I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2498Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
FW what is with the dog bandana thing?

That sucks UM. I hate the fact that everyone is all into their feeeelings now, and you can't even look at a kid without getting sent home for bullying.

I think Rob would be insulted if I got a job making 17 an hour. That's what he makes even after being there for 6 years and being master certified :/ I think he needs a raise.

October 16th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Again BM8, good luck!

Um, I giggled, sorry. At lest you'll have a clean house...?

If I made $17 an hour we would never have to worry about money again. Between the husbands $23 an hour and that, we'd make $40 between us. Hot ****, we'd be rich *****es lol It would also be money with no where to go, imagine all of the grown up toys we could buy (get your heads out of the gutter).
UrbanMomma likes this.
October 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
lol! I'm not sure what we would buy with an 80,000 a year income either. I looked it up though and he could stand to make up to 5$ more to be with average.

October 16th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The company emailed me to let me know I had completed and passed the assessment test.

October 16th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My #2 left a bag of fabric the humane society lady gave her to make dog bandanas for their fund raiser. They wash dogs and put bandanas on them. But she left the bag of fabric in her friends moms car. Only it wasn't her car, it was her brothers car lots car. She gave it back and they tossed the crap. I am fb friends with the humane society director and the lady who runs the dog washes. So #2 didn't want to post needing fabric and didn't want me to say why! Goofball.

I wrote my first grant today! $25,000 for our theater group. Pray for me/wish me luck!
October 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's amazing how you eat through money when you do get it though. After DH got a promotion at work I thought "Hey, this is going to be awesome, we will have all this extra money!" no idea where it went because we still can't afford the same things we couldn't afford before the promotion.
October 16th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amen to that.
October 16th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so ladies, an update: the first house we applied for was rented by someone else. the second one , we have not heard on. the 3rd one, they wanted too high of a credit score for us to qualify. then we looked at one on Monday at lunch. we loved everything about it except that although the square footage is decent (2100 sf), the main living area is smallish. now if it was just DH and I, it would be fine, even great. but my daughter and her kids are with us and will probably be so for a good long while. so my dilemma is this: do we live in somewhat crowded circumstances for as long as two years (its a 2 year lease) in the hope the daughter will get a place and move out within that time frame...or do we hold out for a bigger house with the risk of renting a 5 bedroom house that may end up just beiong the two of us after 6 months. I am going to visit the house again tomorrow and really look at it, especially the kitchen. storage here is a huge issue and I want to be sure that at least that won't be if we take this house. oh and I neglected to mention that the realtor talked to the owner about us, (we have not even filled out an application yet) and based on that conversation, they LOWERED the rent by over $100 a month. so what to do ladies, what to do????

~~terre~~

Last edited by MIL2lissy8; October 16th, 2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: becuase i can spell and i can type
October 17th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I would just go with the cheapest place. I don't need storage though. Get rid of everything but the stuff you use every day lol

I don't buy extras unless it is budgeted. Even stuff for halloween and christmas I have weeks picked out where we can actually afford it. I have plans for the tax money every year too. Like this year we are paying 6 months of rent, the rest of Rob's truck, and getting a pair of mopeds for summer! lol

October 17th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Our goal is to use the income we already have to continue paying all the bills, then budget groceries out of my paychecks, budget out what I'll need for gas/car maintenance out of each pay, and bank the difference. So while we'll have more $ coming in, we plan to live like we don't have the extra $ coming in, if that makes sense? We want to have a "cushion" .

MIL, I'd go with the house that has the lower cost to rent. But that's because I'm cheap. That, and I can't imagine 2100 sf being modest, compared to we have six kids and we live in less than 900 sf and no storage now.

October 17th, 2013, 06:55 AM
We have 1290 sqft with 9 people, and it seems like plenty room. Only got two closets. One of which I think I am going to clean today or tomorrow. There is some crap in there that I want to get rid of. Like these stupid broken doll beds that a friend gave us and said that she had them since she was little so we better take care of them... uh ok, they're broken pieces of kindling.

October 17th, 2013, 08:26 AM
My house feels bigger when I declutter lol

October 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's 2 things I know for sure about money: the more you have the more you spend, and if you don't know how to handle it, no amount of money is enough.

I lived on a shoestring budget for years, and I'm really glad I did, it teaches you how to handle it well and to not buy unless you can afford it.

Is this the part where I'll admit we got a hot tub this week?

Also, as far as house sizes go, I think up here we're a little confused as to what you need. My house is 1600 sq feet, with full basement and an attached garage. I have enough room with my 5 kids. I have 2 friends that have built houses last year, each with 3 kids. Both houses are just over 2000sq ft. To me, I'd rather have a bit smaller house(still plenty of room) and have the smaller mortgage to go with it. This is pretty much the norm up here, no one builds a 1200 sq ft house.

Wait till they find out how expensive bigger kids are.
mom2many2010 likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 10:27 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'd go with the cheapest too. We have 1300sq ft for 12 people. Works for us. More room would be nice, but we make what we have, work.

I agree about the money thing. If you can't manage money, no amount is ever enough.

Dh goes to court in the morning for the 10 y.o. old DUI, where the court lost the ticket and the breathalyzer results. Hoping it gets dismissed and dh can get his license back. i need him to be able to drive.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
October 17th, 2013, 01:46 PM
private post

October 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hoping with you UM!
October 17th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Good luck to your husband UM!

My house is around 1800 sq feet, upper level and basement, it's been cramped at times cause it has a weird set up, but it's always been enty of room. I'm cheap, so I'd go cheaper.
October 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Just wanted to say good night ladies. I'm feeling ill. I think it's stress.

October 18th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ok...so I went and took a second look at the house. its actually not bad. I think its going to be just fine. the realtor was very nice and basically said if we want it, then fax in the application asap because there are others looking. we talked to him twice yesterday on the phone and this a.m. I am faxing the app to him. he and his wife basically all but said that they would be choosing us. we told them all the 'bad' news before we even looked at it and they were not scared off. so essentially, we could get a yes answer within a day or so from now and be moving next week. and have I got a single box packed....um...nope!

UM - I am still waiting (re the private post!!)...... >:~O that is my impressing of an evil grin.....
Babymakes8 likes this.

~~terre~~

Last edited by MIL2lissy8; October 18th, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
October 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
How do people who have no money pay to bury their loved ones??!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search