I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2351Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I read about everybodys lives here and I think I am abnormal. Like you all have friends, or date nights, or go places with the kids. We do nothing, ever. I have no friends except dh, and we never have date nights.

I miss my two oldest sons because they were my buddies.... I feel like I was closer to them maybe because I was young when I had them, I don't know, but now they are pretty much gone.

I am tired all the time and overwhelmed with housework and child care, and now I get to go back to work.

I'm pretty unhappy with how crappy my 11 babies later body looks. blah. My dh makes me nervous, I'm angry all the time.....

ughhhh. I need to get a life, but I can't afford one.

ohhhh #5.....I'd probably do the part time job thing.
#12 is on the way
September 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You need to make time for each other. Our date nights don't always cost something. We just go for a walk. There HAS to be a park, or beach, or a walmart or SOMETHING you could make your ending destination. lol Just walk til you get there, then walk back. Maybe stop and get a soda once and a while at the walmart. Of course you would have to put faith in "baby sitting" to your oldest that is still at home. Noah does great. Jayde and Sydney can even do it, if they are the only ones here. Like today Jayde was at a sleepover still, Noah with Rob, so Sydney watched Weston and Bastian, and I took RJ and Becca with to the bread pantry, and the farmers market. Mostly I just wanted someone to carry the stuff lol.

Why does your DH make you nervous?

September 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Thats just some dumb junk that is all in my head really.
#12 is on the way
September 29th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last show of little shop of horrors today. It is a great show and practically no one came. I guess I have a lot to learn about marketing and advertising. We have had good audiences this weekend, but we lost a ton of money. Good thing it isn't mine.
September 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I hope it was a good showing FW. The pics look fantastic!

Where is everyone?

Had my FIL's birthday, my MIL made an edible meal so we were all pleased. It's 50/50 with her lol

Sams boyfriend was a good boyfriend and fixed her car. It still had problems after the last time it was in the shop, but a couple a hundred dollars later (which he paid for..awwww..) and it purrs. She is so HAPPY!

That's pretty much it around here.
September 29th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Quiet weekend here. Hopefully that means everyone was out having fun with their families.
September 30th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Sunday Rob got out of the house, screwed around with the boat for a while, then we raked some leaves, and he cut the grass. Mostly I just rake the road, we have a bagger on the mower. We put the kids to bed and went for a walk. It was really calm and very nice out. Supposed to be in the 70's all week, maybe even 80 one day!
Rob's got jury duty AGAIN today. This is his last week, he's had to go three times out of 9 so far. Of course it happens on the day that he planned on closing out on 27 hours worth of work. There is another trial scheduled for Thursday. HOPEFULLY he doesn't have to go, because he always gets excused, and $12.00 for a whole half day of work lost doesn't cut it.

September 30th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a fairly busy weekend. Saturday was the United Peafowl Association convention that I was hired to make the cake for. Since my friends were hosting it they invited us to stay. I was paid $100. Spent it on gas, dog food, chicken food, and some groceries.

Sunday we worked outside all day. Told the kids that if they helped us finish tear down of the rotted coop and work on clean up all day (with breaks) we'd let them watch Ironman 3 last night even though it was a school night plus pay them each $5. That was all it took, and they not only got the rest of the old coop torn down, but the old pig box, too from our potbelly pig we used to own. DH and I set up a big fire and burned it all down in a pile. Fire is still smoldering this morning so we're going to go out and pile more junk on it to burn today. I plan to pay the kids a little extra because they did a super job.

Today the older kids are back to school, so DH and I are going to do more yard work/clean up.

September 30th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's the best way to get a big job done! I bet it feels good to have it all cleaned up.

The quadding trip was fun, we were in the mountains and it's so nice up there. I knew it wasn't going to be warm, but a few times it was very cold and I hadn't thought there was going to be snow on the ground some places we went. I pulled our camper, for the first time ever, and I live to tell the tale.

It's gloomy here, not so inspiring to get things done.
September 30th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Yep, back to the Monday routine!

Sounds like the kids were a big help. I know my kids would love doing something like that too. It's not ordinary chores, and you get to spend time with dad!

Washing our bedding today, probably boys tomorrow, girls weds, then Bastian and Sydney have their chiro apt later at 4:30.

September 30th, 2013, 07:57 AM
I wish I had taken before pics of what a mess it was behind the coops. This morning Dh and I went out and did some more picking up and mowed down all the over growth. Most of the biggest stuff we had pulled out by hand yesterday (with the kids help). We've been out there for about an hour, and it just looks so nice now. Still have a trash pile burning down, and more to go on it, but I'm already seeing a huge improvement and I'm thrilled. Next area of clean up will be the mini barn by the driveway and our garage. And I want to stage some flower beds/landscape around the garage and house. Just need to remember to take before pics.

September 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh was laid off Friday. Just before open enrollment for insurance through his job. I totally called it!
September 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear that Cortney!

Glad everyone had a good weekend, made some money, enjoyed the weather and got some work done.

I went back to work today. First one done on the line, it was like I wasn't even gone.They missed me.
#12 is on the way
September 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Good job!

I'm at the mcds with 3&7 for lunch. They helped me sweep up the stage after the puppets and turntable thing were taken back to the colleges we borrowed them from. Next grocery shopping. Then tonight piano for me and football for 4,5.
September 30th, 2013, 04:56 PM
My kids just finished their dinners and are heading to bed. Now I'm fixing to eat my dinner and go take a bath.
UrbanMomma likes this.

October 1st, 2013, 08:46 AM
Iam practicing piano. And the dh comes out and starts trying to do it, too, show me how, etc. I'm all get out!
October 1st, 2013, 09:04 AM
Jayde brought home a violin. I'm sure I'll get real sick of that sound soon lol!

Weston's 1 yr checkup was today. He's growing, and stuff. I don't know why I even go to them lol
UrbanMomma and mom2many2010 like this.

October 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Sorry, Cortney!!! That stinks. If you lived closer to me, he could have my job, but our benefits stink!

I decided I'm definitely quitting my job. I met with my boss this morning. It's sad to leave, but after clarifying with my hubby that this is definitely until the youngest is in school, I feel better. Onward & upward!

October 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM
I am so hungry. Dh is cutting hair and Evaani is being needy, so no lunch for me now.
#12 is on the way
October 1st, 2013, 05:26 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I played the Viola....my mom made me go outside and bought herself earplugs lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search