freaking out

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mamato4andc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 08:53 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
for those not on f/b:

shaking like a freaking leaf right now. was out walking tegan and heading towards home and saw that there was a HUGE coyote or wolf directly across the street from my house. he saw us ads started to stare us down. I picked up tegan, praying she would not bark and made my way to the front door as fast as I could and it watched me intently. got inside and tried to take a picture but my hands were shaking too hard - I kept hitting wrong buttons. he stayed right there directly across the street for like a full minute after I got inside, staring at our house. then he left and went down into the water drainage/creek area. dang!!! and I was gonna take a branding iron with me today for the first time and forgot. won't forget next time -- if there is a next time.

~~terre~~
March 5th, 2013, 09:41 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Oh woow...that would be scary. When we lived in the UK we would have foxes run around, in the front and down the street. it is frightening.

Glad you and your pup made in safely!
March 5th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Yikes! Growing up we lived in the country and those coyotes and wolves tend to be pretty hungry this time of year and get a little more aggressive. I'm glad you guys are safe and that you have a plan to protect yourselves on your next walk. I would have been shaken, too!

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

March 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Our coyotes tend to stay away from people, or look at us with a curious stare. this does remind me of a few nights ago though.

Usually one of the older kids is here to take the dogs out for their last walk, but they weren't. So I put Ace on his leash and we head out. We get to were we park the cars, when out of the blue we start to hear yipping. It was so close that it startled me, which startled Ace. He looked up at me, ran over to a car, took a quick pee and ran me back down to the car.

When I came back I told the hubby they were close and that Ace ran me back to the house, he thought the dog was being a chicken, but I told him I thought that Ace reacted to my reaction, recognized it scared me and took me home lol

I'm actually not afraid of the coyotes, but it was dead silence out there and then boom they are all yipping.
March 5th, 2013, 11:13 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! That is really scary!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Be careful. I think one of my cats was carried off by a coyote when we lived in Connecticut. They were starting to prey on dogs and cats in the area.
March 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Very scary!!
March 5th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran
I grew up being told coyotes weren't really a danger to humans. Unless, of course, they're rabid.
Once when I was a teen I was walking the trails on my grandpa's land and a coyote popped out of the bushes. It was the first time I'd actually seen one. I stood still and watched as it ran ahead of me, paused, turned and just "looked" at me. After a few seconds it took off.
Now if it was a wolf I would've hightailed it out of there!
March 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Thankfully????? the only coyote encounter I've had had was...I was walking through my dining room to the living room and glanced out the bay windows overlooking the ravine out the back. We have a walkout basement that is visible from those windows and a coyote was sitting on the flat spot as if surveying his domain overlooking all that was in the ravine. Thankfully, I have not seen any since.
March 5th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Veteran
Do you hear them howling at night, mommy? When I lived at my dad's I used to love the sound of them howling.
March 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Veteran
Stay safe! Coyotes, wolfs, mountain lions,ect are my biggest fears which is sad because one of my favorite places that i would love to retire to is Julian or Boulevard, Ca.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
March 6th, 2013, 10:02 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We have a ton of them here, we live near the river and coyotes and wolves hunt there a lot. We always hear them howling at night, but none have come on our property yet, thankfully!
March 15th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Forget the branding iron, take a rifle or a handgun.

Lurker here.
March 15th, 2013, 06:46 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG Very scary.
We had a coyote in our backyard numerous times. It jumps the fence and comes in AND it jumps back out. Chain link fence and its like 8 feet high. We have 2 Pomeranians and a cat. I get so scared. We have a ravine down the road, I assume it lives there.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

March 25th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
So very scary!