I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2115Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2013, 08:39 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep - wyatt has all of next week off. he can't wait......i can.

still dont know what to do about thanksgiving. i want to go out to a restaurant for convenience but to pay for 7 adults and 3 kids might be horrendous. then again, the turkeys are so darn spendy this year that it might all balance out.

~~terre~~
November 20th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the wax problem too. I have learned to control it better over the years. Get some of the ear wax drops and run hot water over it in the shower every day. I used to get those big chunks of dried wax built up. It does hurt. The last time I had it removed it was the size of a peanut m&ms! I brought it home to show the babysitter I had at the time. She thought it was hilarious. I'm kind of gross.

I'm making chili for dinner tonight. It's not that cold anymore though.
November 20th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I need to figure out Thanksgiving too. We were all set to go visit family five hours away, but yesterday dh told me he has to work the Friday after Thanksgiving. So either we don't go, or we drive back that night, or he drives back that night and then returns to get the kids and I that weekend.

Honestly, I want to say "forget it" and stay home. Driving five hours on Thanksgiving night (the first 90 minutes on mountain roads) sounds not fun at all. But...the kids are excited to go. My parents were excited to see us. My dh is perfectly willing to drive home alone and come back the next day, which is generous of him. I think I'm the only one who has lost interest. I guess we better go....
November 20th, 2013, 10:30 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We are going to my gma's/mom's for Thanksgiving. I am still cooking a lot of stuff though, because honestly, I am the best cook in the family. We are doing it there because my gma is 88 and just has a hard time getting out of the house anymore since she broke her hip. I don't know how she is going to deal with 24 people in the house though, mostly kids.
#12 is on the way
November 20th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'd say forget it, thats a lot of back and forth with the littles.

Um that sounds like fun!
November 20th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom and her husband are coming here for thanksgiving. I will be cooking just about everything. When I say *I* I mean mostly Rob LOL Mom is bringing sweet potatoes, dessert (I don't like pie, and I especially don't like pumpkin pie, so her husband is making something different just for me ) and brussels sprouts.

November 20th, 2013, 12:26 PM
We go to his parents for tgiving. I used to make all the desserts. But now she keeps saying "don't worry about pie, I have something..." I ink I was just too good and she didn't like the competition. So this year I'm not bringing anything. We have a pecan farm, right? Last year she said she got pecan pies at SAMs. ***? So I give up. The big loser is my sils husband because he loved my key lime pie, pumpkin cheese cake, apple pie, etc. screw them.
UrbanMomma likes this.
November 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The others are definetly missing out fw! I am sure I would LOVE your keylime pie.

I will just tell you all that no, dh and I are not buying fil a new ski helmet with a built-in camera for his birthday. But how nice of him to suggest it to me.
UrbanMomma and mom2many2010 like this.
November 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
um sounds like a good time
fw how about gifting those pies to bil for christmas??
clouise good luck
repti glad to hear weston is well
m2m that's funny about the shoes...I don't see any blondes in ur pics. lol

half day of school, Parent/teacher conferences and cub scouts tomorrow. Long, busy day. Dh has meetings on top of it. At least he's sorta home. idk what we r doing for tgiving my new dear friend suggested we do it up. She LOVES to cook and only has 2 dc so doesn't get much of a chance. She has been spending the weekends here with her dc and last weekend we cooked. It was beautiful we cooked, cleaned as we went had good company and mostly grateful dc.
mom2many2010 likes this.
November 20th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Oh heck fire no. I mostly bake to show off. I'm not giving him anything. He can just sit there and be skinny and be sad.

So I got a weird email tonight. Our director chick forwarded it to me about this couple here in town. the husband up and left. I'm sad for the wife, but the email was kind of funny. Their kids (adults, my age) blamed it on living here in our little town.
November 20th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ugh, septic issues. Hopefully it only needs to be pumped. I couldn't reach the landlord so the guys gonna come out tomorrow and were just gonna pay him. Fingers crossed that that's all it is.

I sent all of the kids to my MIL's so we didn't have to worry about them turning on the sink or flushing the toilet. I'm home all alone and am not sure I like it. It's kinda scary lol
November 21st, 2013, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That reminds me that they're connecting our town to mains sewage next year. I need to fimd outvwhen.
November 21st, 2013, 06:46 AM
Did the septic thing back in August. Make sure they clean the filter!

My bffs daughter is having a baby girl. She is 25, living with the baby daddy, who has an 18 yo daughter and is married to someone else. He doesn't work, she doesn't work. Nobody works. They just sit around, smoking and drinking and not working. My BFF is really struggling with how much she can do for the baby. How much enabling, how much is really helping. Such a mess.
November 21st, 2013, 10:36 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'll mention the filter. They can't come out today, so it will be tomorrow. I did dishes the pioneer way lol. Not sure I could live the pioneer life . good news is I reached that landlord and they are picking up the tab. Chuck and I talked about it and we are just going to do it every two years from here on out. I know it's their responsibility, but they pretty much leave us alone, and let us do whatever we want, so we try to not be pain in the *****. I mean we don't destroy the house or anything but we do paint, and I can do whatever color I want, redo floors as I want etc,..

All the kids are still at MIL's. I went there to go potty lol. We have an outhouse on the property...where the field workers used to live so if I get desperate enough I'll use that...yuck, and it so freaking cold..

FW, that's a hard spot. My mom was in one similar with my sister. She just decided the kids will never go without. period. My sister might go without, but never the kids. I also think there is some guilt, on my mom's part where my sister is concerned.
November 21st, 2013, 10:47 AM
This girl was set to be a perfectly fine adult. But then got involved with drugs, stealing, etc. has been in and out of jail and the biggest thing was she sort of killed a guy. Not directly. She hit his car with hers due to passing out. He was airlifted to a big hospital two hours from here. Got better, then got one of those hospital infections and then died. Personally, I think she hasn't forgiven herself for the accident and all the crap that came with/after it. She wanted a daddy to take care of her. Hers died just after she got off house arrest. My BFF and I blame him for her behavior. High fiving her when she got busted for pot, for stealing from Walmart, for having sex. Then he died. Pos. so her boyfriend is JUST like him except he doesn't have a job. My other friend is giving her a crib, mattress, and bedding. I am giving her all my girl stuff I have kept "just in case". The one thing I can't decide on is my infant car seat and baby swing. I bought them new for my last baby, thinking I would have one more. I haven't. They smoke, so I don't want to loan them. I have to decide to give or not. No middle of the road. What do you all think?
November 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
She's got some serious luggage it sounds like, so sad really since they can (the girl) never see it.

Ha, I still have a lot of my infant newborn stuff. I do loan it out, and have even given some away, but it always comes back to me lol. How soon is the baby coming? Maybe think on it a bit, if you don't feel comfortable giving it, then don't.
November 21st, 2013, 12:14 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sell it, don't give her new stuff. If you really feel guilty sell the stuff then use like 20% of the profit to buy stuff at goodwill or off of craigslist. People that wont help themselves don't deserve a boatload of new stuff.
UrbanMomma likes this.

November 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, think on it a little while, and see if they actually need what you have when the baby is close to being born. What a hard situation!

It's one of these days with many interruptions, so I'm not even going to try to get anything done other than empty my dishwasher and sweep the floor.
November 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
My stupid water bill is overdue and we have to set up a payment plan or get shut off. They want $256 by Wednesday or its off. ughhhh. The total bill is $2200.
#12 is on the way
November 21st, 2013, 03:46 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
HOLY COW!!............How late is it?

I don't get a water bill, we're on well, but dang!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search