Other people's opinions?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 4 Post By mom2many2010
  • 1 Post By Momtothe6thpower

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I just found this board after discovering that I'm pregnant with #6, at 42!! My husband and I are thrilled. (It took me a little longer to get there than him, but I'm there now)

The problem is, (besides being a little apprehensive about my age) NO ONE in either family is going to react positively to this news. (Except my 5 and 7 year old! LOL)

We haven't told anyone, because I don't want to hear the negativity. Has anyone else dealt with this?

BTW, I'm Jenn, my husband is Bryan; he has 2 kids from previous marriages; I have 5. This is our 1st together!!

I don't believe in birth control, and we've been married for 3 years, and so you can understand our shock at this pregnancy!!

Does everyone have supportive families/friends? Any advice on how to break the news, and deal with the reactions?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for rambling, that's just how my thoughts are right now!

Last edited by Funkyfamily10; December 17th, 2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: please delete - accidental duplicate
December 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No sweat. You have come to the right place. I found jm when I was pg w#6, too. No, most of us don't have supportive families. Some have great friends and we have each other. Yes, your kids will likely be the only ones to hare your joy. Let that be enough. We will be here to celebrate with you and tell you how beautiful he is.

Congratulations!
#5in2005 and UrbanMomma like this.
December 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say welcome and congrats!

I don't really have to deal with the negative comments, but I "only" have 5. Sorry those around you aren't supportive.
December 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Who cares what they think. Besides I have learned that once the baby comes..nobody really cares as much.
December 17th, 2012, 08:30 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^^^ totally agree! oh and welcome to our little group.

~~terre~~
December 18th, 2012, 05:43 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Hi! Welcome!

My family hasn't been happy about any of my pregnancies. Not even my first and second. So of course they aren't stoked about my 3rd and 4th. I just try not to talk to them about it. If they bring it up, I just don't engage in the conversation.

December 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hi, welcome and congrats!!!

We will be happy for you!

I am currently pg with #11 and only dh and JM friends know. I am sure people will have negative crap to say so I choose to exclude them from my news.

Screw what everyone else thinks, if you and dh are happy no one else matters!!!!!
#12 is on the way
December 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM!! Just shut them up with a simple, well we're really happy about it. Or, you can lie and also tell people that it's a planned pregnancy. That may help.

Really, though, don't let people's comments bother you. It's not their business.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome!

We haven't received great reactions when announcing pregnancies either, especially the last two, and we only have four! Just forget other people, who cares what they think!
December 18th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome

People can be jerks...except us, we're cool! Just tell them how overjoyed you are about and don't let anyone rain on your parade. Your not having a baby to make others happy...same as you wouldn't NOT have a baby to make others happy...right?
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyfamily10 View Post

Does everyone have supportive families/friends? Any advice on how to break the news, and deal with the reactions?

The ladies have really good advice as usuall and I agree....I think family is a great support system, however I do know that they are not always as supportive as we may hope. Children are a blessing and how ever many children you and your partner are content with is your business. Just let anyone who you are sharing with, let me feel your happiness and like a PP said...they will come around sooner or later....and if not....its their loss!! congrats on baby and your growing family
December 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are expecting number 10 in April/May and are thrilled. But our families not so much. My inlaws are pretty good about it, but not my side. We have learned that's just the way it is. I'm sorry. Congrats!! and welcome!

December 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM
Thank you all for your kind words! I know I shouldn't worry what other people think, but it's hard when those you love aren't supportive of your choices in life....anyway, we are thrilled, so well just hang onto that!
December 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello, welcome and congratulations.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search