I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2072Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about fires and tummy bugs. We have had something going around. I have it right now and don't feel great. I've been a little grumpier at everyone today.

Now I'm just kind of sitting around watching tv. I have had to do dishes and clean poop today so I figure I am ok.
December 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jayde said her stomach didn't feel good this morning, but she's acting fine. I hope she was really sick this morning and not that it comes overnight or something, because that much homework will definitely bring tears.

December 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All caught up on reading this thread from the last few days.

My younger 4 kids are home because their school is closed, since we're in the middle of a snowstorm. We live close to town on a main road so our oldest still went to school, but if we lived farther out I would have kept her home.

I am doing a big clean in my house today now that all the birthday celebrations are done. Our house is all decorated for Christmas, but I wish I'd gotten around to putting the lights up outside when the weather was good. Dh didn't go trucking today though so we will just do it together and it should be done pretty fast. 18 years in we're getting pretty good at teamwork occasionally.
December 2nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
cybele, i get that feeling too. we have lots of forest fires around here in the fall especially. its a scary feeling when they start up.

~~terre~~
December 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Fires suck, we don't really worry about them reaching us, but the smoke from them is really bad and just messes with me.

We've had colds and coughs running through this house for the last few weeks. I can't shake the cough and it's starting to irritate me.

I am cooking a mini Thanksgiving meal since Lupan couldn't be with us on Thanksgiving.

That's pretty much it.
December 2nd, 2013, 08:43 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Praying the fires dont reach you and no harm to anyone around.

DS4 and DD1 are buying school ID's tomorrow. They are excited for there first 'official' card to put in their wallet/purse.

Tomorrow I will be re doing the way I give out rewards for the star chart. Im going to do it sorta like the dentist where they get to pick from selected prize drawers according to how many stars they have earned. So will be busy shopping for those prizes then will be looking for some boots.

Its quiet around here!
December 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Most of the times they don't reach us, they have on two occasions, '97 and '05.
'05 wasn't too bad but '97 was terrible, there were a few deaths in our area, over 400 hectares burned and around 50 homes destroyed. They were deliberately lit too which made it worse.
December 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Most of the times they don't reach us, they have on two occasions, '97 and '05.
'05 wasn't too bad but '97 was terrible, there were a few deaths in our area, over 400 hectares burned and around 50 homes destroyed. They were deliberately lit too which made it worse.
December 3rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
7 hours yesterday, 8 1/2 hours today at work. Only getting about 4 1/2-5 hours of sleep.....so tired. Might be mistaken for a zombie by this weekend.
#12 is on the way
December 3rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
wanna hear a funny story? so my daughter has been applying for jobs for months now. she is currently working as a holiday hire at costco. so yesterday she gets a call from waste mgt, our local trash pick company, saying they reviewed her application and resume and could she come in a 4:30a.m. for training this morning followed by working a whole shift to see how she works out. she says yes and asks what is the dress code there, which they said was casual. she says she confirmed it to be for a clerical type position. so the phone rings at 6a.m. and its her saying 'guess what mom? i am riding in a trash truck. bye'. she is auditing, whatever that means on a trash truck.

~~terre~~
December 3rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gotta make sure they don't push the button too many times

December 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
4 kids to the dentist, 3 come home with a cavity.

Insolent teens, whiny directors. I need new people.
December 3rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
some days, ya win; some days you should just go back to bed. today is a 'bed' day.

~~terre~~
December 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Today is the second snow day. My kids have been crafting up a storm, except for youngest, she is crabby. I was going to mop and stuff today, but I'll let it wait till tomorrow. I put Christmas lights up outside and am going to bake some cookies.

Hope all you undertheweather ones feel better.
mom2many2010 likes this.
December 3rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you on that one MIL, wishing I stayed in bed instead of going to work today. I've only had one bridal appointment booked and the first thing she said to me was "My future mother in law is bound to call you and tell you what she wants but don't listen to her because I'm the bride and I'm the one paying you". Great.
December 3rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Whoever signs the checks, wins.

I just helped #2 take her history final. I think I helped her fail it! I really know nothing about mesoamerican history pre-1500.
December 4th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I agree that check signer wins.

FW I've been there sometimes I think it's better if I don't help lol

It's not even 8 and all of the kids are awake. Very unusual.
December 4th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She who pays always wins but I've been stuck in the middle of weird flower related family disputed before and they cause me to hide under tables every time the phone rings at work, haha.
December 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How not fun cybele.

Another day of kids at home....except no one really knows why, sunny blue skies, no wind.....and friday is a pd day.

I got A LOT done today, so that's nice.
December 5th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Up super early for me. Taking all the girls to Pensacola to visit the college #1 wants to go to. They are having this big homeschool outreach event. I registered #2 as an attendee, too. 3 and I are in charge of 7&9. It is a 3 hour drive. Should be fun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search