I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2013, 07:53 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Any chance you can record it?? i know its totally not same at ALL!! maybe stop somewhere and bring a cooked hot dish ?
I think it would be draining too if I was made to feel like an outsider with his side of family, wish I had something useful to say on it but I really dont, it would just plain old suck!

So we didnt do any baking yesterday except for homemade pizza and that doesnt really count but we actually had fun doing nothing lool...today that all changes. lool.. getting ready for the busy school week ahead as usual on sunday and might take the kids to the library for an hour or so.

DD1 and DD4 have school fundraisers things that I will be taking to a couple of our neighbors to buy a couple of things from the mags. I bought a set of silicone black coil oven rack safety things so you cant get burned when reaching in...coool..and these snap close things that hook onto bags of any kind to make it sealed. Like bags of chips or whatever. and couple of other things.

Also had to reg online for them and give 10 emails for other people for them to receive these funky bracelets and enter to win a limo lunch from school. Hopefully they help put a dent in the school fund. nothing else going on here!
October 27th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Make like three hams! LOL

I hope you feel better Terre.

Sooo Friday night we went out to dinner like we do sometimes when Rob gets paid, and we ended up going to a bar afterwards, which we never do. It was due for me to pay the next day since the bar was pretty much EMPTY and it was Rob's old co-worker bartending. Needless to say yesterday wasn't all that much fun for me. ugh.
I still got up and helped a friend clean her house for her open house like I promised, but after that I was homebound for the rest of the day.

October 27th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a crazy weekend of parties. Friday night, two Saturday, two Sunday. I'm cupcaked out. And the two today had chili! I'm chilied out. One had really good hotdogs though so that was cool.
October 28th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that's a lot of partying!

Repti, it was nice of you to help your friend.

Amarix, pizza totally counts!

UM, did you end up going?

We had to have belated (for here) thanksgiving dinner at the inlaws, even though dh coudn't make it till dessert. Oh the in-laws. They love my bff, and invite her and her family to their family things, which is nice enough. But every so often it strikes me how differently they treat her than me. Don't get me wrong, she is a wonderful person, but they have her on a very high pedestal, and it's weird how my fil adores her. Last time they introduced us, fil said: this is Linda to his guest when he addressed me and he introduced her as his daughter. Now me, I don't really care (anymore), but it infuriates dh. Bff is also very huggy, where I am not. I hug my children, dh and my nieces and nephews, but when it comes to other adults, only occasionally.

Anyways, I have 3 "home" days, (I'm hoping) which is good, because I'm feeling peopled out, plus I have to get a few things done that just require a little time and attention.
mom2many2010 likes this.
October 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yeah, thats kind of strange with the bff. It would probably make me kinda mad.

I am always peopled out. Glad you get a few quiet days.

I didn't go.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
October 28th, 2013, 02:06 PM
That is weird. Did they have a relationship with her before you? Do they have a relationship with her outside of you?

I don't blame you um. I wish I could get out of thanksgiving at my inlays. But it is only once a year. If I didn't go, he wouldn't go. That wouldn't be nice. I'm nice.

#1 and I were going over her class selection for next semester. She only needs 3 classes to graduate with her AA. I can't believe she is almost done.
mom2many2010 likes this.
October 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't take time to update this morning but I went to the orthopedic surgeon earlier today. he looked at the x-ray and told me it was broken. then he examined me and found that I can move my arm just fine -- it hurts in certain spots but not with movement. so then he asked me if I had ever had a broken elbow before, to which I replied 'yes'. he says that what appears to be a break now is residual from when I broke it 21 years ago. so in short - not broken, badly sprained and deeply bruised. no cast, no more sling, just live my life and when it hurts quit using it so much and take motrin. to say that I am relieved would be an understatement! I have so much to do that would be hampered by having only one arm available.
UrbanMomma and mom2many2010 like this.

~~terre~~
October 28th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm still here. I read everyday. I just hate typing on this **** phone.

Nothing new here, Kailyn turns 4 on Wednesday, my baby isn't a baby anymore

Dang older kids need to settle down and give me grand babies lol

Hmmmm not much else going on here.
UrbanMomma likes this.
October 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Oh, and um, great comeback for your lions! Glad you didn't miss that!
UrbanMomma likes this.
October 29th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
it rained last night -- so pretty to wake up to clean skies and wet ground. wish it would continue to rain but alas, can't have it all on one day I guess.

tonight is the family-nigh Halloween party at chick-fil-a. I have to pick up the twins from pre-school and watch them for a bit this evening so i guess we are taking all 4 to this event. of course bray-bray will already be there so its an evening with 5 out of the 9 grandies.
#5in2005 likes this.

~~terre~~
October 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ugh, DD's job got another threat. They are brining in the FBI cause this time he also threatened to shoot them as they walked out the door.
October 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is very scary m2m!

That sounds fun, terre, and glad to hear there's nothing broken.

I don't know how the thing with inlaws and bff got started, we do all go the same church. It's just fil's adoration of her that's weird. But fil is like that, he's very one sided. It's either all or nothing and I think that's dumb, because even people that I think are really awesome have flaws, we all do, that's what makes us people.
UrbanMomma likes this.
October 29th, 2013, 10:26 AM
The Lions game was great!!

M2M that is scary.

Happy bday to Kailyn!!

Aarons last court case was dismissed this morning. So all that crap is finally over.
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
October 29th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Yeah because the phone workers are the ones who made the laws... Crazy people are stupid. I hope she stays safe.

I'm at co op. The local grocery drops off their day old, unsold bakery goods for us. It is insane the amount of bread, cookies, cakes, bagels, cupcakes, etc that we are all taking home every week! It's great but crazy. I have started planning for it for my meal planning. Got two bread bowls for the potato soup I made for dinner tonight.
October 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow jenn, keep us posted on your daughter!! that has to be freaking you out to the nth degree!

FYI: http://terrewrites.blogspot.com/2013...aunt-dana.html

~~terre~~
October 29th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Exactly UM, all is good though, they called in swat, once they felt the area was safe they brought them out floor by floor. They think it's personal, maybe someone who was fired? There are no details about the place online, and it sits on a college campus, one side is them, the other side only holds a few classes. I'm going to watch the news and see if they say anything. Last time they were very careful with their words. Last week there was three threats called into three Caldwell schools (terre you'll know that area) but they think they have the woman in custody.

Terre, I read it. How exciting for you! They do loon alike

Edit, the news did say the name of the company and what they do this time.
October 30th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Planning a Halloween party for the kids for Friday evening. I hate trick or treating, and it is almost always cold and rainy here on Halloween. I invited my mom, she is off work Friday. We are going to have a Halloween candy hunt, kinda like an Easter egg hunt. LOL. I am going to make candy bags and hide them. The kids are making up costumes but keeping them a surprise.

We are having a spooky dinner and watching Charlie Brown The Great Pumpkin.
#5in2005, ~mommy~ and Babymakes8 like this.
October 30th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sounds like a lot of fun UM!
October 30th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Had a theater board meeting. We are officially doing cabaret. Should be fun. Director chick wants #1 to be hooker. Should be a blast.
October 30th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Three teenagers got shot Monday right by the courts where the second oldest son goes to play basketball. Had to talk to him about being aware of your surroundings.

The oldest is talking marines again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search