I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1818Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lots of excitement for everyone

This morning it was -40. (it's the same F and C) it's already "warmed" up and monday we should be back to normal temps. Phew!

The cold didn't stop us from going to a dinner theatre yesterday, I went with sil and 2 friends, they did "it's a wonderful life' radio theater style, it was SO great. My mom gave me a guilt trip for not inviting her.

This morning we went to the Christmas Farmers market (it's indoors) and tonight we're off to the movies. DH will see Catching Fire with the older 3 and I'll go to Frozen with the younger 2.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
December 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids earned some money from their fair projects. #5 saw a toy at the dollar general that he wanted to get for #7 for Christmas, but didn't want her to see him get it, but she was coming with us. So I said, don't worry, you can go without us and put it the car before we go to the car. So he did. Without paying for it! I had his money and gave it to #3 to go with him with the keys, pay, and go out in the parking lot. He comes up to me empty handed. I said "where's your stuff?" He said he put it the car. I shrieked "without paying!?" And he said "oh shoot I forgot!" He ran out, got it, paid, and put it back and she was none the wiser.
December 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol fw, never a dull moment

It's monday! I have coffee!

We participated in a live nativity last night, (angel chorus, obviously lol) and it was cold and very fun. Today is an at home day, I'm going to get all caught up on everything, the rest of the week is a write off, so I'm seriously thinking about planning my meals ahead which I love when I actually do it.
December 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW that is hysterical! At least you realized it while in the store and not after you got home hahaha

#5 that sounds like fun, our town does something like that during the Christmas tree lighting. I learned that they are going to cut down the tree to make sidewalks...sad

I have to take Megan to school, it's -3 out which means the snow didn't defrost and I am scared crapless. Her heater has been fixed, but it doesn't blow well because when the person before us decided to upgrade the stereo they cut a part of the venting system. Today will be it's true test.
December 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
BBrrrrrrr thats cold! M2M Praying for a safe drive! Im too chicken to drive in snow or ice.

Its Monday for sure! I had my MRI this morning at 7am left just after 6.30am. Dh got DD1 and DS4 off to school this morning. I always put clothes, lunches, ect down the night before so it was just a matter of breakfast and getting them out the door. It went smoothly he said.

Im having a very close friend over tomorrow morning. We are spending the first half of the day making arabic bread. Im going to do a small dough test to see if the dough itself freezes well or if I would just have to bake the bread, freeze and thaw when needed. The baked bread freezes really well so will see bout the dough.

Babies r us had a huge sale yesterday so we spent about $220 on like 4 huge bags fulll of clothes, sleepers, shoes! I love love love sales!! Too bad it maxes out at size 5T

December 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Passing time waiting for my bestie to come and we start making the arabic bread. Its really cold this morning and the kids bus broke down so Dh drove them.

I have the last part of my dentist appt for my cleaning tomorrow, so get to suck on laughing gas! yah!

We are booking our stays at both the beach and the mountain for during winter break! I just cant ever spend enough time at either! love the mountains and we are going to take the kids skiing. Night skiing is the best! the beach is fun in cold when looking at beach and ocean during a nice hot fire! we have to pick up a few new board games though because I think the ones we have are getting boring! should be fun.

December 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Sounds like fun.

I'm home from a hair cut and face wax. Got a nice bit if small town gossip. Crazy pregnant lady attacks her boyfriend for breaking up with her. People are stupid. He is the clerk of courts in our town. My hair dressers husband tried to break up the fight. The pregnant lady turned on him and kicked him square in the jimmy with her cowboy boots!

Dh's boss said there will be a Christmas bonus this year! Can't wait til pay day!
December 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was so bored yesterday. so so bored......today i have more errands to do so no time to be bored. tonihgt is the annual christmas program at church. i have not been to it yet, so i am excited. they call it a 'walk-through' and i guess it is different scenes in different rooms that tell the christmas story. should be fun but really cold outside. good thing its inside.
#5in2005 likes this.
December 10th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Amira, may I ask, you have the right to tell me to mind my own business....but what does your husband do for a living?

UM, if you see this how is your son and his girlfriend? Well both boys really?

FW I bet his Jimmy's will be aching for a while lol

MIL have fun!

I've got nothing new. I wrapped Megan's present in a big box then covered it with duct tape and shipping tape. Figured since it was all she wS getting I might as wel make her work for it lol

Settled on a CD player for Ted and some CD's....he has my old iPhone, but can't add music without loosing the 500+ songs on it. So I thought it was a creative solution.

It's cold, to **** cold for me. Had to be a heat lamp in with the chickens so the poor stupid things wouldn't freeze.
December 10th, 2013, 07:40 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Haven't been on in almost a month - it's just been crazy! We traveled (minus hubby) for Thanksgiving since my older girls were off school all week. Other than my dad's open heart surgery, we have only been home at Thanksgiving 1 other time since hubby and I have been married. We took both dogs, which I will NOT be repeating after Christmas.

M2M, Loved Sam's shoe mishap.
UM, sorry about the girlfriend. That's got to be heartbreaking for them!
Repti, glad Weston is healing well.
FW, I just love your posts. They crack me up!!
Amira, how did the bread turn out? Have you started NuvaRing?

I can't remember anything else. I have 1 child who refuses to sleep - the baby! We have at least 1 day a week where he does not sleep well. The second you lay him down it's total screaming. He's a very calm baby other than that. And today is one of those days, and it's all happening at bed time when I'm exhausted!!

#1's dog has fleas. We found out before Thanksgiving. The dog was flea bathed, shaved, and treated with medication. I sprayed the house down before we went out of town and when we got back. But, they're back. Yuck, yuck, yuck!!! None of our pets have ever had them before, and I'm more than a little annoyed. I don't have time/money for this nonsense!

December 10th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Fleas are a total pain!!

Where oh where has Repti been?

The roads and weather are bad again today.

My oldest is taking her drivers tomorrow, EEK. This is her second go, so I really hope she gets it.
December 10th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Went to dh's work dinner. It was fun. New couple was there. They have one child. They asked how many we have and I said 9 holding up fingers. They gave the look. Then the guy says "so are you done now?" I said "I think so because I had a miscarriage last year and haven't conceived since. They say one year of unprotected sex with no conception is a sign of infertility." Did I say "why do you only have one, don't you like sex, don't you want more?" No. Because I'm polite. I ate so much I should puke or not eat for 3 days.
December 11th, 2013, 07:26 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Hope your Dd gets her licsense.

Fw you def showed restraint and was more than polite on that!! would have loved to seen the expression on their face IF you would have said that! lol

Number5 I have those days with D too..its exuasting.

M2M mind your own business!!

Kidding...Dh is a " Scientist " ..his PhD is from Chemical Engineering. His specialty is corrosion ...He invents coatings for things like ..uuh rusty pipes ect...I will send you a private email so please check that.

Going to the dentist this morning. Leaving at 10 am or so ...Going ALone!! yahhooo...

Baked some oatmeal pumpkin choco chip cookies this morning. Was breakfast for the kids..

December 11th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Well **** now I'm sad Amira lol that's pretty cool. I was just wondering since from what I gathered he travels for his job. Good luck at the dentis and how did the bread turn out?

FW I'm with Amira on this one, you held your tongue. I'd have not been able to!
December 11th, 2013, 08:02 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Number5 I havent started the nuva ring yet. Im kind of sorta doing it behind Dh's back but am waiting for AF. I have to start it on like the 3rd day but I think I will wait till its about done. I am not looking forward to it. Im just scared of side effects and everything else.

December 11th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Can I say I have a touch of the green eyed monster.

My mom has a neighbor who is pretty ill, he has been as far back as I can remember my mom mentioning his name. He is well off though, some family money and some of his own, but you wouldn't know it. He live in the same mobile home park as my mom, that's how they met.

Well last night he took my whole family, my sisters and brother, and 7 or so of my sisters kids, plus my mom (it was her 60th birthday) to see The Lion King. He does things for them all of the time, my mom has become his DD in a lot of ways, but dang it seeing pics of all of their fun has made me jealous lol
December 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hi. Really tired. Hope everyone is okay. Talk to you all soon.
#12 is on the way
December 11th, 2013, 12:25 PM
My hilarious sister is trying to sell the cemetery plots my parents bought for themselves when they were early married. I'm not sure how it came up, but she has talked to our mom and she does not want to be cremated. Sister is not willing to pay for all that is needed for burial. So I said just prepay for the cremation, we will do something together and spread her ashes somehow/where. Tell mom she prepaid for everything mom asked for. So now on fb, my sister has put the plots up for sale! I'm cracking up.
December 11th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, people put lots of things up for sale on facebook, so I guess burial plots can be included, haha.

Picking up DD19 and as of midday today my former daughter in law of four days from the airport tonight because Australia's high court has ruled against the marriage equality law they got married under. Spoke to them earlier and they were in good spirits about it, they assumed it was going to happen and they are having a bit of a laugh about what their relationship 'title' is now.

Not much else happening really. Ds17 and DD14 have finished school for the year and are on summer holidays. I'm ready to sell DD14 if she doesn't get out from under my feet. I get nothing done when she's hovering around.
December 12th, 2013, 07:04 AM
I'm working on a plan to take our 4H group to Washington, D.C. Any suggestions? I'm thinking spring of 2015. We will need to raise and save a lot of money.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search