This very experienced board of mamas must know!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would not want my ob to do it. Plus for me all 10 of my babies have been vaginal and I can't imagine at least hope I wouldn't ever need a c section.
Sonja mama to 10
6 girls 4 boys 25 years- 4 months
"Emma Faith" 11/2/12 8lbs 11oz 19inches
AND.....Granny to 1 boy and 2 girls
March 2nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ View Post
I've gotta say that I'm pretty sure this is an old wives tale. Having attended many c-sections and studied the procedure at length, there is not time or the resources available to give a proper tummy tuck. I could see maybe dealing with a little bit of extra skin, but there will be no mending of muscles and no actual repair. Plus, the uterus is still at the level of the belly button at the time of delivery and it would be impossible to get great results. I'd say that if a care provider was advertising this, then run. OBs are not trained in this sort of surgery and that sounds like a marketing gimmick.
well it doesnt sound like an old wives tale to me if its actually be done! and its NOT a tummy tuck its like a skin tightening thing or something. Logical sense would tell me that a "tummy tuck" would not be good timing during a c-section!

Im still going to talk to my doc about though and although Im very thankful for all my children, I still would not mind getting a little help with my tummy as long as it doesnt interfere with anything else and there were no other complications.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search