New Years Eve: like, love or loathe

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Which one is it for you?

Loathe is probably too strong of a word, but that would be the section I'd be in.
December 29th, 2012, 07:50 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Its just another day.

I always let the little kids have an ice cream sundae bar that night, and we will watch a movie, but most likely we will be asleep before midnight. I have done the ice cream sundaes since the oldest were little, but now they are way toooooo cool to hang out with their momma.

New Years Day we have fried chicken, mac n cheese, greens, corn bread and black eye peas.
#12 is on the way
December 29th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm indifferent, we don't go anywhere cause I won't be on the roads with a bunch of drunks. I do try to do something for the littles but that changes every year.
December 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many2010 View Post
I'm indifferent, we don't go anywhere cause I won't be on the roads with a bunch of drunks. I do try to do something for the littles but that changes every year.
This is pretty much us. I have tried to invite some people over this year but keep getting told "every year we...." So I guess it's too late to get in with someone for a tradition. I like um's idea.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
December 29th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a board game night with us and the kiddos. UM, I'm stealing your ice cream sundae idea, that's great! I was trying to think of something a little different that would be fun, thanks for the idea.

On NY Day we open our Christmas presents. Since my family hogs the holidays, we don't get a chance over the Christmas Eve/Day time, so we do it than. It works good for us and the kids are more than ready to open them, in good moods, etc.

Sorry I got long winded. But we don't really celebrate a new year, but we definately don't want to be on the roads. It just seems like the last hurdle in the holidays. So really don't care
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

December 29th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Steal away, its fun and the kids love it!!
Farmers-wife likes this.
#12 is on the way
December 29th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
we are usually asleep long before the noise-makers start banging lids and shooting guns in the air. this year we are having friends over for a game night (if i don't get on the ball with it, they won't know what food to bring to go with my uber-yummy lasagna). in general though, we stay here and do nothing --- its just another evening at our house. sad, isn't it?

~~terre~~
December 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Its just another day for us....although in the past we have been know to splurge on the fireworks!! Sometimes we will go the fireworks show in the night downtown but not for "celebrating" the new year just cus its nice to look at.

I agree with the the other posters though, its a very dangerous time to drive. SO be careful if you do go out and UM I cant stand fried chicken but for some reason you just made want a piece!
December 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a homebody on New Year's Eve. We don't get invited over to friend's houses for NYE anymore because we don't drink alcohol. I guess we're no fun. I wish I had a bigger house; I would invite over all of my friends whom I know don't drink either and have a game night or something.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A few years we went next door, but now that we have had years with no neighbors, or 'different' neighbors we just stay home. We are usually in bed before midnight.

Last new years eve I got my new washer and dryer so I did laundry LOL I'm also pretty sure Weston was made last new years eve

December 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Well, I am not making a baby for New Years, that's for sure!
December 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maybe you'll HAVE one next NYE?!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hahahaha- no. I am done.
December 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah no baby making for me this year either.
Might still do laundry though LMAO

December 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I know for absolutely positively sure I am DONE after this one. No more babies for me!!
#12 is on the way
December 29th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah Jen, I think 12 would be a great even number

We don't drink either, so that means we are at home with the kids, which is just fine by us. I'd invite the rest of you over if we lived closer.

December 29th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It doesn't bother me. Squeakers was concieved on NYE 2010, and we won't be doing that this year. I'm really done having babies.

I fix sauerkraut and a pork roast for our dinner served over mashed potatoes. Kids will most likely go to bed. DH and I used to stay up to midnight, toast with a glass of red wine, and that was it. Now, we go to bed usually before midnight.

December 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM
OH we drink alright, but not because of new years lol

I am betting we'll be in bed before midnight. Noah usually stays up if he goes to a friend's house, but not here.

December 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I love New Year's Eve. It's always been a tradition to watch the ball drop, although I am sad there will be no Dick Clark this year. Over the last 13-14 years, we have always been out of town for New Year's Eve so we try to vary if we're at my parents' or my in-laws'. We usually have a pretty low-key evening, regardless of where we are. And as soon as the ball drops, we sing happy birthday to #3 since she was a New Year's Baby for us.

December 30th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Home and in bed. Dh and I will probably have a few drinks. I think I may take the kids to BounceU for New Years Day.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search