I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2091Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok not to be maudlin or anything, but in another circle of online women that I am part of, well we just got a message that one of the girls died this morning unexpectedly. we are in shock to say the least. but my point in bringing it here is to say this: make sure that your husband or a family member would know to come here and leave a post if something should happen to you. please!!!

~~terre~~
November 10th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. I will tell my dh to do so. Or um will if she sees it on fb, how about that?
November 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM
of course -- however it would happen, I just know that I would want to know if something were to happen to one of you. I just told my dh to handle it for me.

~~terre~~
November 10th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I saw on fb she was from a ddc. From here?
November 11th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope it wasn't one of the mommies from here. Someone would post something to my FB I'm sure.

FW, I would have called that nit wit out on her post. I'd also probably tell her bosses have been known to find out what their employees post on their wall and that wouldn't go well with her BOSS that she could be so cruel and heartless to someone delivering such a special blessing. She can have my job as a cashier and I'll go deliver babies in her stead
Farmers-wife and jessmgt like this.

November 11th, 2013, 09:16 AM
yes, she was a mommy from the jan 2010 ddc -- angela schoonover. she had owen and Aubrey. Aubrey was born with overriding long-term health issues and has required much medical intervention. frankly she should not have made it this far, but with angela fighting for her, she is a bright and happy little girl. there was no warning with angela -- she was found not breathing yesterday morning and cpr did not help her.

~~terre~~
November 11th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah... I would dare her to call my husband lazy. Just because we get help with health insurance doesn't mean I'm like some of those women who sit on my *** and get knocked up by every Joe Schmoe I find attractive, and chose to keep the baby while he goes on to knock up the next woman.

Good for her that she decided to have just a couple kids and can afford everything herself out of pocket.

November 11th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so very very sad
November 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sad about your friend, Terre.

FW, glad you got the dryer fixed. I think I would have had to say something to that woman. How high and mighty of her to assume you can just know everything about a woman who happens to have medicaid.

I helped Naja make her first appt for the baby. She is going to see a midwife she is nervous. She is scared.
#12 is on the way
November 11th, 2013, 10:28 AM
She will do great! The first one is a doozy!

Took my kids to a Veterans Day parade. It was fun. We talked about what it all means. Now they want to go to the Air Force or navy.
#5in2005, UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.
November 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Terre, it's stories like that that always give me pause. So sad, and my kids know which sites to go to in the event that something bad happens.

The first few OB appointments can be a little scary, she'll do great!
November 11th, 2013, 02:08 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome FW!

I feel the same you do Terre, I am so saddened and it's just more awful by the fact they do have Aubrey, and her care is more complicated than the "average/normal" child.

Naja will be fine, but I do remember those first few appts when I was pg with my first and I was young also. I'm so glad she has you there to help support her emotionally, etc with this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
November 11th, 2013, 06:54 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for the loss. I will likely be dust in the wind should something unexpected happen to me.
Naja should be scared, that s hurts. lol She, as we all know will be fine and have an amazing blessing in the end. She is very lucky to have you guiding her.

Still battling head lice :/ been over 2 weeks. Thought i had it under control little girls (the only ones who definitely had it) were scratch less for days...today, I got a phone call from the school and ds2 was in the office with an itchy head. Lady found 2 nits about an inch from the scalp, didn't think they would hatch. No live bugs. Ugh...came home and treated the 4 littles and myself anyway, better safe than...
Had one wake up vomiting last night. Of course H is out of town This too shall pass...and my favorite country song...ur gonna miss this. lol
November 11th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I hate the vomiting. That is absolute worst of normal things sick kids get. I'm so sorry.

#1 is working at 5amtomorrow. She hasn't let anyone forget it. She is all "I have to get up early", "I'm working so long tomorrow", blah blah blah. Bless her heart.

I made an exceptional batch of jambalaya tonight.
#5in2005, UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.
November 11th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I made an excellent pulled pork tonight!!!! been doing genealogy for hours it seems and have not found one single answer that I have been looking for!

~~terre~~
November 12th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Genaeology is both frustrating and fascinating at the same time. My mother's family seem to have just appeared out of thin air - turns out that records weren't kept so meticulously in early 1900s rural Italy.

A lady I work with resigned today, I feel so sad, it's so lovely to see her smiling face so often, I'm really going to miss her.
November 12th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a drug meeting for work today at 11 am and then I work 4 - 9 tonight. I have a "second" job of sorts, too. I take my baked goods to work with me on Saturdays and my boss takes them to his little bulk foods store in Cambridge and sells them for me. I get paid weekly with that and bi-weekly with my hourly job. yay.

November 12th, 2013, 07:24 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sorry you are still dealing with the lice. It is such a pain in the ***.

Today is our wedding anniversary, two whole years, LOL.
#12 is on the way
November 12th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have to pass by two year to get to twenty! Happy anniversary!

I have a post for the private forum. Just to complain.
UrbanMomma likes this.

November 12th, 2013, 08:04 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thoughts and prayers to the family with loss!

2 grandbabies!! awesome!!

Hope the lice is gone, I know when my kids had it Saudia it was a long process to get them out just because there was almost nothing on the market to buy. We had to end up going to the DERMATOLIGIST to get the stuff that killed them off in one shampoo!!

I have ate jambalaya but have seen it on tv and know there are different ways to make it, sounds good.

Happy Anniversary!!

taking DD2 to the dentist this morning and bringing DD3 with, leaving DD4 home with DH! thats a rare occasion so may take them to eat at the sushi bar after. Lookingforward to geeting DD1's report card this week, DS4 had 3 passes and 1 no pass!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search