house, money, rooms etc... few questions

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By #5in2005

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 06:36 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trying to figure out how I am going to work this. The only solution is taking over the entire house or moving.. Anyways Id like to know how you all do it, how many rooms you have, how many in each room, if you rent or own etc etc.

We are on baby #8 and we only have 4 rooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen, 1 dining room, 2bathrooms,(one full 1 half) We rent. Been here 6 years and I want to stay atleast 3 more years. we have 2 in each room and #7 is still with us. We dont want both in our room. We cant change a room, and we have borrowed a room in the basement suite for our 4th room.

Are any of you afraid financially? I am so scared..I tend to worry of the large picture right on than the whats now. I worry my dh will loose his job or something. am I ok to feel this worry? some say having another one wont make a big dent, but to my family it will.

Just a bit of insight on everyone would help me a great deal, as I am having anxiety attacks about the newest one to be and back to square one of finding out.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

January 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We live in a 3 bedroom right now (but we're moving asap), MIL has one of those rooms. The older three share a room (which they love) and the youngest is with us until she's sleeping through the night- then we'll switch rooms and give the kids the bigger one which has plenty of room for all of them. When we move, at least the younger two will keep sharing, possibly all of the girls will, giving only the boy his own room. Everyone worries about money to a degree, but in our experience, things have a way of working themselves out.
January 8th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pinks&ablue View Post
We live in a 3 bedroom right now (but we're moving asap), MIL has one of those rooms. The older three share a room (which they love) and the youngest is with us until she's sleeping through the night- then we'll switch rooms and give the kids the bigger one which has plenty of room for all of them. When we move, at least the younger two will keep sharing, possibly all of the girls will, giving only the boy his own room. Everyone worries about money to a degree, but in our experience, things have a way of working themselves out.
I wonder if I put Boys #5,#6,#7 together and keep #8 with me for a year?? That might work. For now I am still nervous. Ugh. This sucks how my mind just takes over and thinks of the unknown. Thank you for replying!

Alyssa Marie Jade

January 8th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Let's see we have 8 and a 4 bedroom house also, and we only have one bathroom.

We have 2 rooms in the basement and 2 on the main level. Our house is small think old farm house, and no storage, it get's tricky. Anywho, my 2 oldest girls (21&19) have the biggest room in the basement, then my 2 oldest boys (21&20) have the next room in the basement. Actually both of those rooms are the biggest.

On the upper floor is the husbands room, and then the next three youngest in the other room (11,8 and 6) that is 2 boys and one girl. I tried to move the 11 year old downstairs into the boys room, but he hated it and the other 2 missed him. The youngest (3) is still with me.

As for my hubby's job and money. While I it's important to be prepared, I don't over stress about it. Things have always worked out, and I believe it always will.
January 8th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only have five, and a total of five bedrooms. Twins share, oldest and youngest share, and dd has her own room right now. Oh and dh and I share

Lucky mother to five!

January 8th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many2010 View Post
Let's see we have 8 and a 4 bedroom house also, and we only have one bathroom.

We have 2 rooms in the basement and 2 on the main level. Our house is small think old farm house, and no storage, it get's tricky. Anywho, my 2 oldest girls (21&19) have the biggest room in the basement, then my 2 oldest boys (21&20) have the next room in the basement. Actually both of those rooms are the biggest.

On the upper floor is the husbands room, and then the next three youngest in the other room (11,8 and 6) that is 2 boys and one girl. I tried to move the 11 year old downstairs into the boys room, but he hated it and the other 2 missed him. The youngest (3) is still with me.

As for my hubby's job and money. While I it's important to be prepared, I don't over stress about it. Things have always worked out, and I believe it always will.
how do the older 4 get on together in pairs that old? Like my 15 year old gets annoyed by his 12 year old brother.
my 10 and 9 year old hate love each other, ift hat makes sense. they would love the 12 year old with them. and it was that way for a while. I just dont know how I can manage to fit their toys, dressers in the room if I put the younger 3 together and the new baby with me. I am so lost.. I just wish I won the lottery, owned my own house and was happier that way.

Alyssa Marie Jade

January 9th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, but kids are kids. You are in control, you tell them to suck it up and get along or sleep outside.

I suggest putting a young one with the older boys. It would work better because the olders know not to screw around at night, (unless they're my girls lol) and can keep him inline when he's not in dream land.

We have 4 bedrooms too. This weekend we are switching one room to be 'Weston's' room. I want to get it done before he is rolling and too big to be in the rock&play. Currently Bastian has his own room (3), RJ and Noah share (6&11) and the girls share (9,8,5). We have one bedroom main floor three upstairs. The three boys will be upstairs in the room we are in when we make the switch so it will be 11,6,3. If we have more we can always put Weston in the boy's room, and there is room for probably one more girl in the girls room too

As for money.. you live in canada so it's not as scary there as it is here I sometimes things make me worry, but it has always worked out, and DH and I have been a 'large family' for 6 years now!

January 9th, 2013, 07:29 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We have a three bedroom house and are expecting #11. I have three boys downstairs in the basement, three boys in another room, two girls in one room and dh, myself and our 2yo dd and 9 mo ds upstairs. When new baby gets here she/he will be rooming with us also.

We own our house, its paid for, was a foreclosure and we paid cash for it. So we only have to worry about property taxes every year.

I don't worry about losing jobs, or other financial issues, if it happens, it happens and we will deal with it then.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
January 9th, 2013, 07:43 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We have a 4-bedroom, and while we're only on #5, the intention when we bought this house was that the girls would all have their own rooms. Well, needless to say, that is changing since we had #4. She'll be going in with #2 very shortly, and #5 will be in our room, where #4 has been since she was born. Eventually, #5 will have to move out of our room, but #1 will be leaving for school in a couple of years so I think it will all work out. It's easy to get caught up in the financial mess that is all of our lives, but like everyone else said, things have a way of working out.

New picture in progress......
January 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a 6 bedroom house. When my nephew moved in then I had our youngest move in with #4 (it was a big room with a bunk bed anyways) and now that nephew has left she is still staying there indefinetly.

I think we all worry about money to some degree, but I can't ever say I worry about being homeless or hungry It all works out.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search