vaccines

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know this topic can be personal and controversial, I am not looking to start an argument on here. I just wanted some input on if you vaccinate or don't, or if you delay vaccinations. And why.

January 17th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We vaccinate. We've delayed a few for various reasons, but they are all up to date now. I feel more comfortable with that, especially with the way we move around and travel so often.
January 17th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Delay...it's what I am most comfortable with.
January 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We have chosen to vaccinate. Mainly because of were we live. When in LA, it was because of the number of people and my children went back and forth between the US and Mexico, now it's because we do have a huge illegal immigrant community and for that reason I felt it was best.
January 17th, 2013, 12:32 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We do the standard vaccination schedule. My girls have all had fine (zero) reactions doing that so we've just stuck with it. The only thing that we don't do is the flu vaccine, except when I am pregnant or nursing. At that point, I get vaccinated, but no one else.

January 17th, 2013, 02:38 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We vaccinate mostly on time. We do not do the flu vax.
January 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Shots are usually on time ....with few exceptions. I also choose to exlcude a couple.

January 17th, 2013, 03:27 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I do not vaccinate. I don't trust the schedule or the ingredients. I also don't 100% buy that they don't cause reactions such as autism. I am not willing to risk it. Thats my decision for my children. I don't push my decision or beliefs on anyone else and expect them not to push theirs on me.

I also don't do flu vax for my kids or myself.
mommy2lilmen and mamato4andc like this.
#12 is on the way
January 17th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No flu vax here either...highly recommended or not. The one time I pushed dh and dd1 to get it they both got the flu =/
January 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We do all of them, on time but also don't get the flu shot.
January 17th, 2013, 05:05 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We chose not to vaccinate, for exactly the reasons that UM posted above.
mamato4andc likes this.
January 17th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No flu, no chicken pox, no mmr, no hepatitis

Yes polio, hib, dtap
January 17th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran
We do not vaccinate anymore.

My oldest was vaccinated according to schedule and was to the point that they diagnosed him failure to thrive before we started researching and realized that was the problem. He was having daily seizures, couldn't eat hardly anything without a reaction.

Like UM said, since researching, we do not trust the ingredients nor do we believe they are effective.
January 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We do all of them on schedule. We don't do flu shots for any of us.

It's a tough one. I've researched it, talked to doctors (I know not the best source), and since our kids have had zero reactions went with the standard.

We also thought if our kids do an out of the country mission trip (my hubby did) they would need them all than.

January 17th, 2013, 08:31 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We vaccinated the older 4, with no knowledge of what ingredients and what not.. 1 has adhd and 1 is not able to focus and what not. I then gave them them the chicken pox vaccine which I guess was fine. My decision to delay vaccines have come out NOW that my 5th son developed autism, unable to speak and more. Yes I know there is NO PROOF that the vaccines do it, but looking at the routine they had back 9 years ago, kinds and schedule, I beleive it hurt him this way. My 6th son has mild signs of autism but they wont diagnose him, they both had vaccines on time even the chicken pox. I have delayed with Kade in hopings to see a difference. I know alot of people think Im crazy BUT I am doing it for my kids I will NOT get the chicken pox vaccine for him. I was fine without it why should they need it now. I know too much on the vaccines and I regret knowing. I guess its the mothering in me Much like UM ..
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

January 18th, 2013, 10:46 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just having a hard time deciding. We were on schedule for the first 6 months. Then a lady I know told me about her grandson, who was perfectly healthy until 6 months. Went in for vaccines and then next day started with seizures. He has never been the same. He is now 4 and has been diagnosed with autism. She swears it was the vaccines.

That scared me! So I haven't gotten any more vaccines since. And in looking at the vaccine schedule I received in the early 80's and the vaccine schedule now I just feel uncomfortable they added so many vaccines! I don't know what to do. I know that for school the kids will need them...we have medical and religious exemptions in our state but I hear they are hard to get. So I am thinking of just delaying for now.

January 18th, 2013, 12:38 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
I am just having a hard time deciding. We were on schedule for the first 6 months. Then a lady I know told me about her grandson, who was perfectly healthy until 6 months. Went in for vaccines and then next day started with seizures. He has never been the same. He is now 4 and has been diagnosed with autism. She swears it was the vaccines.

That scared me! So I haven't gotten any more vaccines since. And in looking at the vaccine schedule I received in the early 80's and the vaccine schedule now I just feel uncomfortable they added so many vaccines! I don't know what to do. I know that for school the kids will need them...we have medical and religious exemptions in our state but I hear they are hard to get. So I am thinking of just delaying for now.
Id delay, you can do 1-2 vaccines a month, that I heard is less harsh on the system. Im doing 1 vaccine a month.
and let me tell ya, I beleive that lady. I dont want to get into why I beleive it, but I have a 3 year old whos autistic and I blame the harshness of the vaccines.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

January 18th, 2013, 03:05 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't do a few - hep A, rotavirus and flu.

The others I delay and never allow more than 2 sticks at once, but preferably 1.

I vaccinated the first 3 on schedule and it wasn't until I was pg with #4 that I started researching it more.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
January 18th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ted (my oldest) is looking at spectrum diagnoses in the next month or so, that's on top of his bi-polar. We've had to doctors say the same thing, so now it's just a matter of 'paperwork'. Twenty one years ago it was just a language/comprehension disorder. I've suspect autism for many years though, especially as it has become better known. Even knowing my suspicions I chose to vaccinate my other kids, yes one has ADD and another most likely has ADHD, but it does run in my family and is almost always out grown by the teen years.

I won't say that vaccines have nothing to do with it. the truth is no one knows what causes it...even as far back as 21 years ago. I actually think a delayed schedule is a lot nicer (try finding a doc out here willing to do it) so maybe consider which are the ones you feel are necessary see what might still linger where you live and go from there. In other words start with whats important and work your way outwards.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search