Who's still hoping

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for at least one more???
February 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I'm in the midst of "one more" right now, and I always swear it's the last one while I'm doing it, so we have promised never to decide no for sure until after baby is 1.

But, with history as my guide, I bet in less than 2 years I'll be hoping for one more, too.

I really do believe that one day I'll look around and just know that my whole family is here. I'm sure we're not done yet, but I can't be positive how I'll feel after this baby arrives.

I do love big families and believe that every child is a blessing, so I hope everyone who wants another gets him or her!
Lotsakids likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't want to rule it out for sure. I think I should wait until I know what it's like with 5 before I decide. Hypothetically, I want more, but it remains to be seen if I can HANDLE more.
HalfDozen likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
February 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am baking number 10, and really hope God still has more in mind for us

But we firmly believe when we are complete, God will give us that complete feeling that most couples feel after 2 or 3

I am 38 and will be almost 39 when this little muffin is born. Pregnancy certainly isn't getting any easier, but thankfully I have a great hubby and kids who help a lot.
Lotsakids likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 1000% done. Done, done, done.
February 4th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just don't know.
February 4th, 2013, 06:53 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think this one is our last (I think)
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

February 4th, 2013, 07:05 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I secretly hope for more but four is the number we agreed on a long time ago and I don't see DH budging..
February 4th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think part of me secretly wishes someone will drop off a little girl for me to adopt, but I'm never going to be pg again, and I'm not all that excited about doing the newborn thing-I'm gonna be 40 this July, both of us work two jobs, so busy transporting kidlets to and fro. I think if I didn't work, homeschooled and had a money tree, I'd have ten. I've got to think about taking down the crib soon, and I'm so ready. I can't wait until Joey's in preschool in two years, not because it'll buy me more freedom, but because I'm ready to move out of the diaper/tantrum phase and am ready to watch them grow up and smarter and bigger and have adventures. I just know I'm done.
Jenilope likes this.
February 4th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're done. I love all the kids, but it's hard, too. If I'm completely honest if I had it to do all over again, I would have stopped at 2. I know the 6 I have are the ones God intended for us to have, and our family is complete.

I think I'm just frustrated at the lack of enthusiasm from grandparents to spend time with their grandkids. I feel like my kids are missing out.

February 5th, 2013, 06:54 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'm done after this one!!!!!!!!

That being said, ya never know. Every time I say, "I'm done" here comes another one. Dh and my mom both want me to get "fixed" but I have read some many "horror" stories, I think I'll pass on that.

Isn't it supposed to get harder to get pg when you get this old?? I mean all the "experts" swear that statistically the chances of a 40 yo woman getting pregnant any given month are small, so I should be good.....right. LMAO. Besides, shouldn't I be like "pre"menopausal or something?? The experts can't be wrong!! hahahahaha
Lotsakids and Jenilope like this.
#12 is on the way
February 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Many ladies get pregnant during perimenopause because they think they are infertile already. You're not considered infertile til you have not had a period for 12 consecutive months

I am not done. I am enjoying Weston right now though.

February 5th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'd have 10 more babies if it meant not being pregnant. So because of that I am beyond done. My oldest are getting to the age were I can be a grandma....I'll wait for that.
February 5th, 2013, 10:43 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I know, Beth. I'm just saying that all the experts swear its so hard for us "older" ladies to get pregnant, that based on their expertise I shouldn't even need birth control at my old age. The fact at almost 40 I can even get pg so easily is a "miracle."

It's all so silly. My grandma had her last baby at 42, but she was pg again, and miscarried, at almost 45. My mom is almost 60 and is just now in menopause.

I don't want permanent birth control, or anything hormonal, but the options, IMO, suck for women. Everything has a side effect. I don't take meds and I don't intend to start messing with my hormones at 40. Guess the hubby better look in to getting snipped.
#12 is on the way
February 5th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't mind another little boy but it's not happening. Dh gets annoyed if I even tease about it. It's ok though because I don't really feel disappointed about it...more indifferent. I'd be ok if it happened and ok if it doesn't. It's a pretty good place to be.
February 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Veteran
We are still waiting to adopt a little girl.

I want to wait until we get her and then have one or two more.
February 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am totally done, I knew I would be while I was pg with #5. I feel like I can handle the 5 well, without being overwhelmed (well, I think everyone is occasionally) and still gives us the time and resources to have fun with our own kids, and be able to invest in other kids.

Also, now that I'm totally and completely out of that stage, no way I'd want to go back. I loved having a bunch of little ones, but I'm really enjoying everyone at this age.
February 7th, 2013, 07:59 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Well, 4 was supposed to be "it" for us. I had been begging for another one for almost 10 years, and he finally gave in and said that the 4th was it. So, I agreed. I'm of the firm belief that I would never intentionally get pregnant if my hubby wasn't willing because that just sets you up for disaster from the beginning.

#4 was a rougher pregnancy that normal for me, and my worst delivery so I agreed wholeheartedly with his intention to get snipped. We had a consultation, and he even had an appointment set. But then he cancelled it. I think he's chicken!! And, here we are having #5.

This pregnancy has been so easy compared to my last one, and really easier than any of my others, I think. At the same time, we ARE getting older, and I don't like the risks associated with that. It's already like we have 2 different families because our 3 oldest are so much older. I guess we'll see how we both feel after this one is born. We have been joking with our girls about just having 6, and they are horror-stricken by that thought!

February 8th, 2013, 08:37 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
No..im pregnant now and hoping to be done. I can finally say that Im truly done after a looooong time not knowing for sure how I would know...but I am done and thank god for all my blessings.

I will add though that Dh and I just met with the consultant and she said that the whole " advanced maternal age" thing at 35 is over exaggerated. Im 40 and thankfully after my time with her she determined that we only have a 2% of tris, DS and what ever others are included.

Best wishes to all who are still hoping for another and to those who are blessed with any suprises!!
February 8th, 2013, 04:11 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want one more! We have a 16 yr old, 14 yr old, 10 yr old, and 1 yr old. I would love another. And I would love for our 1 yr old to have a sibling close in age. Plus I love babies, and am missing his baby stage already!! And if I could have a girl next time that would be even better

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search