Pictures in Saudi Arabia ( PIC_HEAVY)

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By AmiraX4
  • 1 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 1 Post By mom2many2010
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom
  • 1 Post By ummsultan
  • 1 Post By #5in2005
  • 1 Post By MIL2lissy8
  • 1 Post By 2pinks&ablue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Here are the pics I took yesterday (my time) after we got the kids from school. They are still wearing their uniforms. My 3 older ones ds1 A(22) ds2 Y(almost 21) ds3(almost 16) are not in Saudia with us They are in the states working, college, HS . IF there is anything anyone is curious about seeing here in Saudia, I will be happy to my best to get that pic, just let me know. Some that I took didnt turn out so I will try later.

The beaches are so nice, I will post later on beach scenes, but its really nice picnicing on the beach now that the weather is not so hot. and it was windy today.

My girls could spend the entire day swinging, ds4 likes to but enjoys the slide and climbing more.

The Burger King and McDonalds and things here all have special menu items that are not in the states like the 'McArabia'
sandwich but in general all the 'amercan' resturants here tastes just like states, although we dont eat out much at these places.

All the schools here are seperated girls/boys except preschoolers.

This is my youngest Batoolee she just turned 1 in Sept!

I will try and get some better ones soon. Just thought I would share
Kierasmom and Just_Marie like this.

Last edited by AmiraX4; December 2nd, 2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added comments to pics
December 3rd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Very cool. Thanks. The kids are cute!
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 07:40 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I love how there's the fast food places lol

I Saudi Arabia where you are from? Why are you over there if not? Pretty cool!
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Interesting, thanks for sharing. The beach does look lovely.
AmiraX4 likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
December 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you read Arabic?

I watched a home buying show about Saudi Arabia, and it didn't look so bad on that show either. It was kinda interesting because there is some things different there, like women are technically their husband's "property" so they have to ask to do things like have a credit card or buy a car. It's not as bad as comedy tv shows make it to be it seems.
AmiraX4 likes this.

December 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
ummsultan's Avatar Super Mommy
Nice pics! Are you in Jeddah?
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cool, thanks for sharing.
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Mom2many-

Yes I am. We have been traveling around alot in the past years. We were also living in the UK from 2008 till 2011( he was studying there for his PhD.) till a few months before I had B in Sept. He works for a very large company and that brings us back to here. As I said, in the new year we will be leaving back to the states again.

December 3rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti.Mom View Post
Can you read Arabic?

I watched a home buying show about Saudi Arabia, and it didn't look so bad on that show either. It was kinda interesting because there is some things different there, like women are technically their husband's "property" so they have to ask to do things like have a credit card or buy a car. It's not as bad as comedy tv shows make it to be it seems.
Yes I can read Arabic. However, I am not completely fluent so sometimes I can read something and not understand it or I will understand it because I piece together what I do understand --if that makes sense-- but yes I can read.

LOL -- their are alot of misconceptions about treatment of women here . Its sooo the other way around though. There are some things that a woman would need her husband for, like driving cus only men are alllowed to drive. ( I do drive in the states and I did in the UK but I would NOT choose to drive here--scary men drivers ) but in reallity---I love Saudi Arabia its the perfect enviroment to raise children as everything here revolves around family. Its just as advanced as the states but just surrounded by sand...

and oh....I ask for my husbands credit card alot and buy, buy, buy....good thing the bills are in his name!! llooll..
December 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
it sure is interesting seeing pictures of places i know but that are different. seems lovely there.
AmiraX4 likes this.

~~terre~~
December 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummsultan View Post
Nice pics! Are you in Jeddah?

Thank you!..no I am not in Jeddah. I am in the Eastern Province. not sure if you know Khobar, Dammam, Dhahran,Jubail areas..its right along the sea. Very nice although becus of being next to the sea- its very humid when its hot.

Have you been to Saudia? Sultan is the name of my DS3.
December 4th, 2012, 10:59 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Wow, looks very nice! I wish we were able to travel like that!
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am suprise you find the mc donalds food tastes the same as america. I have travelled a lot of the world and never found a country that tasted the same, actually most countries I can't even eat it.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
December 7th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Thank you!..no I am not in Jeddah. I am in the Eastern Province. not sure if you know Khobar, Dammam, Dhahran,Jubail areas..its right along the sea. Very nice although becus of being next to the sea- its very humid when its hot.

Have you been to Saudia? Sultan is the name of my DS3.
Yes, I know these areas. I have traveled all through Saudi. I love it there! Dh's family are from there. You are only about 2-3 hrs away from me.

Last edited by ummsultan; December 7th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
December 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The beach looks very pretty. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see more sometime...other countries always interest me. My husband is in the military and has traveled some, but the kids and I have never gone overseas with him.
December 7th, 2012, 08:49 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Umsultan----Which part of saudia is your DH from? Are you Saudi?

Clouise--It is beautiful here. I love it. Sure I would love to post more and if theres something anyone would like to see specifally I will do my best to get that as well.

Ya for some being in the military does sometimes offer the chance to travel, however sometimes going from country to country is very difficult with children. Having to start new with everything can be hard. But traveling around is a wonderful experience as well. pros and cons to everything I guess
December 9th, 2012, 08:55 AM
AmiraX2..My husband is Kuwaiti, but his parents and extended family are Saudi. His father got Kuwait nationality back in the 60's and moved here. They are from a small town called Al-Aflaj. It's about 3 hrs south of Riyadh. I am American!

We live about 20-30 min from the Saudi border. From there its about 2hrs or so to Dammam.
December 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
AmiraX2..My husband is Kuwaiti, but his parents and extended family are Saudi. His father got Kuwait nationality back in the 60's and moved here. They are from a small town called Al-Aflaj. It's about 3 hrs south of Riyadh. I am American!

We live about 20-30 min from the Saudi border. From there its about 2hrs or so to Dammam.

Shut up....cooool... oook I got it...My husband is from Qassiem. Ya , I know...you cant get more Saudi than that..lool...well thats cool...

Last edited by AmiraX4; December 9th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
December 10th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraX2 View Post
Shut up....cooool... oook I got it...My husband is from Qassiem. Ya , I know...you cant get more Saudi than that..lool...well thats cool...
Ha ha! I have passed through Qassiem. So your husband is Saudi?! When you said in a previous post you would be going back to the States after the new year I assumed he was American working in Saudi.
December 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
UmmSultan--

It seems that I am reallllllly lousy at posting what I mean to say.. cus its not the first time...I am not sure where I consfused you...but in anycase glad I cleared it up
Ive been there once and didnt like it. its very boring and dead place.
BTW--congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search