I just can't get a break

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie
  • 1 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 2 Post By clouise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have had a really tough week. Nothing major...just little things adding up. Sick kids, car trouble, etc. We are finally moving this week. We got the keys to our new place today, are slowly going to be bringing things over, and then on Saturday we are getting a uhaul for the big stuff.

I thought the sickness was gone, but no. My two year old has started in on the stomach flu. I don't even know what to do. Am I really going to drive a barfing toddler 30 minutes, back and forth, back and forth? She would be so unhappy! And probably get sick on our stuff. On the other hand we are on a tight schedule. As of today we are paying rent on the two places, and each place is almost $100 a day. So I need to get my stuff out, clean this place, and turn in the keys. There is just so much to be done.

Please pray for good health for my family this week, as well as a smooth move. I know we will get through it, but it seems pretty overwhelming right now.
February 13th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there anyone who can take the kids for you? Even for half a day? Praying for healing and a smooth move!
Farmers-wife likes this.

Lucky mother to five!

February 14th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not really, and especially not with them being sick. However, this weekend we have family coming into town. My two BIL's are going to help move, and my MIL is coming to help with the kids. So help is on the way! I just have to keep pushing through until Saturday. And I hope we are all better by then because I don't want to make anyone else siclk. Not with the stomach flu....ugh.
February 14th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Oh dear, that is terrible timing! I hope she feels better soon and that the help coming gets the move done quickly and smoothly!

February 14th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ugh that is crappy, kids always have a way of getting sick at the worst time. Hopefully it stops with her and is fairly short lived. Otherwise do everything that has to be done in the house and move it all this weekend.
February 14th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope she gets better soon and that that'll be the end of the sickies. Hope you're settled in to your new place in no time too.
February 14th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry. Can you spend time packing up during the day and when dh gets home one of you drive?
Momtothe6thpower likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking along the same lines as Fw. Let ther baby rest...hopefully it will be over in 24 hrs. You could single out one room at a time, pack it up then clean it, then move on to the next room. Your dh can more it or you can wait and do one big move when everyone is there to help.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

February 14th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope she's starting to feel better today and you're made lots of progress!

February 14th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies. Today was so much better than yesterday. For one thing the sun was out and it was 50 degrees! Last night I was at the new house by myself trying to unload in the rain, and then it started to snow. I slipped in the mud, and I was thinking "I'll never make it through this move." Today was better though. Katy is still under the weather, but I think she will be okay tomorrow. Now if the rest of us can just stay healthy. You're rught FW...we are trying to divide and conquer.

In other good news, my dh ordered us a new mattress today! It is giving delivered to the new place tomorrow. I am so excited. Our old mattress is terrible..it is so bent in the middle I can't even get the fitted sheets to stay on anymore. The new one will be so nice.
February 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for new mattresses! That will be nice. Glad you are making progress. Sorry it is so cold though. I want to die here!
February 18th, 2013, 12:28 PM
are you all moved??

Lucky mother to five!

February 20th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, we are in the new house. Things have continued to be a struggle. The weather was terrible. I fell ill...the sickest I have been in a long long time. To sick to even force myself up out of the bed. Luckily that was only for a day and a half, although I am not 100% yet. Matt's Jeep broke down (again) so he is in my van and I have no car. Today is the final day for the old house...dh is doing a few last things and then our inspection/sign-out is at 11. Then I will finally have some much needed help unpacking at this house.

Now for the good part - we love it so much. It is a great house, and I love the neighborhood and the town too. Once we get through this moving mess I know we will really enjoy it here.
Just_Marie and mom2many2010 like this.
February 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM
I am so glad its done, and that you love the house!

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search