I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2494Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those shound good, what's the recipe for the quiches?

October 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Peek-a-boo
October 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I see you.
October 6th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So now my friend wants to talk to me about our daughters. Apparently they aren't getting along. Mine swears she hasn't done anything to the girl, not talked bad about her to others, but has just been avoiding her and not making nice. It started in July when the other girl slapped her in the face for saying a bad word. Only she didn't say a bad word, but even if she did, she should not have slapped her. So my daughter has just been avoiding her, not being friendly, not replying to email, etc. so this girls mom, who is a good friend of mine, calls me sweet or so ago to ask if their family has offended ours in any way. I said no. But then I brought up the slap and said the only reason i didn't bring it to her before is because my daughter asked me not to. So the last couple of days we have been trying to arrange a time for us to get together to talk about it. Finally I asked who she wanted in this conversation and she said just her and me. I thought how is her kid going to apologize to mine if they aren't there, but ok. So we are meeting tomorrow to talk about this. I drilled my kid again about is there anything she needed to tell me. She stands by her position. I said ok.

Why can't women be more like men?
October 7th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Just drop it, or punch each other, and get over it, and never bring it up again? lol

October 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I think after a certain age parents should try to stay out of it.
UrbanMomma likes this.
October 7th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah tell me about it. When I was in 8th grade my parents switched all my classes so that I would not be with one friend that they thought was a bad influence. One of my only two friends at the time. They wouldn't let me see her out of school either. And they wonder why I have attachment issues. They're lucky that nothing worse came of me besides being pretty promiscuous from 9th grade til I met my husband, and being super excessively attached (to the point where I make up things in my head ocd style about what might happen to them, or is happening to them when they are not in my direct line of sight) to people in a very short amount of time. Then *I* am the one who ends up getting hurt most of the time, because not everyone became my best friend or lifelong boyfriend after the first day I met them and I thought we had a connection.

But annnnnnyyyywayyyyy lol
UrbanMomma and Babymakes8 like this.

October 7th, 2013, 10:49 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Quiches were just about one head of cooked, chopped broccoli, 1/2 onion chopped, crumbled sausage, shredded cheese, slat n pepper. I used 6 eggs and a shot of heavy cream, beat it up and mixed it all together. It made a dozen little muffins.

I think parents should butt out by the time kids are in Kindergarten unless it is physically or severely emotionally harmful to not step in.

I'm cold.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
October 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I completely agree. I'm only going because she is my friend. Also, she is very very busy, traveling, working, etc all the time, so I feel like if she wants to take this time, she must have something important she wants to say to me. So I will give her my time and attention. Personally, I think her daughter is a spoiled brat and I don't like the way she talks/treats my girls. But I would never tell her that. My girls have figured it out on their own. The twin brother is cool though.
UrbanMomma likes this.
October 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Did you have to use muffin liners? or did they just pop out?

October 7th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are a good friend fw. Life lesson: if you slap your friend she probably won't want to be your friend anymore.

My phone apps finally updated after 2 weeks, I figured it out. I think it was God's way to keep me off of fb on my phone and stop my candy crush addiction.

It's a beautiful fall day here. I'm stuck inside doing some much needed bathroom cleaning, but it looks like a nice day to be outside doing stuff.
October 7th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Just use some cooking spray and they pop right out. I am going to try bacon and mushrooms too.

My 17 yo niece got caught in the park with her boyfriend getting hot n heavy. the police gave them tickets for disorderly conduct and loitering.
October 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry, but if one of my kids came home and told me their friend said I was a slaggy cow I would probably laugh. The difference in bad language from country to country is amazing lol.

I think a lot of my kids friends parents are pos'es but I keep my mouth shut. In person lol

October 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I may be a little to verbal on what I think of people in front of my kids. I will work on that. It is exhausting working so hard to be good.
Babymakes8 and HalfDozen like this.
October 8th, 2013, 08:27 AM
If I had to watch what I say in front of the kids all the time, I might as well just take a vow of silence. So occasionally they may hear something they shouldn't. I'm no saint.
October 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I'm just lucky Sebastian is the only one who swears sometimes lol His last ones, which are somewhat comical, at walmart he was yelling at me that he didn't want to buy ANNYYY MORE SHIIIIIIIII******... Then he told me he couldn't help me clean the living room because it was a big f'in mess. lol oops At least he uses the words right.

October 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
yah well im a saint.....

and just spell them out !!!
no, but ive had a few slips too but thankfully the kids were/are to young to catch it and I tried to cover it up lool...

Had an interesting conversation regarding dtd and having alot of kids in the house but think i will put on the forum side so Im not taking up space but Im really wondering what others take on the subject is.

DD1 is sick and missed school yesterday and today I think she has strep throat, cus her fever is 102 so may be taking her into the doc later,
October 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Typically if it's just a sore throat and a fever it's strep. If there is ANY cough, or stuffyness then it's a cold. Strep sucks. I had it in June. That's seriously the only sickness I get. I think some people are more prone to it than others.

October 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
yeah just sore throat...I know I was prone to getting it every couple of months so I finally had my tonsils removed and it took about 10-12 yrs before I got it again and then havent had it since.

we have thought about getting hers too , also because she snores.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search