I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2269Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Marines are the sexiest!
October 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM
#6 otw for us:)
Marines are totally sexy! A man in fatigues is smoking hot, the fact they are protecting us at the same time just adds to the appeal!
Ive talked to my 4boys already about college expenses, and tge fact we have baby #6 for our family otw just adds to the fact that our kids are going to have to be resoursefull in finding funding for college... if your DS wants to persue a career in the marines id say let him!
It is hard letting go, or thinking about and worrying about your DS being deployed or sent far from home, but the experience and benefits are so high for him when He finishes his term!
What do you and your dh think about it?
I'm sorry I feel like I don't always have much to add, my kidos are still pretty young with the oldest being 16, but when it comes to the military, I had to jump in!! My 3oldest boys have all expressed an interest, have any of you ladies had any of your kids join yet?
How do all of you mommies feel about your sons joining the military??
October 31st, 2013, 09:14 AM
I thought I did. I have since changed my mind. My dh is opposed to it. He is a musician, not a fighter.
October 31st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. Just breezing through. Cleaning house, laundry, trying to figure out where all of the hangers for the boys shirts have disappeared to. Sigh.

Having dinner and a movie at a friends house with their 5 kids and my 6. Chili and tacos and Monsters University. Trick or treat is cancelled due to rain.

October 31st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's pretty soggy here too, but we're still trick or treating. Unless it starts pouring really hard.

October 31st, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
jessmgt, to answer your question, I have 3 sons. I used to tell them that I would break both their legs if they entertained the thought of signing up for the military. I was serious that my boys were not going to fight in any war.

but then they grew up...... one was army, one was navy and one was 4 years air force ROTC in high school. I supported their decisions and was even quite disappointed that #3 did not enlist after those 4 years of training in high school. to be honest, I can't see me hoping that my grandsons will be military but if that is what they choose, I will stand by them.
Farmers-wife likes this.

~~terre~~
October 31st, 2013, 04:17 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't like the idea, however I realize I cannot stop him, so I would only offer my support if he decides to go in the military.
#12 is on the way
October 31st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Dh just had a fit at me because he wanted to put 8&9 to bed but they kept going in different directions! Hahahaha! I laughed. He was not amused. My mom wanted to send me a picture of her boyfriend. I didn't have the heart to tell her we saw him on mugshots.com.
October 31st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
None if mine are mitary, but I am fairly certain Cole will join.

Hope the husband got the littles down! lol at mugshots.com!

Tok me three hours to get everyone ready, and hour on Vanna's hair alone. My back hurts so bad I want to cry! Af decided to show up a few hours ago so that explains some if it.

Kids had a good night, someone actually handed out potatoes. My kids found it great, who knew potatoes could be exciting lol
November 1st, 2013, 06:10 AM
I'm supposed to leave for another little bday party in 30 minutes. But I'm still laying in bed. Better get to it.
November 1st, 2013, 06:14 AM
We ended up going even though it was raining. Everyone was pretty wet by the time we got home. Not very much candy, enough though, and I have some left from what we gave away. As long as there is kit kat or reeces for me the kids get a passing grade lol

I don't know what kids of mine would join the service. We have no military influence really. Our best friend is in the national guard, and actually served in Iraq a few years ago, but he doesn't push it into them or talk about it or anything.

November 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I didn't go trick or treating. Dh drove the van and Aaron and his gf walked the littles block by block because it was raining. They got a lot of candy and got really wet.
#12 is on the way
November 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bet they totally thought it was worth getting wet for!

Way too much candy here! I wasn't inspired for anything particular this year, so I just got out the dress up box and said pick something. So we had a witch, a pirate and a fairy.

It's my youngest birthday tomorrow, she is going to be 8. Her little friends are coming over and she is quite excited about it, because I've normally combined her party with #3's party (whose birthday is on wednesday). They're fine with having the "family party" combined on sunday, but each really wanted their own day for their friends. Fair enough. Party on.
One of the things she wants really badly is an electric toothbrush. lol.
MIL2lissy8 and mom2many2010 like this.
November 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Here was us

Only problem I had is that dress is wayyyy to long and when it got wet it stretched out even more. It's hard to push a stroller, hold an umbrella and hold your dress up at the same time.

November 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Repti that is BRILLIANT! I love it.

We don't really have Halloween here so it was just a normal night, but we had one trick or treater, the first one of my life. It was quite strange to be honest, we live in a small community and didn't kniw these people, plus it was dark out and we live on a steep dirt road with no street lights and no sidewalk, who on earth would come to our house? All we could find in our house was dark chocolate and licorice, they weren't impressed.

It's Sasha's birthday tomorrow and he has his party today. Superhero party, he went to bed last nightwwearing hus hulk hands.
November 1st, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Repti, I always love what you come up with, this year was your best!!!!!!

Cybele, we had one trick or treater years ago. Like you I was confused, but thanks could pull some candy out if the kids loot lol

We're having Megan and Kailyns party this Sunday. Lupan has to work last Sunday so it was put on hold, and we can't have a party for Kailyn and not have Lupan there.

I just looked over and Vanna has our dogs Muzzle on Aiden. I guess he was a bad dog.....weird *** kids I have!
November 1st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Took dinner to my friend who had twins. Took my youngest who played outside with her oldest.
November 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Had Sasha's birthday party, have decided that I am too old for these kids parties and from now on hehas to have them at places that pay someone to run them. After all the kids went home I just wanted to sleep.

We had a spiritual holiday over Thursday-Friday and we always celebrate them the weekend closest so last night we renewed our handfasting vows as we do every year. I burned my hand, first time in 21 years and the time that Sasha tells me to use a drawing of fire instead, go figure.
November 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a spiritual holiday over Thursday-Friday and we always celebrate them the weekend closest so last night we renewed our handfasting vows as we do every year.

cybele, can you elaborate a bit? I am curious about this since it is a total unknown for me.

~~terre~~
November 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm curious too.

Repti!! Totally awesome costumes!!!! Love it.

Dh and I went to a party last night, we were prom king and queen. Although things didn't work out well between my friends bridesmaid dress from 1986, so I looked a little more Princess Diana, but that is ok.

It's snowing, we even have a snowfall warning. Whatever. It's how it is when you live up here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search