School Parties

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AmiraX4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoa! Look at me, two new threads in two days. If I don't knock it off people might start to think I'm trying to host this board.

OK, so for those of you with multiple kids in school, do you make things or bake for ALL of their classmates and teachers?

I have three that have their class parties tomorrow. I was considering baking cupcakes for them but then I realized that would be 60 cupcakes just for classses! (I'm not Mari, I don't bake by the dozenssssss, lol!) I think I'll just stick with sending goodies on birthdays for now.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

December 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Does your school still let you send cupcakes? Our last several schools have had "health initiatives", and no sweets were allowed for either birthdays or holidays. Admittedly, it saved on baking time, but I didn't really want to go spend the money on pencils, erasers, etc.

New picture in progress......
December 20th, 2012, 07:58 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My ds's birthday was this week. I really wanted to send in the traditional cupcakes....BUT in his classroom there are allergies to milk,eggs,dairy,red dye and of course no nuts of any kind are ever allowed..........
I looked up recipes online and mostly found ones that required almond extract.....Long story short, family was taken over by a plague and ds and I decided on fruit snacks as his birthday treat. I had to read 5 packages before I found one suitable for the whole class........
So all that said, if I could not bring in premade stuff... I'm not bringing it.
December 20th, 2012, 11:07 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
With all of my kids even my older ones, the schools have always had a rule about no food from home and when bringing anything it had to pre-approved. Theres just to many different allergies plus I agree it could be unhygenic.
The only time I can remember home baked goods being allowed at school was when I was going to school and we would after school bake sells...
mamato4andc likes this.
December 21st, 2012, 07:35 AM
It's been allowed all the previous years and I haven't recieved any notes saying otherwise.
My kids go to a very small school. There aren't that many kids here with severe allergies. The ones I do know of that have milk allergies just skip the snack but none of them are in my kiddos classes. There's only two in the entire school with type 1 diabetes and up until two years ago it was only one (my dd). They certainly didn't limit sweets while she was elementary, which I admit annoyed me but we just saved it all for appropriate times.
So no, our school isn't like that. It would kinda be nice if they were. Last year all the super moms made special homemade snacks for the kiddos. It always makes me look like a slacker.
As far as supplying the little gifts for each of the students (pencils, erasers, play-doh, etc.) we still have to do that. Alot of people send candy for that too.

When I'm Due...

December 21st, 2012, 07:40 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No christmas parties per se this year. I have provided stuff for the make&take parties for kindergarten though.

December 21st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bring cupcakes for birthdays... and I do bring stuff for Christmas parties if I'm asked, and it just occured to me that I haven't been, but I think the younger teachers prefer to keep all the sweets/snacks/messes out of their classrooms, and I am totally fine with that too.

I am going to school to cook fettucini alfredo for my jr high kids' dinner.
December 21st, 2012, 11:54 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becca has to bring snack like once a month for her class. (I should be sending it more often for Bastian too, there's only 6 kids in his class I just either forget or we're kinda short on $) She wants to bring bagels for her next snack. Fine with me! lol

December 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Anything sent into the kids school has to be store bought. Silly, I think, but okay.

4of 5 took treats for parties today. Donuts, chips, cookies and candy.

Zay (Kindergarten) had a gift exchange. So he took in a little gift (remote control Mustang) and got a cute little plane.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
December 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
See, I would have sent store bought cookies or something but it looks so lame next to everyone else. Oh well...

When I'm Due...

December 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Veteran
When I was in school( I'm 28) we could bring in snacks. By the time my niece started school (7 years ago) they were not allowed to make and bring.
December 22nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I did back when it was allowed. I love creating little things for their classes. I remember once my husband an I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to create kitty cat cupcakes, lol.

However...in Maryland they get two "parties" a year. The party is 20-30 minutes at the end of the day where they do nothing but eat pre-packaged junk food. They can't even nearly enough of it, so each kid is sent home with a large bag of even more candy and little debbies. No games, no crafts, no music, nothing but the chance to stuff your face as fast as you can before the school bus comes. Lame. I wish they wouldn't even bother if that's all they can do.

My four year old does have sweet little parties at her preschool, but even there treats aren't allowed from home. Generally the school suppies everything - a fruit tray, cheese and cracker tray, and some sort of cookies or sweets prepared by the kids in class.
December 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Four kids in two classes at two schools=just two parties, yay! The kids' classrooms have no peanut allergies, so I can bring anything. In sept we had to sign up for Nolan's kindergarten-I chose juice at Christmas, easy right? For the preschool three (in same class!), we often bring store cupcakes and cookies which is easy since that class often doesn't have parents bringing stuff in. I usually bring a snack and enough juice for everyone including the teachers. For birthdays the current nanny likes to make and decorate cake pops, which the kids love-I am so lucky to have her since I hate decorating anything

Lucky mother to five!

December 23rd, 2012, 06:36 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did the crafts for my 2 big kids' parties this year. We made Christmas trees (out of ice cream cones). I'm room mom for both kids' classes so I usually do something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search