I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2497Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have stuff to get done around here yet, but my body just feels sluggish today. I just want to sit on the couch and do nothing.

September 26th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've read everyone's posts, but don't know if I can remember who posted what..

SO he's what I DO remember!

MIL - you look great!
Repti, good luck to your little one and his eye surgery. Glad my kids aren't the only ones that fight, kick, pinch, poke, etc. Wonder if we'd save on shipping if we went in together to send them to China?
m2m - suck it up (HA HA just kidding!) I'll trade you mine for yours. I'll break the bottle habit, you potty train. Please.
FW - how cool that your kids are trying to be extras for the next Hunger Games! I'm almost jealous!
UM, I hope she got to sleep. I can't comment on the age difference. I was 17 and my boyfriend now husband was 25. I was 4 months away from being 18. Difference is, my mom knew who my DH was and she knew how old he was and I asked her about taking him to a homecoming dance. I didn't tell her we were having sex.
~mommy~ if we lived close enough, I'd take care of your children so you could have your trip with DH.
UrbanMomma likes this.

September 26th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You were with your dh at 17 and then again later? Sweet!

Don't be too jealous bm8. I haven't heard from them, so I doubt they are chosen.

Funeral tomorrow. I'm going with my friend who was good friends with the woman. It will be so sad.
September 26th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like your friend is going to need you fw.

Funny how your perspectives on age difference changes, I wouldn't have thought much of it back when, but I wouldn't like my dd dating someone much older, maybe too because that would make him close in age to me.

I am muddling through the worst bookkeeping month ever, it's when we sold our cows and milk quota....67 transactions to do, and it's got plenty of straight forward ones, but just enough really complicated ones.
September 26th, 2013, 02:11 PM
My dad and I had an agreement back in the day that we wouldn't date anyone older than him/younger than me. When I was 17 we both were dating someone 23. That was weird.
September 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM
FW, he wasn't my DH when I was 17 LOL but we married 2 years later.

and I need some creative discipline advice. Yesterday found out my boys had destroyed my Sunflowers (mammoth ones) I didn't really discipline them but told them I was hurt and disappointed.

Today they picked and ate every. last. pear off both pear trees! I was livid! So I told them they have to write 100 x's I won't pick mom's pears. They are REALLY mad at me!

September 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I think writing standards will help let it sink in, plus some extra chores to pay for what they did.
September 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Based on recent posts, I have a brilliant idea
bm8 and m2m~ come for a visit, WITH all of ur dc.
I will travel with dh and ya'll will....knock out all bad bottle habits (including my own dc )
You will also potty train anyone who isn't
Meanwhile ALL of our older dc will be recruited to teach ALL of our younger dc how to tie their shoes.
Anyone else want to join????
September 27th, 2013, 04:44 AM
~mommy~ I would totally take you up on that. I have a 5 and 8 yr old that need to learn to tie shoes. I see only one problem. Either m2m and I will be tied up and in a closet (if not in straight jackets) or we'll have duct taped the kids

September 27th, 2013, 05:43 AM
I would have gone into their room, taken a toy, and ripped it into pieces. You destroy my stuff, I destroy yours.

Maybe I should do writing for Sydney. Start at 50 when she pinches, and up it by 50 daily until she fricken' knocks it off. Or start pinching her back.
Babymakes8 likes this.

September 27th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Oh they already lost all their toys. Took those away, told them to work to earn them back. My 10 yr old told me he doesn't care about our stuff because we don't care about his. I flipping LOST it! I said "what do you mean I don't care about your stuff? Who breaks your stuff up?" he said "I do" and I said "who gets mad when you break it up?" he replied "You do" and I said "**** right because I'm the one who pays for it and you tear it up!"

September 27th, 2013, 06:15 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have no good ideas or solutions. Matter of fact I am pretty sure I just suck at this whole parenting thing. I want simple problems again. The problems just get bigger as they do. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
HalfDozen likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
September 27th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Parenting can be such a challenge! I think writing lines is a great idea.

There's no school for the kids today. We are going camping/quadding later today. For those of you that think that it's too cold up here to go camping at this time of year, I wholeheartedly agree. But we'll dress warm, the sun is supposed to be out and it's a beautiful time of year.
September 27th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Getting ready for the funeral. The viewing/visitation was last night, but I don't go to those. Only if the person or bereaved is super close to me. I would go to you guys viewing.
September 27th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I have an endless supply of duct tape......we'd be fine BM8 lol

UM I hear you on the problems only getting bigger as they get bigger. Makes late nights with an infant seem like a cake walk.

FW, I don't go to viewings either. That's not how I want to remember the person. I'd go to everyone's also.

So no bottle for Kailyn, but I did cave and get a sippy cup. She was fine with that and I wasn't awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night.
September 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I believe no time of year is good for camping. I don't do outside like that.

I don't like viewings or funerals. To me viewings are more like social gatherings around a dead body.....ummm yeah, fun.

Back to work Monday at 4am.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
September 27th, 2013, 03:29 PM
The funeral was oddly bland. No crying, not even any talking. A lady sang (somewhat badly but I think that is impolite) and the pastor of that church talked. A friend of hers got up and spoke, it was the most personal aspect of the service. She spoke to the daughter directly and said her mom was amazing, but just couldn't hold on any more. Even though she was well known for fitness training and encouraging others to do one more, go once more, try one more time. She just couldn't do it herself.

There was a brief reception where I spoke to her father and her husbands mother (whose husband killed himself 6 weeks ago). They were why I went. It started at 11 and I was meeting my husband at 12:15 for lunch. It's like they just want the whole thing to be over. This is what she wanted, let's move on. Does that seem ok?
September 27th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
um no, that seems weird to me after just attending a funeral this week myself. the ceremony on the base was at 9:15, the memorial at church was at 10:30 and the reception was still going at 1pm when I had to leave.
Farmers-wife likes this.

~~terre~~
September 28th, 2013, 07:35 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Lots to catch up, and I only remember a few highlights. Mainly, I would say the age difference isn't a big deal, UM, BUT I agree with mommy that at 15, it is. I know it's only a couple of years between 15 & 17, but I wouldn't have let my daughter date an 18-year-old at 15, but this summer (at 16 1/2), I didn't have an issue with it.

I'm not a big fan of funerals because I'm always such an emotional wreck, whether I know them or not. And I used to work with someone who always reminded me that the first three letters of funeral spell FUN. She was a little different.

I'm trying to decide what to do work-wise. I turned in my resignation, and they came back and offered me 16 hours to do only the higher-level stuff that I have and then put all the other stuff I'm responsible for onto different people. I just don't know.....Like mommy, my hubby is gone for days at a time when he works. So, it would be good to not have to worry about day care, etc., but at the same time, maybe I need a small sanity break. And part-time jobs seem very difficult to come by.
UrbanMomma likes this.

New picture in progress......
September 28th, 2013, 10:51 AM
the only time I cried at a funeral was my uncle. Was my aunts husband, so not even close to me. It happened because I had a horrible horrible stuffy nose and my eyes would not stop watering, and then the granddaughter went up there and she said that she couldn't wait to go camping with grandpa again, and I had a few tears, then they just wouldn't stop. It was so stupid.

Had a great date night with the husband last night, today I went to the farmer's market and got some egg rolls to go with our sweet and sour chicken, and we are having company later. Just need to do the kitchen and rinse diapers a few more times then hang them on the line. Hubby was slightly hung over this morning lol
He's at a civil war reenactment with Noah and our friend Chris.
UrbanMomma likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search