Large Family

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hello!!! I'm the mom to amazing 7 girls. I got a 23 year old,17 year old, 13 year old,8 year old, 2 year old identical twins and soon to be 3 month old girl. I find somethings hard to get all the girls to do something together or even share things. My 23 year old daughter tends to fight most of the time with her 17 year old sister then my 13 year old daughter fights with both of her older sisters.And my 13 year old finds more comfort playing with her 8 year old sister and the identical twins.Also my 8 year old is now jealous of the 3 month old. My twins like to pick and fight with each other over toys or their zippy cup. Is there any way to find peace between the girls?What can I do?

I had another question with regards to be big families. My 2 year old twin girls,they don't seem to want potty train or do anything unless their older sisters go with them.Is there anyways to get them to go without their older sisters and get them to go by themselves? I think having a big family is so stressful at times.

Last edited by paigestephymom; January 2nd, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
January 2nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I'd take the fact that they want to potty train AT ALL at 2 as a blessing. Other than that, I don't know lol

January 2nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Welcome, your home sounds like a fairly normal home.

I am Jen, and have 8, the oldest is 21 and the youngest is 3. One thing I have noticed is the my younger do prefer for the older ones to help. It's not an issue here though cause the older ones don't mind.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Jen:
Do you have any tips? I don't think my older ones mind at all but my 13 year old and my 17 year old daughters are starting school soon.Then my 23 year old is also going back to college,so it's going be challenge with the twins.

How do you manage household with 8 kids?I hate the fight and bickering too.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
I could intro myself too I spose. I have 7 kids also, they are in the pic, Noah-11, Jayde 9, Sydney 8, RJ 6, Becca 5, Bastian 3, Weston 3 months.

I don't really have OLDER kids, but Becca does love her some Noah

January 2nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Repti:
I wish I had at least one boy,I have 7 girls and in top of that 4 female dogs.There is estrogen all over the house,my poor husband is always saying that he lives in pool of estrogen and hair spray. Your family seems so sweet and nice,they are super close in age?

Hey Repti,if you AIM - my aim is alabamacrimtides . It's good to talk with other mom with large families,I rarely get the chance to.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:49 PM
no, not aim, but if you have a facebook you can pm me here with it or post it here. You can't search me it seems on FB

January 2nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
How do you PM here?I been trying I can't seem to figure it out.
January 2nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
you might not have enough posts.

January 2nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by paigestephymom View Post
Jen:
Do you have any tips? I don't think my older ones mind at all but my 13 year old and my 17 year old daughters are starting school soon.Then my 23 year old is also going back to college,so it's going be challenge with the twins.

How do you manage household with 8 kids?I hate the fight and bickering too.

I find when the older ones aren't here the younger will let me do whatever it is that needs done, once the older ones walk back in the door mom becomes somewhat invisible...not such a bad thing

I don't really manage the house, i just kinda do what needs to be done. As for bickering and fighting...after say 14 I stay out of it. Seriously at that age they need to figure it out on their own, before that I stay out of it within reason, I've kinda learned that sometimes my interference makes it worse, and when all else fails they can take it to their rooms.

My kids will also tell you that i am the queen of tuning them out...I am, I can block them out like no other.
January 2nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
I sent you one. It's top of the screen left side. Should pop up for you, and show a black "1".

January 2nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on all those girls! How fun! I have 9, 5 girls, 4 boys. There is some pretty good squabbling and fights between them. I think it's good the littles want the bigs to help them. That's what family is for. When the bigs aren't around, they will manage.

Welcome to our large family home! You will love it here!
January 2nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Mom2many2010:
I think I might follow your advice.I will let my older ones figure out their own fights without my interfering and also I'm going start tuning them out.Like my poor husband said:"I live in a world of estrogen and hair spray."He is softie with the girls, i'm usually the disciplinarian one. My husband treats all his girls like little princess and he just enjoys spoiling them.

I guess I'm going follow your advice because if not I will go gray before it's time. I will let my girls figure out their own problems without me getting in the middle. I usually make things worse and the fight gets bigger.

Farmers-wife:
Thank you!!I love talking to other mommies with large families,it's hard to find them.I'm glad I found a home.
January 3rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

We have 9 kids with one on the way in April/May. We have 5 boys and will have 5 girls and our oldest is 12. Our older ones to help here also, it's just expected and they enjoy doing it. As far as fighting, we try and find the root cause of it and than go from there. Our kids are each other's best friends, so they are with them all the time. Homeschooling builds in that closeness, for us anyway.

Welcome!

January 3rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome here. I have 5 girls, they're 15,13,11,9 and 7.
January 3rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the welcoming here!!I really appreciate it.
January 3rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hi, welcome.
#12 is on the way
January 3rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! We're a small large family, one of the smallest here, but large by other's standards lol.. I have three girls and one boy, my oldest is 5. Even with my oldest two, I stay out of most fights, unless they're physical.
January 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Welcome I have 4 girls Karrara is 8(Jan 11th), Kaiah is 6 1/2, Kayda is 5(Jan 12th)and Katara will be 1 Feb 10th and we are actively TTC #5

I stay out of a lot of there fights and let them deal with it and with potty teaming I didn't have to do anything with #3 she just watched the other girls and taught herself how to go on the toilet by 12-13 months not even on the potty but my other 2 were at home most of the time
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search