I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2091Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Welcome Jessmgt! It's sad, but I don't really remember all that much. I think I only really cramped for the first 24 hours and then was fine after that

I watched the farewell episode to Finn (Cory Montieth) there was some sad parts, but I was left a little disappointed lol

Megan got her stuff and sent me some pics. The lady gave her some nice things, she told Megan that when she first started someone gave her a bunch a stuff so she decided to pay it forward.

I only have the two younger boys tonight, the girls went to stay with my MIL. Kailyn was so cute, she asked if she could stay and I told her I didn't know she'd have to ask her Nana, she goes "Well....she could say no or she could say yes, that's her only choices." She sounded so grown up that I about died laughing.
October 10th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on new baby, new Jess. The after pain did get worse for each one til about #6 and then not so much. So maybe this one will be better?! Do you have natural birth? Maybe some Tylenol 3 would help take the edge off?

We fixed the ac ourselves! Probably saved us $100, maybe $300! I'm tired and dirty.
October 11th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not much happening here. Today and tomorrow I'm cleaning house, baking, etc. Tomorrow sometime we're going to the local Algonquin Mill Festival where I will get my fresh lard for the year at $2 a gallon. Sunday morning we plan to go to church for the first time in months, and Sunday afternoon we're hosting a fall party.

October 11th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a lot of bleeding after #5, so now they give me pit after birth each time. I don't really notice much more cramping or anything. I think it maxed out at #3 lol
They just put a pik line in (usually I ask for IV meds too) and I can get it out as soon as that bag of pit is done.

Finally got direct deposit for DH's checks today! yay!

October 11th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
What was wrong with it FW?

BM8 what do you do with all of that lard lol

Repti, I love direct deposit.

Woke up with a headache, yuck. The husband will be home the next few days, he took off to go hunting, but am not sure if they are going to go tomorrow or not. He's pretty excited cause he hasn't been able to do it the last few years cause they shortened the season and couldn't get the days off.
October 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yay for free stuff

What a sense of accomplishment you must feel being able to fix the ac. very impressive.

at the hospital I deliver at pit after is standard practice. I piggyback tylenol/ibuprophen until I think I will be pain free...a few days then lay off and take if/as needed. congratulations on ur pregnancy and welcome to our board

dh has grown his company and brought it local (finally ) today he is introducing a new product and has invited local media to the warehouse. He has brought in a team of amazing girls and trained them to launch, install and sell (they rock ). Should make a pretty amazing impact. Please wish them luck and success.

In other news my van has been in the shop for the past week, they had to tear apart the engine. We've had it less than a year, but it's a 2009 so it's on us.

Hope everyone is well.
October 11th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of business does he have? And hope it does really well.
Good luck with the van.

Yay for all those good things shared!!

It's thanksgiving weekend up here, and it's a 4 day weekend. Hurray! I deeply enjoyed not having to rush this morning. This is also the first time in ages that we're not running all over the place, so that's nice, it seems like all of us are ready for some home/down time. It's also excellent because we need to have a clean up time outside, which I like having helpers for.
October 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Good luck on the new product launch! Sounds fun!

The ac unit was frozen up. The intake area was covered in about a half inch of dust, hair, yuck, and I found a ribbon! So we had to let it thaw, then clean it. I had to climb up under, reach way up, scrub, and vacuum. We took turns, me, dh and #4. All done and working fine now!

Good luck on the new product launch! Sounds fun!

The ac unit was frozen up. The intake area was covered in about a half inch of dust, hair, yuck, and I found a ribbon! So we had to let it thaw, then clean it. I had to climb up under, reach way up, scrub, and vacuum. We took turns, me, dh and #4. All done and working fine now!
October 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
m2m I use lard in my baking. I can get almost a year's supply there, and not have to buy shortening from the store.

October 11th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah AC's get GROSS. Even the filters that I clean regularly are disgusting. I can't imagine what was inside that sucker!

Got all the stuff for halloween costumes ordered/ bought.

Sorry about the van! DH's work, where we got our van, has a forever warranty on anything on the powertrain. So long as you keep up with normal stuff, like fluids.

October 11th, 2013, 04:20 PM
It appears my ac savings will be spent on a plumber. #8&9 were fighting over a toy and it got flushed. A plastic thing the size of a bar of soap. We have been plunging and snaking, but no luck. Any suggestions?
October 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Mommy I was curious as to what your husband does also.

BM8. I don't use lard cause of my vegetarian DD, even though she doesn't live here I still cook that way lol

Good job on the costumes, my kids are still trying to figure out what they want to be. We found one of Vanna's old costumes and Kailyn is gonna use it. It can either be a witch or it could go along the theme of masquerade...

FW did you take the toilet off and try that way?
October 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yep, take the toilet up, thats all the plumber will do anyway.

I can't remember everything posted. I'm sooooooooo tired.

Welcome Jess. I bleed very heavy after babies now. I have had pit after every baby since #5 (I just had #11). As far as afterpains, they hurt, but I don't take pain meds.

Stepsons 10th bday. I made him cupcake cones.
#12 is on the way
October 11th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Oh geez. That sounds like a mess. I guess I need to go read up.
October 11th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's not that hard FW. Turn off the water, loosen the bolts and tug
UrbanMomma likes this.
October 12th, 2013, 05:26 AM
We eat very few processed foods here, including shortening or vegetable oil. I try to get the most natural form of food as possible, and completely cook from scratch. We still have mac n cheese some days lol

I would buy and use beef tallow if it was sold locally and didn't cost an arm and a leg to get. I also use coconut oil, but I reserve that for special recipes because it's expensive to get, too.
UrbanMomma likes this.

October 12th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Neapolitan Pizza | Harry’s Prohibition Bistro | Sheboygan Pizza
That's where we ate last night. Tipped generously and spent about 60$ for awesome pizza/an app, and dessert, with all homegrown herbs, and handmade mozz! I will definitely go back there again. It's nice to be able to have "date night". Even though we spent money this time, don't always spend money to go out.
UrbanMomma likes this.

October 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Solar power...He's developed a new racking system that cuts installation time down significantly. The girls he trained were able to install an entire system in an average of 45 minutes. His male crews with the old racking systems would take, I think it was about 4 hours. The average company takes 2-3 days.
The feature on the news was awesome. They interviewed my husband and my bestie...the news crew just happened to pick her.
October 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
That sounds really nice!

#5 pooped in our broken potty. I am so mad and so tired of poop. This feral kitten #1 adopted has made their room a littler box. I'm about to go insane. We are so broke. I'm turning 43 tomorrow. I'm fat. And I promised I would take money at the ghost tours tonight and I really don't want to.
October 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats^^ thats really a huge cut in installation time! Is that for solar powered systems on homes?

pizza always sounds good when its baked in those kind of ovens..yuummm

! we went to Red Lobster AGAIN last night..had about 30 min wait for seating but got lobster tails, lobster pizza, lobster bisque, shrimp scampi, grilled shrimp, fried shrimp and cesar salads. we need to find a new restaurant to go to lool.

Its cool here today but the sun is on its way again. Now 2 other kids are sick not the baby and DD3 ( 2 yr old ) Took DD1 and DD2 to the pedi and its just a virus not strept so thats good although I was shocked.

I thinks its going to be a long weekend! Hope everyone is having a good one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search