

I usually can't wait to set up my tree and break out the decorations, but I think I might be getting there soon.
November 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I think St. Nick's is possibly December 6th. Something about small gifts and shoes, I think....

November 20th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A St Nicholas Day Tradition - and the legend of the Christmas Pickle

We have stockings, and I do PJ's, candy and small gifts. Probably will get each of them coloring books and crayons this year and a little lego set each. Not sure if they make mini duplo sets though for Bastian. Weston will get his 1st xmas ornament.

So we do this on the 6th, then Becca's b-day is the 10th, then xmas eve with grandma, xmas with us on xmas day, and then later in the evening Grandpa comes. By the time it's all done with Becca thinks she wakes up every day to more gifts

November 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's kind of what I figured it was. I grew up in Holland, so we always had Sinterklaas on December 5th. We put our shoe by the stove the night before, and opened gifts at night. My mom gave us a chocolate letter for years

That's why I don't feel like I am traumatizing my kids by not opening gifts on Christmas morning, it's not anything I've ever done.

I ordered my first Christmas gift!
November 20th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's coming up?
mom2many2010 likes this.
November 20th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am finished. However my reason is that if I go into Labour or hospital the other kids still get a Christmas.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
November 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
not only not even close, but i have no wish to even decorate this year. do you blame me? i have a few gifts bought....the twins turn 3 on friday so i have to deal with that first before i can think christmas.

~~terre~~
November 21st, 2012, 04:49 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
My church also celebrates the Feast of Saint Nicholas on December 6th. We have service at our Parish and have a large meal with friends. One of our member's husbands looks like Santa Clause, and he dresses up for the kids. He also wears a red shirt and suspenders on Christmas eve mass. My daughter stares at him all through mass, waiting to see what he'll do. It's kind of funny, because he's the kind of guy who only comes on high mass days (Christmas, Easter, that kind of thing), so my daughter is not used to seeing him very much. It cracks me up.

November 22nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol, that is funny. The other day my brother told his son that the greeter at Wallmart was Santa's brother (he had a big beard), and the greeter totally went with it.

Terre, I have the same thing here with 3 november birthdays, I just bought #4's gift yesterday. She really wanted a fishing rod lol, and I got her a tackle box to go with it.

I ordered the first season of a show called "Doc" for my mom. I remember her mentioning it once upon a time ages ago. She is kinda hard to buy for, they "have" money and she doesn't like it when we spend a whole lot of $ on her. Phew. That's done.

I find the hardest my 12 year old, she's kinda phasing out of the toy stage and not quite in teenager territory yet. But I have decided that I'm downgrading the gifts again. I just can't justify spending money we don't have on things we don't need because it's Christmas.
Kristina likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search