What a day, and it's not even over!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
First it started with a call from Sam that she didn't go to work cause her car won't go into gear. Her boyfriend takes a look and thinks it may be out of clutch fluid. She did find some and it worked, but considering her car has only been out of the shop, 2 weeks? We take it over to the mechanic, it's leaking and it's pretty bad. So he orders the new parts, but our back-up vehicle is currently with them getting fixed. So as long as she keeps fluid in it and checks it often it should hold off till her next day off.

Then today I realize without my wallet I have no ID and can't get my lay-away. So I try to get an ID but I need to bring in a bunch of stuff, well that's going to take me at least a week to get cause it's all back in California. Lay-away has to be out Friday. I call and ask what options I have, after all many of the employees know me. Not good enough I am told, but I can change the name on my pick-up person...maybe without ID, but the manager doesn't know for sure so I am waiting for the lay-away person to call me.

Then as my DD and I are driving into town, talking to each other on the phone I see a truck coming up behind me pretty fast with it's hazard lights on. So I say to Sam I'm not sure if I should pull over to the side or not. Then the truck passes her and she says it looks like her boyfriends brother. I say something about only volunteer fire fighters doing that and she mentions that the brother is one for our town. End of thought, till we get into town.

I usually go home the back way, but for some reason I didn't today. Now mind you Sam and I are still chatting on the phone, as we get closer I mention that the fire looks like it's coming from Eldon and Corey's house (her ex-boyfriend and his dad). This house is 92 years old, and falling down at the seems, as we get closer I'm really thinking it's by his house. Sam decides to go through the alley and sure enough it is. Our first thought is the dogs. Eldon should be at work and Corey is usually not there. They thought the dogs got out, they did, and we found everyone safe and sound. They are beyond poor, they make poor look rich. his dad is in his 60's and has failing health, although he does work. It's just so sad, and because of the age of the house no one would insure it. It's been in the family it's whole life, so no payments or anything. Just sad.
December 11th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
M2M, how sad about their house. Ihope the Salvation Army or someone can help them get into some sort of housing, even if temporary.

As far as layaway, I wish I had some good advice for you. I just say keep at it. The store wants to sell it. What a bummer.

No luck on the wallets? I was hoping you had some luck

December 11th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a day! So sorry for all the bad.
December 11th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I have found my wallet, it was hiding between the cushion and metal part of my computer chair.

Sams over visiting with her ex and the family, but I still feel so bad. Maddie (their dog) is 2 of my dogs mommy. We were so afraid she was in the house. One funny though, when we got there Maddie jumped in Sam's lap and wouldn't get down. Then the ex's mom's dog (not my favorite person) jumped in her lap....and promptly peed on Sam. I laughed so freaking hard and it looked like she pee'd herself cause of where the dog pee'd.
December 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW what a day! Glad you found your wallet. So sorry to hear about the fire. I hope they are able to get help.

December 11th, 2012, 09:07 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
That is quite the day!!! Thats good you found your wallet...did you find it when you werent looking? thats how I usually find things,,,

Sounds like that house had some major history, too bad, good no people got hurt, hope everything turns out ok.
December 12th, 2012, 02:17 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I hope the rest of your week looks up!
December 12th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Whew what a day. I hope today is better.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

December 12th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope finding your wallet is the start of good things all around.

Very sad about the house, I really do hope someone is able to help them.
December 12th, 2012, 09:16 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for finding your wallet!!

So sorry about the ex's house. That's horrible.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was so happy when you found your wallet! Maybe someone will suddenly remember where the other one is

I hope someone is there to help out the boyfriend and the dad. Stuff like that right before the holidays is horrible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search