I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2186Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I am trying to get James (my 18 month old) to sleep in his own bed. He is not having anything to do with it. Also trying to get Jaxon and Alexis (my 4 year olds) to sleep in their own room. Alexis is doing ok but Jaxon wakes up at 5 to snuggle me. I am glad he just comes into my room and lays down though.

Right now I am trying to eat some soup without James seeing me. He steals my food. I woke up with a bad cold. Also the babies are refusing their morning nap so was not a good morning for me. It is almost time for James nap time then I hope the day gets better.
November 14th, 2013, 08:19 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hope everyone who isn't feeling well is better now.

FW, hope that filling sticks until after Christmas. I had two have two root canals and my insurance pays 80%. I have a temporary cap on one right now and my temporary filling fell out of the other. I have to go Monday to get the permanent cap on the one and get the temp filling put back in the other. The other tooth will have to hang on until January.

My 4 year and my 18 month old steal my food all the time. If I gave them what I was eating on their own plate they wouldn't eat it, but since it's mine.......*sigh*

I was moved off my bin today (work) so they could train new hires on my trucks....it took FIVE people to do what I do everyday (and make it look easy). I load a mall route and that driver was mad as hell, he said his truck was a mess.

My 17 yo got his first report card and had 3 A's and 2 B's.

We are going out for our wedding anniversary this Saturday. I have babysitters for all the kids. I told dh we should just get take out, come home and enjoy the quiet.
#12 is on the way
November 14th, 2013, 08:28 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Great report card! Enjoy your time on saturday, I totally get the enjoyment of quietness of the home for a change!
#5in2005 and UrbanMomma like this.
November 15th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a great report card, UM. Have fun for your anniversary!

Hope you get your littles to sleep in their own beds. My youngest still crawls in our bed sometimes but I don't really mind.

I get my first (albeit small) pay check today lol. I'm going to do a little grocery shopping while I'm there. Eggs and sugar are both on sale plus bags of apples are on sale 2 for $3 and I'm so going to shop their sale!
#5in2005 likes this.

November 15th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Can I just say I am so over potty training. I have been trying to potty train James and Jaxon for a week now. I need a break. Nether one is no where close. I want to get Jaxon done before he is 4. Alexis was so easy.
November 15th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Potty training can be so frustrating, good luck! Maybe it's time to try again in a few weeks if you're not getting anywhere.

It's snowing here! Good thing I got the most excellent tires put on my van last week.

The kids only had 3 days of school this week, so it's hard to believe it's friday already.
November 15th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
our little Josie is just turned 17 months old and had totally ZERO interest in potty training. no worries, it will eventually happen.

~~terre~~
November 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I don't even attempt to potty train until 2-2/12.
#12 is on the way
November 15th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sorry I got her age wrong -- she is 2.5 years old.

~~terre~~
November 15th, 2013, 05:52 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My 2-year-old has no interest in it, either. I'm not interested in doing battle every day. I know she won't go to kindergarten in diapers.
UrbanMomma likes this.

November 15th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I got #1's act scores back. She got a 24 last time. She needed a 26 to be eligible to apply to the honors program and apply for the full scholarship. She got a 23 this time. ***? Most people go up a point or two taking it again. I mean, she knows we can't pay for college. We can't pay for groceries! I'm a little upset.
November 16th, 2013, 07:18 AM
can she take it again? Can't you apply for financial aid? Pell Grant? I don't know...

My two oldest sons, and their gf's, are fighting over dumb stuff. A broken ipod. Stupid. So, so stupid. They were all calling me repeatedly yesterday to tell me their side.
#12 is on the way
November 16th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate when they put mom in the middle of their issues.

FW - there are zillions of grants and scholarships she can apply for. I mean seriously there are awards for 'people with blue eye' types of things. probably something for kids from huge families.....tell her to get looking.

http://www.scholarships.com/financia...ips-for-women/
jessmgt likes this.

~~terre~~

Last edited by MIL2lissy8; November 16th, 2013 at 08:29 AM.
November 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW, maybe this will help. Your states national average for an act score 19.6. Your DD already when almost 4 points about your state average. Honestly she already went above the national average also. She has actually ROCKED her act's. That is no small thing.

She doesn't have to have scholarships to go to school. There are tons of grants, and student loans. Just to give you an ideal, all of my kids qualified for full federal grants, those they do not pay back. Most colleges have work programs, she's paid to work at the school. That can be her pocket money or she can use it towards books. I did pay for books, and take out a loan with Lupan but that was because we made a mistake when filling for everything. She can save money by renting books and not buying books, HUGE savings here.

If she wants to go to college, she can. Maybe a Jr College to start with and get all of those prerequisites out of the way, another huge money saver. Then there are private scholarships, there are ton out there.
#5in2005 and jessmgt like this.
November 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
#6 otw for us:)
College is an expensive but necessary evil... all my kids know that they HAVE TO do their absolute best in high school, so that scholarships will come their way... given the high expectation, none are allowed to work before 18, school is their full time job!!

Plz remember that 2 have been here in the us for going on 2 years, so have an entire language to master as well as middle/high school... my other 2 boys have add, and adhd so school is a but more of a struggle... as for baby otw and our 5yr old daughter... well cross that bridge when we get there lol

College can be done, just remember that the loans do not go away!!!
Love this thread ladies!
November 16th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Still waitng at 4:02 for dh to finish up cutting hair so we can go out......lah dee dah dee dah.......

ohhhh and dh hit the 3 digit for $250 today.
#12 is on the way
November 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She will be done with the junior college in April. She has to score a 26 on the act to be eligible for our state scholarship. We will apply for all we can. I told her her new part time job is applying for scholarships. Cutting her hours at work and not being in the next show. We know all about renting books, work study, and loans. I am absolutely against taking out loans for undergrad. If she still goes to medical school, she can then.

I just heard that a homeschool friends son committed suicide today. I have no other info. I'm so super sad for her. I know test scores aren't the end of the world. Anyone have any advice on what I can do to help her?
November 16th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Wow, FW, that is just sad. I think just reaching out and letting her know that you are there if she needs you is all you really can do. I can't imagine that kinda pain
November 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Very sad about your friends son. Sorry.
#12 is on the way
November 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yes, FW, that is such a shame. suicide is never the answer no matter how big the problem. i hope his family will get help for the other kids in light of this.

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search