I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2354Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
University of west Florida. It's in Pensacola. About 3 1/2 hours from here. It's a good distance, good school. I think she will be happy there. It would take a huge burden off of her to not have to worry about money.

My piano lesson was canceled tonight. My teachers husband was rushed to the er and she wanted to go with him. Can you imagine!?
October 21st, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
BM8 wanted me to let you guys know that her DD was taken to the we. She fainted a couple of times, she'd appreciate some prayers.
October 21st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear, poor thing. She will be in my thoughts.

FW, good luck to your daughter with the scholarship. What is she planning on studying?
October 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Biology pre med. she wants to be a surgeon.
October 21st, 2013, 08:26 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are home. DD is following up with her doctor tomorrow for more tests.

October 22nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get some answers from the tests and that's she's feeling ok. That's a little scary.

A few scholarships would sure be nice, fw, especially if you're going for a lot of years.

Hope the tradeshow goes well, I'd say you're off to a good start if you're going in a limo.

Yesterday I was the farmwife and brought supper to the field. When I put the 9x13 pan on the floor of the van I said "do not step on the potatoes". When I cam back from grabbing waterbottles, you guessed it, there was a footprint in the potatoes. This was shortly after I left #3 in charge of the porkchops while I quickly brought #5 to town for volleyball practise and came back to a house filled with smoke. I guess #3 hadn't thought to turn the burner down.

Some days there's just never a dull moment. But people ate and the house was left standing
UrbanMomma likes this.
October 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
I hope she is feeling better today. I passed out twice when I was 19 because I ate potato chips and ice cream for breakfast, nothing the rest of the day and then cut my finger making dinner (crazy deb story). Deb called 911, the paramedics came. My dad was embarrassed. So, what did she eat?
October 22nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had just finished eating ravioli's but she was complaining of a stomachache before we ate. She said her stomach had been hurting off and on all day around her belly button. Dr. said the location of her abdominal cramping is why he was concerned it could be her appendix.

We couldn't get her in today but we were able to get her in for tomorrow.

October 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yup - sounds like appendix to me too. I hope that the dr takes it seriously. maybe keep her on a light diet today. and if it hurts more -- go straight back to the ER.

well I just used about an hour and half on this computer and have nothing too much to show for it. guess I need to get moving around here.

~~terre~~
October 22nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Trying to get a million things taken care of.

BM8 hope she is doing better now, you get it taken care of and its not to serious.
#12 is on the way
October 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Hope she gets better soon!!
October 22nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
**** dogs got into my old oil can, spilled it all over my carpets and have now been puking everywhere. My back is killing me, my carpet cleaner is dead and I have to figure out how to get oil out of carpets. It's not a small spot either!
October 22nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
That sounds like a mess. I would try blue dawn or some kind of powder to sop it up.
jessmgt likes this.
October 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah dawn or maybe kitty litter or sawdust.
wishing college bound girl all the success she is striving towards. Starting with scholarships and ending in being called Doctor.....etc. Which direction of pensacola do you live in? My father lives in Ocklawaha. and my dh lived in Destin for a while (we were married on a beach there).
glad the house was not burned down and the potato incident??? well that's just sinful.
Glad to hear baby is home from ER. Hope everything checks out ok. I hate cliffhanger baby stories. I worry about all of them as if they were my own.

Thank you all for the well wishes. It really means a lot to me.
The limo, we actually purchased. Helping dear friends start their own limo company. It is supposed to be the first of whatever they need...with us getting a small kickback. It's a 97 and needs some internal cosmetic repair, but works well for the current needs. I did not join them. It was just dh his 8 "showgirls" and the female driver......... I am home doing my "job" with the dc....
October 22nd, 2013, 06:23 PM
We live on the other side of Tallahassee from Pensacola. Destin is super beautiful!
October 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
this is my 7 year old grandson....so proud.

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/sa...6_b.jpg&jq=100

never mind, its a video and I don't know how to share it off facebook. beth, feel free to snag it and share here.

~~terre~~
October 23rd, 2013, 05:35 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL I don't think you can share videos unless you put them on another source. Youtube etc. Even I can't change that

October 23rd, 2013, 07:56 AM
I did it! I sent #1's homeschool high school transcript to uwf! There will still be details to handle, of course, but this is it! I am finished with homeschooling #1! only 8 more to go! If I can get through #2, the rest should be a breeze.
October 23rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that IS impressive. I hope it all goes well with her getting accepted.

~~terre~~
October 23rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Good luck to #1!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search