Wetting the bed

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any of your daytime trained kids wet at night? How old are they?

January 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
No, the only time any of my trained ones pee at night is if they get cold....Kailyn last night. Beyond that once mine can hold it during the day they can hold it at night. I have been very lucky in that regards.
January 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, we have a 4 year old and a 3 year old still wet at night.

January 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
8 year old and 6 year old still wet at night. 8 year old about 3 times a week, and 6 year old HEAVILY every night.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
This is such a goood question, because have been wanting to post such topic.
I pride myself not in a stuck up way..but the fact that I have been able thus far to train all my children at around average age of year and half. (And i mean pee, poop, no wearing night diaper when I say trained ) youngest one was 15 months. DD1..

The only issue I have had is with Ds4- he started out great going as planned until he started wetting the bed???!! HHuuh ....I tried everything ignoring it, reminding him, stop drinks 4hrs before bed, wake him up during night to go, nite light on, we even took him recently to a oncololigist>? he did an ultrasound in that area and tests and it all came back perfect..said just give him more time he is 4 so we will recheck later if still having problems??? He is the only one out my children that do this??

I would really love to hear your experiences as well....what do you do how do you address it? how old is too old?
January 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Some kids just wet. RJ gets up several times before he falls asleep to go to the bathroom, and in the AM he takes the pullup off and puts on underwear.

Sydney is 8 and still wets like I said. She NEVER wets at other peoples houses, I think she worries about it so much or just stays up so late it doesn't happen. It's cut back a lot here, used to be every day as well. I don't worry about it too much. Our old doc didn't even make a big deal about it, just brushed it off really.

The 11 year old, 9 year old and 5 year old never have accidents at night. The 3 yr old and 3 month old are still full time in diapes.

January 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3.5, 3.5 and 6--N and I were just talking about this today, he says he tries so hard to wake up at night but he's so sleepy, I'm sad that he feels bad about this I told him not to worry, his little body will be ready when its ready-sweet little man
January 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Repti.Mom:
My 13 year old sometimes wet at night. But she only does it at home at night and never wets at slumber parties or even cheerleading camp. I don't worry about it,I got her the alarm and let her change herself and change her bed sheets.But I don't think it's big deal.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
see that's the other thing, the other doc wouldn't even let us get the alarm that's covered by insurance. He told me to just go buy one.. If it continues past 10? I think I'll look into it. I know she's not lazy or bad or dumb or anything, it just happens. To convince them of it is a different story. Then again she's our HUGE pouter.

January 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Repti:
I took my 13 year old to the store,I let her pick the good nites and the under jams that she wanted.I want her to get involve so she could take charge of her bedwetting.And Diana my 13 yr old loves that I don't get involve and she deals with it herself.I only intervene if she asks me to. Repti,I think alarm helps tremendously and I know it has made difference for Diana.
January 3rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 6 (almost 7) and 11 year old still wet the bed. My 9 year old doesn't. I wet the bed until 12 or so so it doesn't surprise me. They wear the generic goodnites and we don't make a big deal about it.

My daughter has a prescription medication to take if she stays at someone's house, but it doesn't always work. :/

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
January 3rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I've been very lucky with this, my oldest two trained at about 3, but have had very few accidents since.

This might be a silly question, but what is the alarm?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search