I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2267Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, I can't believe the original thread died, wow!

Fill me in!
March 24th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hi Marie, glad to see you back

Not much here, my hand and arm are killing me from spray painting. who knew a can of paint cause cause such pain.

We got to keep Ace for one more night, but today his momma is gonna come and get him . The good news is I get to bring Mo home from Lupans now. We miss him, especially Kailyn who is always asking for 'her wiener'. Him and Layla will do fine, him and Spy will take a little work. Spy is very submissive so we shouldn't have to much of a problem.
March 24th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
okay -- i ruled out the 'little house' this morning after i realized that i just like this house i am in right now better than the layout of the little house. so now -- we need to decide about the bigger house. we both love everything about it (except the $$). if i have to move, it is going to be to something more comfy not more tight quarters.

woke up feeling puky again. not sure whats going on with me. think i might miss church and stay here closer to the bathroom.

~~~waves at marie~~~ glad to see you!

~~terre~~
March 24th, 2013, 09:52 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hi Marie!

Well today I have cleaned the girls room, washed all the floors in the house, done two loads of laundry, baked blueberry muffins, and am starting the chicken for my grilled chicken salad.

Zay really liked The Croods, it wasn't awful, I have seen worse. Luckily it wasn't too long either, so that helped. I am going to take him to lunch today since he helped wash floors and is taking care of the puppy while his sister is gone.
MIL2lissy8 and Farmers-wife like this.
#12 is on the way
March 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awww he is a great lil helper!! enjoy your time out with him.

btw, today i have accomplished: a shower. and that may be it for the day. heading back to bed soon.

ETA: UM message me your address --- i have lots of clothes to send you for unnamed baby girl....

~~terre~~
March 24th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Home from church and lunch with a friend. I think 5/6 of the kids I had with me were bad. Even the baby. She pulled a cup over! Rookie mistake, though. I had it too close to her. It is gorgeous and hot here today, but will be 60 all week. I hate that!
March 24th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd love a little hot weather. Today the newest foot of snow is melting, the truck will be a mucky mess again tomorrow.
Quiet day with the kids, had an old friend pop in with her two teens, we got to visit while the big girls played with my five kidlets-what a great distraction! I haven't seen this friend in three years, time sure slipped away.
March 24th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Having this cold is getting really old really fast, and hearing from people that I don't look very good. Went to church today, then to little nephews birthday.
It is spring break this coming up week and it's just one thing after another after another.

I looked up our temp in F.....its 23.

8 more sleeps until our dairy cows go.
March 24th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies!!

I didn't read back to see what all I missed so I hope everyone is doing OK.

Friday night we did something that I wasn't sure I was ready for - we left our 2 weeks away from being 14 year old home and "in charge" with her younger brothers while DH and I went "out" shopping with friends. We took Squeakers with us, but it still felt like a "date" with just one. We shopped (Walmart) for our oldest son's birthday party (was yesterday) and then had a late dinner at Taco Bell, and our friends' insisted on treating us and wouldn't let us pay. I was nervous about leaving the kids at first, but it was fine. We had left them watching The Life of Pi, and when the movie was over the boys put themselves to bed and our DD waited on the couch for us lol She was sound asleep when we got home. Now that I know it was OK, I think we'll do it again lol Not too often though. Once a month maybe.

Yesterday we had a houseful of friends and family to celebrate a belated birthday with our oldest son. We all had a great time, and our last guest didn't leave until 11 pm!! So two nights in a row I've been up past midnight and I'm so not used to that!!

Today I realized the kids have this whole week off for Spring Break!! I had a moment of panic when I realized my pantry wasn't ready! We did some quick inventory of what is here, made a list of what we needed to turn my meat stash into meals, and ran to the store. $30 later, and we're ready for the week ahead. I was pretty excited that I was able to plan some meals out of my pantry and only need to buy $30 more in groceries for the week!

We worked outside some today, hooked the garden wagon to the riding mower and gave the kids wagon rides, farm chores, and watched Nascar. Dinner was stuffed shells. Now I'm ready for a warm bath and bed.

Tomorrow I plan to have the kids paint some little flower pots for Easter and I have some flower seeds (marigolds) for them to plant in their little pots.

March 24th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I meant that 60 was too cold. I liked the hot today!

Hauled another load of crap over here tonight. #2 helped and we got shakes. Just unloaded and now to assimilate this stuff in. Yeegads we have too much stuff.
March 25th, 2013, 03:55 AM
I'd pay someone for 60 degrees. I think Spring forgot us!!
Babymakes8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 25th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
not sure what today is going to hold....i do have to get wyatt to karate and then possibly to the batting cages later this afternoon. also, i must grocery shop --- the pickings are slim in our house. i was able to sleep in till almost 8a.m. but then i could not fall asleep last night til well after 1a.m. looks like a gorgeous outside.....maybe a walk is in order. (tegan would vote for that). have a great day, ladies!!!

~~terre~~
March 25th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I wish it would warm up so the kids and I could go for a walk.

About to take dh to his doctor appt, its his first physical in, well, he can't remember how long. Will ask doc about the "no cut" vasectomy. Its what dh claims he wants to do. We'll see.

Then off to get Kya some new shoes, she grew a size.

I think we are having breakfast for dinner. Well, the kids are.

I think I nailed down an Easter dinner menu, simple, not complicated.
#12 is on the way
March 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
never heard of a 'no cut' method......

~~terre~~
March 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hi everyone!

I've had a busy day! We dropped Sam's car off bright and early, should be done any time now. Got home and fixed the littles breakfast, then chased my tarp through the property so we could go to the dump. While out that way we stopped at their small courthouse and got Sam's car registered. I love how we can go to any county to register our vehicles, the one by the dump never has a wait.

Once done there we headed home, as we were coming into town I saw a box in front of someones house that said free. Sam was going so fast I could only see a pretty wood shelf with a hanging bar on it. She decides to turn to around cause the shelf would be perfect for her bathroom. Wow we got a good find, most of it was brand new too.

We got..

Brand new curtains, perfect for Sam's place were they are using sheets.
2 purses. I kept the leather Sam kept a polka dot one.
Brand new oak picture frames. five of them
A bunch of doilies and decorative towels. Sam kept.
A bunch of scrap booking stuff.
Those knitting kits, the circular kind, with all the sizes.
A bunch of cookbooks. We are already picking out new recipes to try.
Yarn, a bunch of it, and the expensive kind. Stuff I'd never buy.
And a cross stitching thing, but I don't know how to cross stitch so if anyone wants it let me know. It's Christmas themed.

Well know that I wrote a novel. I'll go find something else to do lol
March 25th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you agree about this vasectomy?

So the neighbor's 4 year old had a birthday party yesterday. #2,3,4, and 5 went over there with a gift for this party. About 30 minutes after they got there, Rob and I both hear screaming coming from outside. The dad and his sister got into an all out brawl, the mom calls the cops.... my kids all come home two of them in tears. Rob had to give a statement to the cops (didn't have to write it since he didn't want to press any charges about noise violations or anything), then Rob goes over there to yell at the dad, and Grandma is drunk of her ***, I walk over there after a bit too, grandma tries to kiss me on the lips (w.t.french toast)... Then she left about 30 minutes later too. I let the girls go back over and finish birthday party stuff, and eat the pizza have cake while we were there. It was like 9:00 so Brittany (mom) asked if girls could sleep over, fine, no one was there but immediate family.
About 1 in the morning I wake up to this weird noise, and grandma is out there just pounding on the door for like 20 minutes. Brittany didn't let her in, I talked to her to see if I should come get my kids, she said they were fine, I physically saw grandma leave on foot, I go back to bed, fall asleep finally.. THEN TODAY Brittany comes over and says grandma came back saying she's cold, has no where to go, going to kill herself etc, so they had to have cops pick her up and bring her to the hospital.
I don't know that my kids are going to be allowed over there at all anymore. Of course I'll be called 'racist' but if this is how every birthday party is, an all out ghetto pullin weave brawl, my kids don't need to be part of it.
If my kids ever bring any of that kind of 'drama' into my family when they get older they will be disowned. I'm not dealing with that ****.

March 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
No, not really, I don't necessarily agree.

Sounds like a great party. If not sending them over there anymore makes you racist then...oh freakin well!!
#12 is on the way
March 25th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Wow that's crazy! Although I couldn't really hold the family responsible for their crazy family members.
March 25th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dad is like a white guy colored with a sharpie, but his family is c.r.a.z.y! mom made the excuse that "things happen", that even in a grocery store the kids could be in the middle of a fight. Yeah... or not.
Know what this all started over? Candy. Because mom was giving candy to the kids from youngest to oldest, and my kids all happened to be younger than the aunt's kid, so she had to wait. Aunt screams outside something like "white people always ruining everything".. yep crazy, I'm the one who punched my brother in the face, kicked him in the nuts, and then wanted HIM to go to jail lmao.

March 25th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! and I thought we had drama with my inlaws LOL!! nothing like that at birthday parties that I know of!

Been baking most of today. Not much else to do since it freaking snowed. Again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search