Do you have a TV in your car/s?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie
  • 1 Post By shari626
  • 1 Post By ~mommy~
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom
  • 1 Post By 2pinks&ablue
  • 1 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By mamato4andc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2012, 11:09 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Im not debuting if TV is good or not ( just so theres no confusion ) we always make sure we have at least one installed in our car (suv). Right now we have just one large screen that hangs just behind the front seats for the younger ones. In the states we actually have them on the seat forward to the seat behind on the headrest.

We use them for we are doing long distance traveling to keep the younger ones somewhat occupied. Its hard for them and us adults for that matter to sit for hours on end in the car seat/ seat. Even with potty/food/stretching breaks. We also use DS and PSP thingys, magnet drawing boards ect.

Does anyone have a other suggestions /ideas that may be helpful to keep them busy and so grouchy?
November 30th, 2012, 11:18 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
No tv's. They keep each other occupied, but we don't go on any long trips.
#12 is on the way
December 1st, 2012, 03:14 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The van has one and the sub doesn't. I find they behave better without tv for longer trips. They do great if I bring along a Magnadoodle or books and toys
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 1st, 2012, 04:40 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have one in our suburban - but now that the kids are older they don't watch it. When they were littler they would watch on long road trips. Now not so much. Now they have iPods and DS's to play with.
HalfDozen likes this.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

December 1st, 2012, 08:13 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, in our big van, dh took it to mickey shore and had them install a duel well triple if you count the one in the front screen dvd player. A camera so I can see when I am backing up. Remote start and an alarm system.
On our new to me mini van it came with dvd player that I haven't taken the time to figure out yet. It mentioned something about being able to get tv on it so I think I see how much $$ that is and if it's not too bad just get that. It also has the reverse camera and remote start.
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 1st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We never go very long distances, we did borrow a dvd player when we had to do a 6 hour drive once.

I am opposed to them in my own vehicle, it would be a huge strike against a vehicle if it had one but like I said, it's not often we're in there long enough to get bored.
December 1st, 2012, 09:04 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no, no tv......or DVD player ....no anything.

~~terre~~
December 1st, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
No, but we have phones, will have tablets, and other electronics. That seems to keep them entertained, but other then our trips into town we don't do a lot of long distance travelling. I really hate to drive and only do it when I have to.
December 1st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not yet, want one and remote start. DH did put in a backup camera a couple months ago.
AmiraX4 likes this.

December 1st, 2012, 10:33 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
When we travelled to Florida we borrowed a dvd player for our van, and my parents are buying the kids a dual screen one this Christmas. We travel in the van quite a bit as the nearest city is an hours drive each way.
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 1st, 2012, 01:25 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
No, I wish. We don't do much TV in our house, but I honestly would love one for the van. My kids scream and fight so much in the van. Sometimes a book on CD will hold their attention, but the little ones get bored so easy and starting throwing things at each other and start poking and hitting each other. I think our ride would be much safer and I would be less stressed if they could zone out watching a movie.
AmiraX4 likes this.

December 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Veteran
We got some for Christmas last year. My daughter gets car sick and that has helped alot. I guess it helps her not think about it. She can't look down so books,toys wouldn't work for us.
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 1st, 2012, 08:27 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I like the remote start also

I thought I heard that the reverse camera is going to mandatory like by next year or the year after on all vehicles??? or is wrong? not sure where I heard, but I really like it too.
December 1st, 2012, 08:41 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Que--- the book on CD is a good idea for my 6 yr she is begining to read so thats a good idea and also just in general even at home. We have the leap frog ones that you move the pen over it and stuff but when I get back I will for sure chk that out.
December 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We do have a DVD player in our car. We felt it was a must when we bought the car almost 8 years ago. We did get several years' use out of it, but now that the older girls are older, they don't have much interest in it. They're usually busy with iPods, DS's, books.

December 7th, 2012, 09:19 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ha- dh just came back from one of those 6plus hr drives---thats a very good reason for the tv cus only the DS game worked the psp forgot to charge...thats when things can go horribly wrong with children 6 & under couped in carseats for such a long time!!! thank god for car TV's......
December 8th, 2012, 04:26 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
My car has a set up in it but no actual tv just yet. We will probably get one within the next year since we will be driving the Arizona to visit my dad I would like to have at least an hour of quiet haha.
December 9th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We just got a new van this year and it does have a dvd player and two screens. I don't use it much, but it is nice to have on long trips. It also came with the screen in front that has a review camera and a gps. I love that.

I will warn you that if you have a child with motion sickness the tv's can make it worse. We didn't have one for several years for that reason, but my son seems to have outgrown his sickness now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search