Similarities

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Like I've said on a roll.

Do you have kids that totally take after you or dh? Which kids are most alike in personalities

My #2 looks most like her dad and acts most like her dad with the exception that she's really tidy and organized and dh is not.

#3 is my clone, she looks like I did as a child and has my mannerisms. I often totally understand where she's coming from, and she is rarely in a bad mood, but when she is, she makes me the most mad with it.

#1 and #5 are most the same, except that one is the oldest and one the youngest so that's made them into different people.

#4 is awesome, but God really broke the mold with that one.
January 12th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DD1 is just like me, 100%. DS6 is just like Daddy. Both of them in looks, mannerisms, personality, everything.

Everyone else is somewhat of a mix and we see traits of both. But DS5 and DD8 are alike in everyway, but we don't know exactly what traits came from who. But they are like clones.

January 12th, 2013, 12:46 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of them except for #5 are blond and blue like dh. #5 got my darker hair and blue. #4 is just like dh and #5 is just like me, oddly enough they are peas in a pod and we call them the little couple. They were even born 6 days shy of exactly 2 years apart.
This is them a couple of years ago at an apple orchard.

The little Mr. driving the little Ms. again a few years ago. They are 3 and 5 now.

Teaching her how to dance.

Hanging in her playpen with her.

Sorry, they're just so cute I wanted to share. I need to load more pics. I don't have any recent ones.
The 3 oldest are similar in personality,then the little couple. Idk what #6 will be like yet. She may make up the 2nd trio. In the fall all, but the 2 little girls will be in school all day, so I imagine it will be all about princesses, Dora and wardrobe changes all day.

Last edited by ~mommy~; January 12th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
January 12th, 2013, 01:47 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
My oldest is exactly like me, in looks and personality. If I showed you pictures of me as a kid, and her, you would think it was the same kid. #2 looks a lot like DH, but a little like me too, and him and DH are a lot a like. #3 and #4 look exactly like DH, but I'm not sure who they act like yet.
January 12th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jayde looks a lot like me. In fact a friend of the neighbor went to school with me. She was outside during the summer, and Jayde went to ask if one of the kids could play. The girl I went to school with said Jayde looked familiar but couldn't figure out why, then she saw me and realized why lol.

Sydney and Becca look a lot alike and are both big moody whiners. Becca just started the moodiness when she started school. I was hoping her attitude wouldn't be like Sydney's, but it is.. sigh...

When RJ was little he looked like Jayde, but a boy. Sebastian and Noah are quite different from everyone, and I'm not sure about Weston either. He just looks like a mix. I don't think any of them look exactly like DH.

January 12th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The older 4 do not really look like anyone, they are more of a hodge podge of both of us. Personality wise Sam is the most like her dad. *****es about everything and 'hates' everyone. It's funny cause a couple of weeks ago I pointed this out to her and of course she denied it. Then 2 hours later she starts grumping and stops mid sentence, looks at me, and goes "OMG I am just like dad". Yes, child you are. lol My son also has his dad's temper, I can not let them work on a vehicle together, hence why i know so much about vehicles. The husband is in denial though

The younger 4, both boys look like there dad and tend to be the fairer children. The girls look like me and tend to be darker in coloring, even their personalities are more like the 2 of us. The boys him, the girls me. People see pictures, who knew us when we were little say the exact same thing, so I couldn't deny them if I wanted to.
January 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have kids that totally take after you or dh? Which kids are most alike in personalities

My older 4 are from an ex, so I will start with them.

#1, #4 are IDENTICAL to their dad, #1, looks like me but act like his dad, but #4 look like and act like his dad. #2, looks like a mix of me and his dad but is like me in every way, #3, identical in looks to his dad also, but has a mix of his dad and me in his act

All my older 4 were blond until recently when #1 went dark like me and the next 3 followed same color than their dad, BUT #1, #2 are brown eye like me and #3 and #4 are blue eye like their dad

#5 hes hard to distinguish, he looks like off of DH side his grandpa, BUT he doesnt behave like either of us, hes autistic
#6, identical looking to his dad, and idk on his behaviour, hes only 2 lol
#7, identical looking to his dad, and I think is like me hehe, hes a mamas boy

#5,6 are brown eye and dirty blond, I have no idea where the blond came from as DH was red and I was black LOL but eye color are same. #7 has my color eyes to but hes got a mix in color hair and peach fuzz so IDk what color he will be yet
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

Last edited by mommy2lilmen; January 12th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
January 13th, 2013, 06:24 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
#1 has a different bio father, but in looks, she is like me, just different hair and eye color. But features are the same, although I think she has her father's eyes. She probably has the most similar temperament to me as well, but she takes after dad's (my hubby) temper. That's why they fight, but they both think I'm crazy. She also has a BIG dose of 1 of my sisters in her.

#2 looks more like Dad, but acts like another 1 of my sisters, although she has my hair coloring and people who don't know us well think she's a mini me. Maybe she is - she's the one I argue with most.

#3, I think, is a mix of us. But, like #5in2005 said, the mold was broken with that one. Attitude-wise, she reminds me of Dad's brother. She is super smart, but oh-so-literal and that kid can find a loophole through ANYTHING!!

#4 is too early to tell. Some of my family thinks she looks like #3, but she is definitely most attached to #2. I can see bits of each of the girls in her. When she was born, everyone thought she looked like Dad, but I think that's common, and her looks have changed. The most comical thing that my mom and I find is that she ALWAYS gets complimented on her eyes. She was named after my grandma, who also got the same compliments. They have completely different colored eyes, but that was always the first thing people would say about my grandma, and it's what EVERYONE says about my little one.

I guess we shall see with #5. I hope he looks like Daddy.

New picture in progress......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search