I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2510Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Have fun FW!

Ugh, my computer won't turn on now. I had to pull out Lupans laptop, but it needs a battery. It stays on so long as we don't bump the power cord lol

I have a headache and fighting kids.
December 5th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have fun FW

Ugh M2M, computer issues. Hope your headache tapers off.

It's -20F here today, supposedly tomorrow too, and then it 'warms' up.
December 5th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's pretty chilly here today too. Definitely not -20 though. There was a high of 20something today, and it is supposed to get colder trough tomorrow.

St Nick comes tonight.. maybe. These kids have been absolutely horrible. I need some really big boxes so I can ship them all to china.

December 5th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am sitting here at my desk, the sun is bright outside with a few clouds (rain is coming). it is nippy out but still just gorgeous!

i hit the gym this a.m. after a quick stop for a blood draw and of course my daily weigh-in. then it was time for groceries and a late lunch. now that wy is home from school, i am considering a short respite in my bed! oh and two loads of laundry done too. its been a good day.

trying to plan christmas with my kids -- where, what day to gather and who to buy for. i think M2M might be most like me, with a lot of adult kids. we are trying to figure out if everyone is going to draw names and buy one gift for that name, or just opt all the adults out, period. if we do just for the grandkids, well there are two adults that don't have kids yet. should they be included in the drawing for the littles? i get all the sob stories about finances from each of them, and while i understand it, i also know that christmas comes every year and i know i plan ahead and start early to avoid that overwhelming financial crush that comes during this month. they don't. and yet, again, it falls to me to work out all the details for them.

seriously, i wonder what would happen to family gatherings if i was not here to organzie them? grrr....

~~terre~~
December 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm home! I will write more later. It was a fun day!
December 5th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
This is the first year that we have had to figure it all out. We still don't have it figured out. I'm thinking since none of them have really said anything that we are just going to meet up at my MIL's. Next year we are thinking of doing the name draw, but only for the adults. The older kids still want to be able to buy for all of the younger kids. Eh, whatever happens-happens. For sure it's going to be weird for me.
December 5th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
soooo....this is preliminary yet -- i haven't announced to my own family even. but it looks like my 'new' aunt and i match more than 79% of our DNA. i'd say that is pretty solid proof that i found the correct family of my mother's. i dont understand all the specifics yet - i have just seen a chart and it is considerably a closer match than any other person on there. i feel so validated!!!!!
#5in2005 likes this.

~~terre~~
December 5th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Wow. That is cool. Congrats.

#1 was accepted to the University of West Florida today! Just got an email from the admissions lady tonight. She is so happy. #2 loved the place. She was all "can I just start now?" Whether she goes there or not, I hoped it would give her a vision for the future and she would stop fighting with me about math and doing school work. #3 thought it was cool, but wants to visit other places in the next 5 years before she makes any decisions.
#5in2005, ~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.
December 5th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh tammy, thats great. i bet she is so excited!!!
Farmers-wife likes this.

~~terre~~
December 6th, 2013, 07:51 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats FW

Mil I dont know anything about DNA but 79 sounds great!!

Have a very early morning appt to get my knee checked out today. Its been really bothering me especially this last week. I know I have OA but hopefullly things have not gotten worse. Am expecting to get an MRI again.

This week went by really fast!
December 6th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Congrat's MIL and FW! both of you have awesome news!

Amira good luck with knee!

I've got nothing, Sam is taking her dad to dinner tonight for his birthday. Poor vegetarian girl is taking him to Red Lobster lol
December 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
^^yum...Red Lobster is always our go to restaurant. very sweet of her taking dad!

Back from my appt... Have an MRI scheduled for next week. Fun <not>

Friend just stopped by to get the bags and bags of caramel popcorn I bought. Its worthers and hard to find so Grabbed as many as I could. She is one happy camper! and Im happy that Im not ingesting all those calories and the bags are out of here because that stuff is YUMMMY!!!

Im going to re organize my kids drawers today they are horrible and super messy because I have been letting them put their own laundry away once I fold it. It was ment to free up some of what I do and teach them but its not turning out that way so far
December 6th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just googled Red Lobster. Haha, what did she eat?
December 6th, 2013, 02:40 PM
#1 helped #2 with her French final. They got a B. I helped #1 with her American history final. I will let you know what we got when I find out.

Going to our downtown Christmas stuff tonight. Art gallery show, street party, and live "Bethlehem" scene. Should be fun!
December 6th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It ended up being a double date lol, I'm not a fan of Red Lobster but the husband was in heaven.

Cybele, she had shrimp nachos minus the shrimp.
December 7th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooh, I always wanted to go to a street party, they sound like fun, we don't seem to do them here.

I didn't realise that shrimp go on nachos, thats my new thing I learned today.

I haven't mentioned this yet because the legality of it has been really on and off so we didn't know if it was happening for sure or not, but tomorrow my oldest is getting married, we are flying interstate for it, as only one state (well actually it's a territory) here has marriage equality laws and we're flying up tomorrow morning, we should get there around 9am, the wedding is at 11:30am then we have lunch booked and we fly back and should be back in Melbourne by 7pm. So theres a bit of a buzz here right now.
December 7th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cybele will hold up in your 'state'? Here they don't unless you actually live in that state. Good luck to the girls
December 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
FW, congrats to #1

Terre, yay for DNA!!

Amira, I hope you get the knee issue taken care of.

I hope everyone gets their Christmas plans worked out.

Anything else I missed.....sorry.

My oldest son called me to ask me to help him look for an engagement ring!!

FW, congrats to #1

Terre, yay for DNA!!

Amira, I hope you get the knee issue taken care of.

I hope everyone gets their Christmas plans worked out.

Anything else I missed.....sorry.

My oldest son called me to ask me to help him look for an engagement ring!!
#5in2005 and mom2many2010 like this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
December 7th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Sweet!
December 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
M2M, it's complicated, Australia recognises defacto/same sex defacto relationships are legally equal to marriages, so marriage is for title purposes only here. I'm not 100% on the validity of it outside the ACT but it's not like it will change any spousal rights they already have as a cohabitating couple, if that makes sense.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search