I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2260Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our local grocery had a 10/$10 sale so I loaded up on potatoes and baby carrots. Canning them up today

November 8th, 2013, 12:10 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Happy Birthday to #3.

The tutu pic sounds cute. Too bad she couldn't get a full body shot. LOL

FW, sounds like a messed up situation with the friends husband. You are a good friend.

I wish I had the time or desire to can.

Isaac's gf had a dating u/s today. She is 8 weeks. They are talking about getting married.

It is our wedding anniversary one the 12th. Two years. LOL. A drop in the bucket.

I was told at work today I am a "miracle worker."
#12 is on the way
November 9th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are pretty amazing. Congrats on your anniversary. I have a kid with that birthday but he is turning 3. I hope #1 and his gf get married and live happily ever after.

I went to see arsenic and old lace last night. #2&3 are doing backstage crew. And then come out as ghosts of the two dead guys at the end. Weird. But it was cute and well done.
November 9th, 2013, 07:19 AM
UM, I agree with FW you are pretty amazing! and you handle things way better than I think I could.

Canning again today. Have most of the carrots done now. On to canning homemade beef stew and potatoes.

November 9th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Well I am in awe of everyone here and think that all of you are amazing. Homeschooling, canning, farming, photography, all kinds of amazing around here.

I have more news. My family is growing again. My second son and his girlfriend are expecting a baby too. They found out today and looking at her dates she is most likely about a week ahead of Isaac's girlfriend.

My second son JUST turned 17 three weeks ago, Naja is going to be 20 in December. They are so young and in a more difficult position than the other two. Naja just started working at the bakery in a supermarket. She only gets 15ish hours a week. Aaron doesn't even graduate until June (hopefully). Neither have a drivers license. She lives with her dad in the apartment below my oldest son (how my younger son met her). Her mom is an alcoholic and off in the wind somewhere.

I am going to have to help her. Monday we will start working on insurance, WIC, doctors appointment. She is going to have to get a drivers license. Time to whip these two into some kinda shape.

I am standing strong on God doesn't make mistakes and NO baby is a mistake. Dh and I have decided we will help them as much as we can. I have a good husband.

Life is a roller coaster ride, right, hang on and enjoy the ride.
MIL2lissy8, HalfDozen and jessmgt like this.
#12 is on the way
November 9th, 2013, 02:19 PM
You are right about that! You can be a great help to them. Im proud of you for standing strong and not coming apart at the seams. It is a baby. Not a problem or a big deal. If they can keep their heads together and not go all crazy they will be fine. But if she wants to put the baby up for adoption, I am available!

I think I have arrived in the hood cred dept! The law had to be called out to our little football game in the county today. Two moms, one from our side and one from theirs got mad at something and some guy shouted "better watch out, she has a conceal carry permit" and then it escalated to "meet me in the parking lot" etc. But in the end everything was fine. I dont think there really was a gun. But what do I know.
November 9th, 2013, 02:23 PM
uh oh.....LOL

Here, all out brawls break out, guns get pulled and people scatter. LOL Boatloads of fun.
#12 is on the way
November 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Oh wow UM, a grandma of two in what? A week. I'd faint lol

Well $100 later and my computer is up and running, which means I'll be over here a lot more now. I also splurged and bought a new keyboard. My old one had sticky keys and it was driving me crazy

No news here, well our insurance is going up and they are blaming every change on Obamacare. Who knew my husbands company hated Obama so much?
November 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM
UM I am so impressed with you attitude and the calm that you're handling this with! Bravo !! My mom would have flipped out on me if I had got pregnant as a teen, or if my brother's had got a girl pregnant, etc. You're a wonderful mom!

November 9th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yes UM, congrats and thanks for the great example of being a proud granny no matter what the circumstances are. take it from one who has had a few surprises in life, you will LOVE these babies!!!
UrbanMomma likes this.

~~terre~~
November 9th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
UM, I admire your calmness about this. I have to admit, if my, well not my oldest, that would just be confusing, 2nd and 3rd were expecting babies I would be the crazy yelling lady throwing condoms at their heads.
~mommy~ likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 04:40 AM
LOL. I already tried throwing condoms at their heads, when they were about 14/15.

It wasn't like they didn't know what could happen, babies, stds. I am honest. Maybe brutally. Now what is done, is done. There are worse things that could happen than babies. Is it the best time or situation, nope, not at all. They have just colored themselves a different picture now......

One baby due 6/12 and one 6/18.....wow.
#12 is on the way
November 10th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I think you are doing great UM, cause you are right babies aren't the end of the world, but I'd still faint if I was told there would be two in a matter of days, and that has nothing to do with age. I also love all the little hints you are dropping on FB...

My new keyboard has a very small back space key and it's driving me crazy cause I keep hitting the key next to it. I know 'first world problems' but it's bugging me lol
November 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mines like that too, took me a while to get used to it.

I'm sitting outside and I think our neighbours have been throwing their grass clippings over our fence. I will have to check in the morning when I have more than a phone light but I'm not impressed.
November 10th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Whoa, I leave for a few days and UM's got another grandbaby coming. Congrats. It sounds like you're handeling the news well, but like you said yourself, what else do you do. Good luck helping everyone figure things out.

I am sitting on the couch under a blankie while my family is at church, I've lost my voice completely as of friday afternoon, which is unbelievably annoying. We were gone for an overnight trip, and everyone is so used to me organizing everything, that it threw off my whole family. And it's a good thing dh is so terrific otherwise, because you would not believe how often I've had to remind him that I don't have a voice so that he will have to step up and order food,tell the kids what we're doing and call the ones that are wandering off back and so on. DRIVE ME NUTS. And I can't even yell at him, because when I do he starts laughing, or worse, whispers back lol.
~mommy~ likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Remember a few hundred posts ago I complained about a fb friend who has the greatest life imaginable, money, things, vacations. She is generally pretty friendly and encouraging and sweet in her posts, even if I think they are goofy and braggy. She complained before about the cost of her sons inhaler and how all the lazy people get medicaid and dont have to pay a thing for their kids inhalers. I wanted to say something then. You guys said to give her a break, one post out of hundreds that was snarky and venting.

But yesterday's really has me stewing. She is a labor delivery nurse at a small hospital in central fl. A dream job she loves, is respected, pays well. Her husband has his own business, a gym or fitness center or something like that. So, I guess she handles their insurance stuff. She said she was going through the plans and was just shocked at how much it all costs. She said she wasnt sure how she was going to smile and help lazy people push out those babies they cant pay for anymore. I am just so shocked at how she can be so callous and stingy and elitist.

So now can I write to her and tell her her snob is showing? Explain how other people live?
jessmgt likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again UM! Love your easy going attitude about it.

FW, I don't know how to say this, but I hope your friend can change her attitude. No matter what the situation, any woman giving birth needs a loving non-judgmental nurse to lovingly help her through the labor and delivery. It's usually the nurses who do most of the work and they need to be able to have that relationship with every mother without any judgement about their financial situation. She's just going to have to put that aside while she's at work and get over it.
*steps off soap box*
jessmgt likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
November 10th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW....I say go for it!
November 10th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow- FW i'd probably have to blast her myself...and then probably apologize for my mean words. that is just uncalled for. she would last about 5 mins as nurse for one of my girls. I say go for it...but use finesse and be somewhat nice.

~~terre~~
November 10th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Honestly you wouldn't know. She is very professional and will do her job well. I just hate that she has that crap in her heart. Someone else called her on it publicly, but I was surprised at how many chimed in with her.

I'm pretty proud of myself. I turned on the dryer and it was making a weird noise and pulling and sounding all messed up. I took it apart tonight and found a shoestring type thing wound around the belt and itself! Cleaned that out and cleaned out the rest of the lint and the vent hose thing. Purring like a kitten now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search