Present #'s

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Counting our Blessings

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2012, 12:56 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I was thinking today about if you only did the want, need, wear, read guideline in our home that would be (just for the dc) 28 gifts. How many would be in your home? Of course that isn't enough for dh and there is more
December 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's 16 in our home, not including the stuff from aunts and a friend and also not including the santa gifts. Next year I think we're going to do just ONE big gift from mom and dad and then the santa gift and stockings and just buy things all year long and then use the money at Christmas time to bless others.

December 23rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ugh, I am bad about Christmas, we don't get them a lot through out the year so I like to go a little over board at Christmas.

I believe the younger 4 have 10-12 each from me and dad, then one or two things each from the older 4. The older 4 got about 6-7 things from me and dad, and then from each other. This is the first year most have worked so it's the first time they have really bought for one another.

Then there is the 2 boyfriends set's of presents under there , and one girlfriend. I only have to buy for MIL and FIL so theres is also under there. I gave friends a 3 month subscription to Netflix...e-mailed out already. I swear 1/4 of our living room (which isn't big to begin with) is buried by present.

Oh and Santa is bringing 3 each for the younger 4 and 1-2 for the older 4.
December 23rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lost count honestly. I *think* they all have 3 from santa. I'll count tomorrow night and report back lol

December 23rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Veteran
Ughh this is a bad topic right now for me. Hubby thinks Santa should give them most of the gifts and we just get them stuff they need and I think it should be us giving most and Santa just a big gift. As of right now the older 3 I think are getting a big gift and 3 other gifts from Santa. The baby is getting 3 gifts from Santa. From us the little one is only getting 2 things I think The others are getting a bunch of movies, a game each a doll or action figure and a lego set. Plus stockings which are just candy.
December 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No Santa gifts here. I think each kids has 3-5 each to open. So 9x4=36, plus 1 for me and 1 for dh.

We also got a ginormous tv for the family. It is an obnoxious 47 inches. My bil gave them his old x box and a couple games when the inlaws were here the other day.
December 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I think the older two have seven things each from us, the younger two have three each from us. Plus stockings. They each get one from Santa and one together from Santa, plus gifts from family and friends.
December 23rd, 2012, 02:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
4 gifts each would put us to 20 gifts for the kids.

We had 15 gifts under the tree, 2 each (one from dh and I, and one from our name drawing) and one family gift (because I couldn't resist). They will get a gift from my sides cousin and a gift from dh's parents.

I am going shopping with the older three later this week to address the clothing/pyjama situation.
December 23rd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
four per kid would be twenty, but we're averaging 8 per kid since the stuff from inlaws and godparents came in, plus four each average for dh and I, so we'll end up at least fifty plus stockings----insanity
December 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Right now, I would say we have 15-20 gifts easily under our tree, probably more. These are only the gifts from the girls to each other and to us. I haven't wrapped any presents as of yet. We're aiming for 4-6 for each kid, depending on what they are getting. I think the youngest will have more because hers don't cost nearly what the older girls do.

And Santa brings all of our kids' gifts. None really from us.

December 26th, 2012, 05:19 AM
There was like 6-7 each for them from us, except for Weston got 2 (and I bought him a walker with the gift card I got from my mom. Wanted a jumper but they were out at walmart and I didn't want to go home empty handed lol). Then they got like 3 each from grandma AND grandpa so about 12 gifts each, plus I got Rob 7, and he got me like 7 things so almost 100 gifts total in the past 3 days. I'm tired still.

I am pretty sure that it's all stuff they are going to play with for a long time, besides complaining that they're bored every day now til they go back to school anyway lol

December 26th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure how many gifts there were....I'm just going to say a lot. lol

December 26th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We come in at the light end I guess. Our kids get two from us and one from Santa, so 3 total. We haven't opened ours at our house yet because we had family obligations from both sides for those two days so we do it NY Eve or Day.
I got DH one thing and he got me one thing.

Money was pretty tight this year, but we normally only do two or three gifts anyway.
~mommy~ likes this.

December 26th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I only planned on them getting like 3 each.. It never works out that way. Rob liked the 4 gift thing. We are probably going to do that next year. We will be able to make the 'want' be something they really really want more than likely. Not going to spend beyond our means this coming year. Hopefully things will line up the right way!

December 26th, 2012, 11:00 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
We had four things for each of our kids but then I had the bright idea to run out and get four more things each. Now I wish I hadnt because they got so much stuff from other people. Next year they will all get one thing from us and one thing from santa and thats it because family members buy them so much stuff.
December 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
About 9 gifts each from Santa. We don't give them any gifts. Plus stockings and a few gifts from grandparents.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

January 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
This year I did one gift from santa. And everything else from us. Hmm Ness received the fewest because she got a guitar so in all she probably had 5 presents to open X-mas morning plus stocking. But she had 3 presents to open from my parents house on the 23rd, 3 on christmas eve(dh's dads side) and then 4 the day after christmas(dh's moms side). It was all pretty much the same for everyone else but they had a few more to open on christmas. Last year we did 3 from santa and 3 from us.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

January 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran
We don't do Santa on Christmas - we celebrate St. Nicholas Day, so we don't have to worry about that on Christmas. We used to do a certain number of presents for each child until the older ones started turning into teenagers. Then we started doing a set amount of dollars on each person rather than number, while everyone's stockings have essentially the same type things personalized for each child.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search