I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2073Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am set up at our house. No place to put anything, stuff everywhere, too many people, too many things. Have no clue what to do about any of it. Except the boys room. I seem to have a slight handle on that.
March 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well yay for at least the boys room. it will all fall into place soon. what is the situation with the addition? is it a go?

~~terre~~
March 22nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Make them let it fall in place, while you sip wine and watch them.

I'm getting Insanity workout videos. I refuse to get fat(ter) while I am pg.
#12 is on the way
March 22nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Hello large family ladies!

It's Friday, which is date day. DH and I went to BW3s to watch his school stink up the basketball tournament.
Got home and the big kids were playing in the tub, house was clean and baby was napping--perfect!
Tonight should be good, DH is home for the day already goofing off with the kids and I just have to do a little laundry, watch TV and write up some instructions for my dad and step mom who will be watching the kids as DH and I drive out to RI for a couple days to meet our niece.

Amira--that's so nice about the cookies! What a wonderful welcoming touch!

Repti--sounds like you're getting quite a lot done! Too bad about the lice, I hope you got anything that might have been there and don't have to continue treatments. And good luck getting your postage refunded!

MIL--sorry you've been feeling cranky. good luck with the house hunt!

Mom^6th--so sad about those girls. Thoughts and prayers to them, their families and your town.

UM--sorry about the 7lbs and no cupcake! I hope baby girl is doing well.

Mom to four beautiful girls

March 22nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,
dh has been home for a few days so I haven't been able to keep up as well as usual. Hope everyone is well.
Dh and ds2 are weighing in for the pinewood derby which is tomorrow.
We are interviewing/meeting a hopeful new cleaning lady tomorrow. In the process, we have found a few new hopeful babysitters. Never can have too many. If dh can stay in town for a min. we might actually get to go out.
March 22nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
I am having grilled chicken, broccoli and spaghetti squash for dinner. Kids had pizza. Dh is having fish sandwiches.

Have a good weekend everyone!!
#12 is on the way
March 22nd, 2013, 05:11 PM
geez jen -- you runnin' a restaurant???

we are going out tonight. not sure where yet but out it is. i need a attitude adjustment so it starts with a nice dinner out.

~~terre~~
March 22nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so jealous about the Insanity dvd's! I want them so bad!! I hear it really is insane though so don't push to hard just yet.

Watching Rise of the Guardians tonight for movie night. I'm so ready for warm weather so we can get out on our family nights. I need some drive in movies and mini golf...baseball and fireworks...oh, how I miss summer!
March 22nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Rise of the Guardians is a great movie. I actually enjoyed it...for a kids cartoon.

We had french bread pizza for dinner. Kids favorite meal.

It's super windy and super cold. I'm am so ready for anything other then wind and cold.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
dinner tonight was at a local bar so we could watch march madness. of course that is not how it was presented to me but hey....now i am taking my slightly tipsy self to bed while he watched the second half. good night all. several house to look at tomorrow baseball at 1:30. busy day.

~~terre~~
March 22nd, 2013, 09:16 PM
I sorted boy clothes.
March 23rd, 2013, 05:20 AM
Going to take Zay and Marquay to lunch and the movies today. I think we are going to see The Croods.
#12 is on the way
March 23rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Yay for sorted clothes. That's almost always have the battle.

MIL, hope you slept good and have a good day. Good luck.

UM, let me know how the movie is. My kids want to see it, but I am not a fan of kids cartoons and dread the idea of taking them. So let me know if it's one I might be able to handle lol

I got some Easter things yesterday. I got Vanna and Kailyn matching dresses, they are both excited. Then I got Vanna's 'basket', it's really a canvas bag, she's big into bags right now. She wanted this pre-made crayola basked, so I went a little further. I got her a journal, crayons, markers, and some coloring books. Then I got her fabric paints and markers and grabbed a pair of white canvas shoes for her to decorate. Kailyn I got one of those big sand bucket set's, we have a huge sandbox but quit putting sand in it cause the cats would use it as a litter box. Now that the cat's are not an issue. I want to fill it up again.

I still have the boys, Cole's gonna be a little harder this year so I'm thinking some things for his BB gun and Air soft rifle...Aiden will be easy. then I need candy, and to find all of my plastic eggs. My adult kids still enjoy a good egg hunt lol. I'll get them a little something also, don't know what yet though.

Today will be busy. I need to a dump run, I hate dump runs. Then I want to go help Sam get the house she is moving into ready. I'm hoping her car will be done today also...hoping. Then she wants to go shopping for bedding. She was going to go buy a new bed but Ben (her ex's brother that kept Layla and who she is moving in with) said he had a bed she could have. So now she can splurge a little on her room. She's going to have 2 guys as roommates. Her boyfriend was a little nervous at first till he met them. She has been friends with them for years, she only see's them as brothers. He saw that and now thinks it's a good idea.
March 23rd, 2013, 08:29 AM
I am not a fan of cartoon movies either.

My kids are getting one Easter bowl of candy to share.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 23rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rise of the Guardians made me cry. Hoping to watch the Croods at the drive in, eventually.

Just egg hunts, candy and dinner for Easter here.

Doing the same domesticated stuff today that I do everyday.
March 23rd, 2013, 11:35 AM
we are doing Easter on saturday at my son/DIL's house. turkey, (that reminds me - i need to get it out of the freezer and into the fridge to defrost) and ham and i don't know what else. haven't decided what little goodies the grands are getting from us but i do know i am definitely NOT playing easter bunny this year.

might have found a house!!! actually there are two that we really like - one is smaller than where we are now and has a nice yard and one is huge with an amazing backyard. still not sure if we will move right away or stay here a while. just gonna pray more and wait on the Lord to direct.

i haven't had time to really talk to joel since we looked -- he is with wyatt preparing for his ball game. i, on the other hand, feel like i have a bit of the stomach flu or food poisoning. vomiting last night and cramps and lots of potty visits today. i hope that with rest, i will feel better before tonight. we had a romantic night out planned.

~~terre~~
March 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Feel better Terre.

I can't decide if I feel like doing a big Easter dinner. Turkey was on sale for .69 cents at the grocery store. Maybe. Then I always feel like I have to do an "all-out, all the sides" kinda dinner with it. That equals lots of work for me.

Quiet here today, all but Canaan, Zay and the two oldest are gone until tomorrow.
#12 is on the way
March 23rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
i think i am feeling much better after spending several hours in bed resting. i am even hungry right now....exceptionally so!

~~terre~~
March 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Glad to hear you feel better.

Spent the day at the house we were in. A friend came to get a microwave and shower curtain and we got to talk for a while. Did more boy clothes sorting and trying on and pitching. I think I will take more stuff to goodwill than move back here. Have most of the kitchen done.

We are going forward with the addition until someone tells me no. Got new plans worked up with our builder. He has been over here with subs getting some info. I am calling the bank on Monday. We had to be living here to apply. I don't know why.
March 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
No big dinner here, unless the MIL does one. I've never done the big dinner thing.

We got Sam's car, but it isn't fixed. He told us to come and get it till Monday, he know's it means I am stuck at home without a vehicle. He said it's already broke, and isn't going to just stop working so Sam could drive it, and if she does break down she can call him and he'll go get her. They also gave her another tire free of charge, which was nice cause her's was always going flat yet no one could find the problem.

We went and got her stuff for her house, I just got her some food. Then I went back and helped her clean the kitchen. Two men in one house=very, very dirty. It's an old house and could really use some paint, but it's clean.

Then I had a realization. While I will Sam, and I miss Lupan, the one thing I'm really going to miss is Ace, her dog. He's been with me 24/7 since he was a little pup, and he is very much a 'grandma's' boy. I actually cried

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search