Did YOU get anything special for Christmas?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH took me down to Alabama to spend Christmas with my sister and her family. We hadn't seen eachother in 10 years, and we had never had a Christmas together, ever, not even as children (same father, different mothers, had little contact thanks to parents to immature to put our needs first). Ahem. moving on.

Anyway, my sister crocheted me a scarf (i love it!) in my favorite color purple. DH gave me a new set of mixing bowls, stainless steel ones!! Because he knew I'd been wanting some. He also gave me a nice sized red crock for my cooking utenisils. The crock was probably my favorite gift from him! Ok, the bowls, too. My step mom made me me a no-so fleece blanket...purple with pastel colored owls all over it, a new outfit from JC Penny's, plus took my sister and me on a "girls only" shopping trip to Lane Bryant for new bras (one has to wonder if that gift was for me or more for my hubby, because he really liked the "after"). The whole family down there went in and gave us a gift card and cash to help with our trip home.

My DH got a $50 Bass Pro gift card from my step mom and he got to go shopping in Spanish Fort, Al while we were there.

December 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love those no sew blankets. Weston got one from a friend for his welcoming gift. Bastian has it right now I want to make one, but they take a lot of time, maybe I'll just pay that lady for the material and have her make me one in adult size.

I like purple too!

December 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
k-cups are the coffee 'filters' for the keurig coffee maker. see this link:

Single Cup Coffee & Brewers - Keurig.com

by the way, those with a keurig, if you order your coffee online, it adds up points to eventually get a new coffee maker when yours wears out (at least if did for my sister!!) and they have way more flavors online and it ends up being the same price or cheaper to buy it that way.

we bought a keurig for each of our kids this year for their christmas gift. i will be getting my old one back from my son. might start using it again for the special flavors that are seasonal right now.

~~terre~~
December 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thanks MIL2-- When im not pregnant I love coffee....That is one thing I have NEVER gotten for my kitchen. Knowing me I would stop cooking and just drink the coffee and all the great drinks that you make with that...all day long. I am bit jealous though that its seems every woman has one in her kitchen. love love love....is nice.
December 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
#1 went all out this year and got something for everyone. It was super sweet. And she got me a gold necklace with a gold heart that has the inscription "a mother holds her daughters hand for a little while but her heart for a lifetime" or some such. It was very sweet of her, but I never wear necklaces. I had to remind myself and wear it on Christmas. I need some kind of reminder to put it on.
Repti.Mom likes this.
December 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keurig Reusable K-Cup Filter Baskets for My K-Cup (2-pack): Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

I got that. I drink decaf coffee and hot chocolate. There doesn't seem to be a very big selection of decaf cups, so I got those and then I can make my own coffee.

December 29th, 2012, 08:39 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Hubby bought me a Coach purse. It's not very big, but I was so surprised, I cried. It's my first-ever Coach purse. I told him I need a new wallet now. I was hinting for my birthday coming up next month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search