I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2090Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Just dropping in to say howdy to everyone.

BM8, you've had quite a week. And by the way, I'm pretty sure my hometown is where you witnessed the accident, if I had to guess, since the exact same thing happened there on Sunday.

Hope everyone is well. Just over 1 week of work left, but they want to keep me on per diem because they decided not to fill my position. Let's just say the employees are not happy!

October 23rd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Number5, is your hometown Urichsville, Oh?

my Dd is better today, but i have a sick DH and 2 sick little boys. Nurse at Dr.'s office today told me there is a stomach bug going around. Lovely. I'm deep cleaning and sanitizing the house today.

DD is going in for tests either Friday or Monday to determine why she's having fainting spells.

October 23rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beak got sent home yesterday with a SLIGHT fever, and was fine the rest of the day. Must have just been a fluke and that's what sucks about public school. She was sooo sad because she thought she was in trouble, and she missed hamburgers for lunch lol

October 24th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a bummer for her. Hope all the sickies feel better.

I am going on a date with #3 for her 13th birthday, to build a bear (it's what I've done with her older 2 sisters too). We only do a few of these kinds of dates, but I love going on them.
~mommy~ likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
BabyM8 hope the tests can figure out why your DD is having the spells.

After our bout with the sickies, hope all the sickies feel better soon too and that it doesnt drag out for weeks!!

Build a bear is awesome!! have fun we love doing those as well!!

Going to take the ALL 5 of my littles to the cinema today to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 3D!! wish me luck cause Im on my own with this venture and will be taking my 3 month old!!! eeeek!
mom2many2010 likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Bastian broke my glasses today. Had to go find new frames that would work, they are a bit too long, but the width works so that's all that matters for now. I have to call to make an appointment. It probably wont be til next month though..

October 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...35440966_n.jpg

me.....a long time ago!
#5in2005 likes this.

~~terre~~
October 24th, 2013, 09:25 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
BM8, yep, that's it! I heard it was quite awful. Sorry you had to witness it! I haven't lived there for almost 15 years, but my parents live right on the street where it happened, and I know tons of people still in the area on a regular basis. I knew you lived close to my area, but I didn't realize how close. Hope they figure out what's going on with your daughter!

Amira, good luck with the movies. I decided not to go when my youngest was only a couple of months old, and I let my sister-in-law take the older girls instead. It was a movie I really wanted to see, but oh well!

Repti, sorry about your glasses. I hate it when the kids get a hold of them!

#5, have a blast at Build-a-Bear. I think it's fun to take the kids there. We took #4 this summer when it was just her and #5 home, and she was pretty amazed.

One week from today is supposed to be my last day at work. I'm not too optimistic it will actually work out that way. We'll see.

October 25th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my bffs birthday is tomorrow. Her husband and I are planning a surprise party for her. It won't be lavish or pretty or grand, but hopefully she will know we love her. She will be 50. We are doing it tonight. I am making the cake. It is scratch chocolate, chocolate. It is ugly but good.
#5in2005, ~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.
October 25th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I would appreciate any kind of party!

Kids don't have school today, teacher inservice or fall break or some crap. Either way Sydney has spent a good amount of time up in her room already. Ugh.

October 25th, 2013, 12:45 PM
I fell down the stairs early this morning....hurt like a ...well you know. anyway, I injured my lower back and pelvis, probably a bone bruise again. but I also fractured my left elbow...again. seeing the orthopedist on Monday. also, because I take blood thinner, I have what I understand to be a puddle forming in the joint that will have to be drained next week.

on better news - the new fridge is on its way and should arrive in about an hour. can't wait. I don't know how pioneers did it, I really don't.

~~terre~~
October 25th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hi everyone, I'm around, I just hate typing on my phone or tablet.

MIL that sounds painful!
October 25th, 2013, 03:27 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh ouch. Glad you are mostly ok.
Waiting for dh and his entourage to get home....
October 25th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds VERY painful! Hope you're not too horribly sore in the morning.

Hope the party is a big succes with your friend fw.

Build a bear was fun, had a great time with #3, she is probably my favorite out of all 5 to go shopping with.

Today was garage cleaning and last bits of yard cleaning day. Sunday is supposed to be cold, and they're starting to say that snow word.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
October 25th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The party was on the boring side. But we are old now. My cake was really good. The best part for me was getting her there. I called her to bring me some fabric she got from some other lady for me. She was all "mark wants to take me to get ice cream" I said " that's fine. Stop by here on your way". Which was totally out of her way. She said "well, I don't know" I said "just go ask him. If he says no, fine. But he won't. He's always had a thing for me". So she did!

And he has.
mom2many2010 likes this.
October 26th, 2013, 08:20 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Glad the cake was good. You aren't old.

Terre hope you are ok and not too sore.

I am bored, cold, tired. Work is taking its toll on me, but I still rock it out like a BOSS.
For a 40 year old momma to 11 these youngens should be embarrassed!!! LOL I put them to shame.
#5in2005 likes this.
#12 is on the way
October 26th, 2013, 09:19 AM
heck - you put me to shame UM!!!! I feel way better than I expected. sore but do-able. the elbow looks nasty this a.m. and I don't understand why I need a sling. I can move my arm fine but there is a certain spot that hurts like the devil if I touch it - which I don't. but it is clear that I will need to have at least two spots drained off because I have hard big bruises. the dr said because of blood thinners, that will probably happen.

today my grand-nephew has his first birthday party so I need to go shop. I also thought it wise to maybe get my nails done in case I get a cast on when I go to the ortho on monday. ttyl...

~~terre~~
October 26th, 2013, 11:21 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
hoping for a low pain and speedy recovery MIL

Um high praise to YOU! working how hard you do PLUS raising 11 kids...come on...YOU ROCK!!!

Movies went really well. Wasnt that great of a movie but the 3D was fun for them. I was pretty shocked that my 2 yr old kept her glasses on for the movie.

Its cold this morning here and today we are doing NOTHING! we are not leaving the house for anything! Im thinking of doing some baking with the kids but willl see how much energy I have after lunch.

Hope everyone has a great weekend
mom2many2010 likes this.
October 27th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
MIL, my husband has to gio on blood thinners from time to time and when he's on them he gets bruises that need to be drained.

We spent the entire weekend burning off and clearing our property. A bad bushfire season has been predicted for this summer and we live in bushfire prone area.
October 27th, 2013, 06:58 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Terre, ouch, hope it heals soon and you won't need a cast.

Glad the kids enjoyed the movie. My oldest son took the 4 yo to see it and he liked it.

Today the husband wants me to go to this "family" dinner at his aunties house at 3 o'clock. There are a couple reasons I don't want to go. First of all they have never made me feel like family, second the football game is on and I will miss most of the second half just driving over there. Also it is a potluck type thing, everyone bring a dish, I don't feel like cooking anything and I highly dislike unorganized potlucks because you end up with a bunch of sides and no real meal.
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search